A brain injury affects you and all those who love you. Your life changes; sometimes for only a brief period yet if the injury is severe, your life may never be the same. Our Baldwin brain injury lawyers are passionate advocates for the injured. We will take up the legal battle for just compensation on your behalf and work to win the settlement or verdict you deserve.
If you lost a loved one to a brain injury, please know you have our deepest sympathy. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is committed to fighting for your rights as a surviving family member to recover all your damages and see that justice is obtained for the wrongful death of your loved one.
In This Article
- Compensation for Your Brain Injury
- How Our Baldwin Brain Injury Lawyers Fight for You
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Is Here for You
Compensation for Your Brain Injury
The brain is considered the most important organ in our body. It’s what makes us human — it remembers hot afternoons on playgrounds, feels love for our family, and calculates the odds of winning a stuffed bear at the carnival. Compensation for a brain injury in Baldwin, New York depends on the severity of the injury, how the injury was sustained, the potential need for long-term care, and a host of other factors.
Our personal injury attorneys will advocate for you and your individual needs when fighting for your settlement or verdict. When doing so, we look at these damages that help you deal in the best way possible with an injured brain, including:
- Medical costs — Length of hospital stay(s) and the number of surgeries affect the cost, as does the type and amount of inpatient and outpatient rehab, and the length and type of care received after leaving the hospital. Add to these the costs of prescriptions, multiple therapists, equipment, devices, and modifications to your living space.
- Lost wages and earnings — Mild brain injuries can cause nausea, confusion, and memory problems. Severe injuries can affect your ability to speak or understand the words of others, walk, concentrate, etc. Each injury and its symptoms will be slightly different. If you’re unable to work for a period or unable to work at all due to a brain injury caused by someone’s negligence, this is compensatory damage.
- Non-economic damages — The pain and suffering you experience in the short- and long-term impact your daily life. Your brain injury can also significantly affect your ability to enjoy life and maintain the loving relationships you had before your injury. These are all compensatory damages our attorneys will fight for on your behalf.
- Funeral, burial, and memorial costs — If you lost your loved one to a brain injury, these costs are a sad reality.
Another Issue to Consider for Appropriate Compensation
It’s not unusual for the effects of brain injuries to linger. It’s important to factor into settlement negotiations the position of medical experts who maintain that treatment will provide no further help before our attorneys negotiate a final settlement.
For a free legal consultation with a Brain Injury lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
How Our Baldwin Brain Injury Lawyers Fight for You
Our brain injury attorneys are your legal warriors. It is our honor and passion to fight for you and your rights. As your lawyers, we take care of everything for you, so you have the peace to focus on your medical treatment and rebuilding your life.
When you choose to have us work to win the compensation you deserve, we will do the following:
- Keep you informed about your case. We know the frustration of feeling out of control and not knowing what’s going on. We always ensure you know what we know.
- Identify the party or parties liable for your injury. To do this, we consider how your injury occurred and determine:
- Who had a duty of care to act with reasonable caution to prevent others from being harmed, such as a driver who should follow the laws of the road or a property manager who must properly maintain equipment
- That person or persons breached their duty of care by driving recklessly through a red light or failing to safely secure a diving board
- The cause of your injury was due to the negligence of the person or persons who breached their duty of care
- You suffered a loss or losses due to the negligence
- Communicate on your behalf with everyone associated with your case, handling the day-to-day details so you can rest and recover
- Gather the evidence of your case by collecting reports from investigative agencies, interviewing witnesses, retrieving photographs and videos of the injury-causing incident and the events surrounding it, and compiling your medical history and current medical records
- Engage expert witnesses to support your claim, including medical experts, vocational and physical rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists
- Determine a value for your case by reviewing the economic losses associated with your injury and applying a dollar amount to the non-economic losses you’ve suffered, such as pain and suffering and loss of companionship
- File your claim and negotiate for a settlement or present your case to the judge and jury
The Cost to Engage Our Attorneys
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., an experienced member of our team of legal professionals will meet with you on Long Island or anywhere in the New York metropolitan area for a free initial consultation. During this meeting, you share your story — what happened, how it happened, how you feel, and what your future holds. We answer your questions and describe the next legal steps.
If you decide to move forward with our brain injury attorneys, you will pay no attorneys’ fees until we win an appropriate settlement or judgment for you. We work on a contingency-fee-basis because we want to relieve you of the stress that comes with extra financial burdens.
For your convenience, our staff provides a multilingual experience of your choice: English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Baldwin Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Is Here for You
Our brain injury attorneys are passionate advocates for the injured. We stand ready to fight for the justice you deserve and the compensation you need. Call our office today to get started on your Nassau County Case.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form