If you were injured in a truck accident that was not your fault, you could be awarded damages for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. If you live in or the truck accident happened in Islip, we are ready and able to provide you with experienced, dedicated and effective legal representation.
When you hire us to represent you, a truck accident lawyer from our firm will file your insurance claim, protect your rights, and prepare your case for trial, if necessary. You have already suffered enough from another person’s recklessness or negligence. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we take care of all the legal details while you are recovering.
- What Our Truck Accident Lawyers Do for You
- Recoverable Damages for a Truck Accident in Islip
- Who Might Be Held Liable for Your Injuries?
- When Should You Call a Truck Accident Attorney?
- We Handle All Kinds of Truck Accidents
- Find Out What Your Injuries Are Worth
What Our Truck Accident Lawyers Do for You
Our truck accident lawyers understand the complex liability and negligence laws involving these kinds of collisions. Truck accidents tend to incur more serious injuries, therefore creating more extensive damages.
To give you the best chance at securing compensation for your injuries, our legal team will:
- Update you regularly on your case’s progress
- Identify each of the liable parties
- Communicate with these parties for you
- Collect evidence to support your right to recover damages
- Calculate a value for your case
We are not afraid to tackle powerful defendants and large corporations to fight for compensation on your behalf. In fact, we look forward to taking on these adversaries as we work to bring justice to what has been a terribly unfair set of circumstances for you. Someone else was careless and that lack of care led to your injuries. They should pay for the harm they’ve caused you and it is our mission to make that happen.
We File Your Insurance Claim for You
Many truck accident lawsuits begin as insurance claims. While filing a claim may seem straightforward, it can quickly get complicated, especially if you are still healing from your injuries. When you work with our team, we do all the heavy lifting for you, such as:
- Objectively evaluating your injuries and talking to your doctor about your expected prognosis
- Compiling bills, invoices, and other paperwork to prove your damages
- Collecting evidence that proves the other party’s liability
- Filing, tracking, and managing your claim
One of the most beneficial aspects of hiring a truck accident lawyer is that our team will negotiate with the insurance company. As trial lawyers, we are ready to take your case to court if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement. We will use this as leverage and fight hard for your recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Islip, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages for a Truck Accident in Islip
The following types of damages could be recoverable after a truck accident:
- Ambulance and emergency care costs
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Medical tests
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Car rental
- Medical devices and equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of services
If you are significantly injured or have a permanent medical condition because of your injuries, you might also recover damages for disability, disfigurement, and diminished quality of life.
Serious Injuries as Defined By New York State Law
New York is a “no-fault” insurance state, but this does not prevent you from seeking additional compensation in certain situations. You could file a claim against the party that caused your accident if it led to “serious injuries” as defined by New York State Insurance Law Section 5102(d). Such injuries include:
- Disfigurement or dismemberment
- Loss of fetus
- Permanent loss or limitation of a bodily organ, member, function, or system
- Injury or impairment that prevents you from handling your usual daily functions for a set time
It is possible to meet the threshold for a serious injury but not understand how to recover compensation in Islip. That is when our truck accident lawyers step in to act on your behalf. Our lawyers will also help you understand your rights and how you could qualify for added damages.
Islip Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Who Might Be Held Liable for Your Injuries?
Truck accidents are more complex than other motor vehicle accidents. There might be several liable parties who could be responsible for your injuries and damages. The truck driver may be liable for causing the physical accident. Meanwhile, other potentially liable parties include:
- The truck’s owner or owners
- The freight owner or shipper
- The truck company
- The parent company if the trucking firm is part of a larger entity
- The truck, cab, trailer, or tire manufacturer for defective designs or products
- The maintenance company
- The safety inspector
Even if they were not present at the scene, any of these entities could have contributed to your collision. Our team will investigate to identify each liable party and compile evidence against them.
When Should You Call a Truck Accident Attorney?
You might want to reach out to our team after you receive medical care. There are a few reasons why waiting longer may not be beneficial:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 limits the time for filing personal injury lawsuits.
- Evidence, such as surveillance or dashcam video, might disappear, making it more difficult to prove liability.
- Witnesses could move away or forget important details.
- It takes time to prepare a case optimally for trial.
You might also want to call an attorney right away to get on with your recovery and your life as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Handle All Kinds of Truck Accidents
A truck accident attorney with our firm is ready to help after collisions involving:
- Delivery trucks
- Tractor trailers
- Oil and gas trucks
- Commercial vans
- Utility trucks
- Tow trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Commercial snowplow trucks
What Causes Most Truck Accidents?
In our experience as personal injury lawyers serving Islip, many truck accidents are caused by:
- Distracted driving (e.g., driver texting, adjusting climate control, using handheld phone)
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Defective tires and other manufacturer parts
Find Out What Your Injuries Are Worth
Call our office to learn about potential compensation for your injuries and how a truck accident lawyer from our firm will fight for you. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we offer free consultations. Once you hire us, we are able to meet to discuss your case at our office, your home, the hospital, or by phone. We serve clients in Islip and throughout the surrounding area in New York City and on Long Island.
Our team speaks several languages, including Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Call today for your free consultation: (516) 932-0400.