Given the nature of work being performed on a construction site—not to mention the heavy machinery, hazardous chemicals, and electrical equipment being used, as well as the heights at which some tasks must be executed—on-site construction accidents come as no surprise.
If you sustained an injury in a construction accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation. A Baldwin construction accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will talk to you about your legal options during a free consultation.
In This Article
- Types of Construction Accidents We Handle in Baldwin
- Sources for Compensation After a Construction Accident
- What a Baldwin Construction Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
- Investigating Your Construction Accident
- Proving Negligence
- Types of Damages You Might Recover in a Construction Accident
- Statute of Limitations Place a Deadline on Taking Legal Action
- Call Our Construction Accident Lawyers Today
Types of Construction Accidents We Handle in Baldwin
Construction accidents happen in every area of the construction site. From our experience in handling these accidents, we determined the following types of construction accidents to be among the most common:
- Electrocution/electric shock
- Getting caught in or between equipment
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents (including delivery trucks, for example)
- Falls from ladders
- Falls from scaffolding
- Flying or falling debris
- Building collapse
We accept all these types of accidents, as well as those caused by other factors.
If your loved one died as a result of an injury sustained in a construction accident, we are deeply sorry for your loss. Although you may not feel ready to press ahead with legal matters, please be aware that the costs of your loved one’s death will likely affect you more than you realize, and sooner than you expect.
We are prepared to help you with a wrongful death action that will ease the economic burden of your loved one’s untimely death. If that is what has led you to our website, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. Please note, one of our main goals is to make the process as convenient and hassle-free for you as possible. By alleviating you of all the details and stress associated with making a legal claim, we hope that you will be able to focus your energies on healing from the loss of your loved one and rebuilding your life.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
Sources for Compensation After a Construction Accident
Although in most cases you cannot sue your employer for injuries you sustain while on the job, you can recover your medical expenses and some percentage of lost wages via your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. This insurance will not cover non-economic damages, like pain and suffering.
If, however, your injury resulted from the negligence of a third party, you can file a third-party claim against that party’s insurance policy, and/or you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. Your options for potentially recoverable damages expand to include various non-economic damages.
Additionally, you may be entitled to recover monetary compensation pursuant to the special workplace safety protections that New York’s Labor Laws provide to construction workers. We are sensitive to and experienced in working with Labor Law issues. If applicable, we will fight vigorously and leave no stone unturned on your behalf to assert your rights under these provisions.
A Baldwin construction accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can review your case and explain to you your legal options for recovering damages.
Baldwin Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What a Baldwin Construction Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
Workplace injuries that turn into third-party claims can get complicated fast. If you set out to file a claim against the manufacturer of a defective machine or tool, for example, you may be able to seek compensation from the manufacturer and the distributor.
A personal injury case consists of many moving parts that only get more complicated when more defendants are added to the mix.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can wade through the legal labyrinth on your behalf, so you can focus on the single, most important challenge—recovering from your injury. As for the rest, you can leave it to us. Our legal team will:
- Keep you apprised of any and all updates on your case
- Investigate your accident and gather evidence
- Identify all at-fault parties and establish their liability
- Communicate with all parties in your case
- Calculate your recoverable damages
- Manage every aspect of your case
- Fight relentlessly to win the best possible case result for you
Click to contact our Baldwin Personal Injury Lawyers today
Investigating Your Construction Accident
When you hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will assign an investigative team to the task of dissecting every aspect of your accident. We will gather evidence to help support your claim of negligence and your claim of damages. For example, we will, as applicable:
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Obtain copies of site accident reports
- Review photos and videos
- Interview witnesses
- Gather all your medical records
- Collect copies of your wage statements
The evidence we gather will form the foundation of a compelling case that no insurer or jury will be able to ignore. Invariably, the evidence will showcase one or several at-fault parties, which may include:
- Property owners
- General contractors
- Property managers
- Equipment vendors/manufacturers
Evidence We Collect to Prove Your Construction Accident Case
Personal injury cases usually end with a financial settlement rather than going to court. This typically happens because of the weight of the evidence we collect and submit on your behalf.
