A lawyer with our firm will build your case for the best possible outcome. If you were injured in a construction accident in Islip, you might be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
The construction accident attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., help injured victims in the five boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx). We will meet you at our office, your home, the hospital, or any other convenient location in the greater New York City area and on Long Island.
In This Article
- We Help You Recover Damages After a Construction Workplace Injury
- Compensatory Damages for Construction Injuries
- We Determine Liability, File Insurance Claims, and Take Care of the Details
- Liable Parties in a Construction Accident
- What We Do to Help You Seek Compensation
- Types of Construction Accidents We Handle
- Construction Accident Injuries
- Call Now for a Free Consultation
We Help You Recover Damages After a Construction Workplace Injury
Construction workers in New York are constantly exposed to dangerous conditions and potentially serious injuries. While injured construction workers typically receive workers’ compensation benefits, it might not be sufficient to cover severe injuries.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident while working on a construction site in Islip, our lawyers are here to build the strongest case possible to get you compensation.
We help construction workers who were injured by:
- Unsafe working conditions
- Lack of safety precautions and measures
- Insufficient safety training
- Faulty equipment or machines
- Substandard safety gear, equipment, and tools
We show you how it is possible to seek compensation from a third party who caused or contributed to your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Islip, call 516-932-0400
Compensatory Damages for Construction Injuries
An attorney who handles construction injuries will fight for compensation, which might include some of the following damages:
- Medical treatment, including surgery, specialists, rehabilitation, therapy, prescriptions, and other medical care
- Lost pay
- Life-care costs
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional trauma
Our legal team works for you on a contingency basis. There are no fees unless and until we recover damages.
Islip Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Determine Liability, File Insurance Claims, and Take Care of the Details
Our lawyer will take care of filing your claim and the many other details, including:
- Keep you updated about your case’s progress
- Identify all liable parties who played a direct or vicarious role in your injuries
- Communicate with liable parties for you while you rest and recuperate
- Collect evidence to prove liability with photos, videos, accident reports, medical records, and witnesses
- Determine a value for your damages for both current and anticipated expenses
As you recover from a construction accident injury, let us gather and complete the necessary paperwork, handle communications with the insurance adjuster, and file your claim. After enduring a construction accident in Islip, you need and deserve to relax and focus on feeling better.
Click to contact our Islip Personal Injury Lawyers today
Liable Parties in a Construction Accident
Under New York’s Labor Law 240 (often called the Scaffolding Act), construction workers who perform necessary labor at high elevations are entitled to safety provisions and devices. If a worker does not have the proper equipment and is injured, third parties could be held financially accountable for injuries and damages.
These third parties include:
- General contractors
- Property owners
- Construction managers
- Equipment manufacturers
- Building or property managers
New York law is complex, and construction companies have their own lawyers fighting against injured workers’ claims. It is critically important to have a construction accident lawyer at your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What We Do to Help You Seek Compensation
Our priority is your health and well-being. We encourage you to follow your doctor’s instructions while we take care of seeking compensation from the liable parties.
This financial recovery process includes:
- Securing evidence of liability, including photos, videos, accident reports, previous violations, and witness statements
- Obtaining information from your doctor (with your permission) to understand the extent of your injuries and your expected prognosis
- Assigning a value for your economic and emotional damages
- Filing a claim against the other party’s liability insurance coverage
- Negotiating a settlement
In our experience, construction accidents are often settled without the need to go to court. Contractors, landlords, and other powerful defendants often do not want the publicity of a trial that may expose their appalling lack of care and regard for the very people, construction workers, who build their projects from a mere concept to an actual physical structure.
If negotiation with the other side does not result in a good faith offer, however, a trial lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., is ready and able to take your case to court and set out compelling arguments on your behalf to a judge and jury.
Deadline for Filing a Construction Accident Lawsuit
New York Civil Practice Laws and Rules Section 214 has a deadline for filing personal injury lawsuits. It takes time to gather information and evidence, interview witnesses, and get on the court schedule. This statute is only one of the many, sometimes complex rules that apply to case deadlines. As a general and important rule, it is always best to contact us as soon as possible after your accident. This is because the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
Types of Construction Accidents We Handle
Construction sites pose many threats to your safety. We help with all kinds of construction workplace injuries, including:
- Falls from scaffoldings, buildings, street bridges, ladders, and cranes
- Falling debris from building repair or construction
- Heavy equipment accidents, such as cranes, hoists, and excavators
- Caught-in accidents involving equipment and machinery
- Cave-in accidents during repair, renovation, or demolition
- Electrical accidents causing shocks, burns, and electrocution
- Crane accidents from improper setup or takedown
- Construction vehicle accidents involving trucks, trailers, and other motorized vehicles
- Exposure to toxic substances, including asbestos, a known carcinogen
Construction Workers are Not the Only People Who Could Seek Damages
If you are working on a construction site in a different capacity than a construction worker, you are still likely protected by state labor laws.
You could recover damages if you are injured in the course of your work in:
- Heavy equipment operation
- Repair and renovation
It is worth repeating, you are encouraged to begin working with our attorney on your case as soon as possible.
Construction Accident Injuries
An unsafe construction site or lack of safety equipment often results in serious and even life-threatening injuries, including:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Paralysis from neck or spine injuries
- Internal bleeding with permanent organ loss
If a loved one died after a construction accident in Islip, we are sorry for your loss. We will help you recover wrongful death damages, including compensation for lost income, final expenses, and mental anguish.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
We understand how much you and your family are suffering. Let us manage your Islip construction accident case while you focus on feeling better and spending time with loved ones.
The sooner you call, the faster our lawyer will help with your construction accident claim. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., at (516) 932-0400 today for a free consultation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form