When you sustain injuries in a slip and fall accident in Baldwin, New York, you are eligible to seek compensation for your injuries and related damages from the party whose negligence caused your accident.
Your injuries will cost you in many ways—from the cash for medical expenses to the decreased income due to missed time from work, and many other losses you probably have yet to consider.
A Baldwin slip and fall accident & injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P can fight for your right to compensation, whether through an insurance settlement or a jury verdict. Call us today at (516) 932-0400 for a free case review and consultation.
In This Article
- How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
- How Negligence Factors Into Your Case
- Your Slip and Fall Case Is in Good Hands
- Investigating the Cause of Your Accident, as Well as the Damages
- Proving Fault and Establishing Negligence and Liability
- Calculating the Damages to Which You Are Entitled
- We Will Fight for Fair Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Accident
How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Spilled liquids/slippery surfaces
- Water or melted snow/ice tracked into a building’s entryway from outside
- Cords, cables, or wires stretched across a pathway
- Clutter or debris in walkways
- Greasy floors
- Insufficient lighting
- Broken or missing handrails or steps
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks
- Icy steps or sidewalks
- Slippery or uneven stairs
- Loose rugs, mats, floorboards
We handle all slip and fall accidents, regardless of what type of negligence caused them. Call us today at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
How Negligence Factors Into Your Case
To have your case considered as a legitimate personal injury, you have to do more than just say that you slipped or tripped and fell on someone else’s property. Personal injury law requires that the plaintiff in a personal injury case establish four key elements:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to keep you from harm or injury.
- The other party breached this duty of care.
- This breach caused the accident that resulted in your injury.
- You suffered actual damages (physical, emotional, economic).
Our slip and fall lawyer will establish the above statements using the knowledge we have gained from over 25 years of serving as advocates for the injured people of Long Island.
Baldwin Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Slip and Fall Case Is in Good Hands
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has represented the interests of people who have been injured in accidents on Long Island and elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
People come to us for help because we tailor our legal services to match clients’ individual needs. Furthermore, we handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on the most important task: recovering from your injury.
When you hire a Baldwin slip and fall accident & injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we commit to:
- Proactively update you on every benchmark, milestone, challenge, solution, and decision regarding your case
- Communicate with all parties related to your case, from witnesses to insurance companies, lawyers, courts, and jurors
- Investigate your case and gather evidence that will solidify your right to compensation, as well as the amount to which you are entitled
- Identify the at-fault party or parties for your accident and establish their liability
Click to contact our Baldwin Personal Injury Lawyers today
Investigating the Cause of Your Accident, as Well as the Damages
When our legal team embarks on its investigation of your accident, they will do so with the intent of gathering all the evidence that shows how the accident happened, using that information to determine who was at fault, and then understanding the losses you have suffered and will suffer as a result of your injuries.
Toward this end, we will:
- Examine the scene of your slip and fall accident
- Talk to witnesses
- Review photos and videos
- Obtain a copy of the facility or police accident report
- Gather all the medical records related to your injury
- Get copies of your income statements from your employer
We will also, subject to the unique circumstances of your case, work with respected professionals in the fields of medicine, economics, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning to determine the ongoing and future costs you will take on as a result of your slip and fall injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Proving Fault and Establishing Negligence and Liability
As a result of their investigation, our lawyers will identify the at-fault party and proceed to meet the criteria required by personal injury law to establish negligence and liability:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached this duty of care
- This breach caused your accident
- You suffered damages as a result of the accident
Calculating the Damages to Which You Are Entitled
Slip and fall injuries can range from mild to severe, with the most serious injuries introducing expenses and other losses for indefinite durations into the future. Our legal team will itemize all the damages to which you are entitled, based on evidence gathered in our investigation.
Some types of damages you might see in the demand letter we send to the defendant’s insurer include:
- Medical treatment and expenses
- Prescription medicines
- Lost wages and benefits
- Replacement services
- Physical rehabilitation/therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one due to injuries they sustained in a slip and fall accident, we know this is a very difficult time for you, and you may not want to think about things like receiving compensation. Given that expenses connected to your loved one’s passing may soon find their way to you, as will other losses that you might not have anticipated, we are ready to alleviate you of this stress and financial burden.
You are entitled to file a wrongful death action to recover these damages. Our Baldwin wrongful death attorney can handle this action for you in a compassionate and dignified manner, allowing you to devote your time and attention to the personal matter of grieving and moving on with your life.
We Will Fight for Fair Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Accident
A Baldwin slip and fall accident & injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can go over the details of your case with you and explain your options for pursuing compensation from the liable party.
Remember, we take no money unless and until your claim for compensation succeeds.
Call us today for a free case review and consultation so that the statute of limitations and other applicable claim and litigation deadlines do not have any negative impact on your rights to a money recovery for the harm you have suffered: (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form