The evidence we collect for your case file will include:
- Proof of code and safety violations, which can be difficult to obtain on your own. Our legal team will fight for access to this information for you.
- Medical records and bills, including ambulance, emergency room, therapy, and rehabilitation documentation
- On-site or on-location security or surveillance video that captured details of the accident before, during, and after it occurred
- Accident reports if you were involved in a collision with a construction vehicle or internal incident reports that may have been generated by the construction company
Construction sites and zones are inherently dangerous places. Their machinery and vehicles can also pose dangers and hazards. Our team will collect proof of the cause of your accident and build a robust evidence file that steers the settlement negotiation process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Once we have identified the at-fault party (or parties) for your Nassau County construction accident, we will work to establish the four criteria required to prove a case of negligence. These elements are as follows:
- Duty of Care – The defendant owed you the responsibility of taking reasonable care to keep you from harm.
- Breach of Duty – The defendant failed to uphold this duty of care.
- Causation – The defendant’s breach of duty caused the accident that resulted in your injury.
- Damages – You suffered an injury (physical, emotional, and economic).
Types of Damages You Might Recover in a Construction Accident
Construction accidents can cause serious injuries that result in missed days at work, which can mean reduced income and emotional damage. Tragically, some construction accidents can lead to long-term or even permanent disability. Every case is different, and we will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure that we demand compensation for every loss you have endured, as well as those you may face in the future.
Some types of damages you might recover from your claim include:
- Medical treatment
- Medication costs
- Physical therapy
- Lost income/wages
- Lab tests
- Diminished potential future earnings
- Diminished enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Statute of Limitations Place a Deadline on Taking Legal Action
There is a statute of limitations on construction accident cases under New York law, meaning you have a limited time from the date of your accident in which to take legal action. Call us today, so we can get to work on your claim. We will ensure you meet all the required deadlines and that your damages are represented to get you the maximum possible compensation.
See Why Our Clients Give Us 5-Star Ratings
“You have to understand that when you have been injured that it takes time to deal with the insurance companies…They did all they could do for me, and I feel that I was in very good hands…They made a bad time in my life as good as it could have been.” — Andrew
“This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional and client-friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.” — Moulton
We work hard to earn reviews like these from satisfied personal injury clients. Our history of settlements and verdicts for our satisfied clients includes the following:
- $1,600,000 for a severe injury caused by a dolly being pulled by a tug
- $1,500,000 for severe back injuries sustained on a faulty construction plank
- $1,200,000 for a fall from a roof that resulted in a serious back injury
- $990,000 for a fractured patella caused by a fall at a construction job site
Our goal is to fight for the best possible outcome for you. Visit our case results page to see additional case results. You can also learn more about how hard our legal team works to recover damages for injured clients by visiting our testimonials page.
Our Client-Friendly Fee Structure
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we do not add to the financial hardship of your accident by charging hourly fees or requesting a hefty retainer. Instead, we will represent you on a contingency-fee-basis.
Here is how our fee structure works in your favor — we handle all the details of building your case and make sure you never need to advance a penny for any upfront expenses, including:
- Investigative costs
- Evidence collection
- Court and filing fees
- Consultations with experts
Our law firm is only compensated when you are, and you will not owe us anything unless we recover financial damages for you. By not incurring any upfront or out-of-pocket costs, you can also avoid a potentially costly delay in filing your lawsuit and eliminate the risk of an expired statute of limitations.
Call Our Construction Accident Lawyers Today
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will meet with you anywhere on Long Island or any of the five boroughs for a free case review and consultation regarding your construction accident.
We work on contingency, meaning that this consultation is free, and you do not pay us for your legal services unless and until you receive money for your claim. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Bengali, Greek, Tamil, Kannada, or whatever language you are most comfortable with. Call us for your case review.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form