Bicyclists in New York state must follow the same rules of the road as motorists, according to the New York Department of Transportation. However, drivers are expected to share the road with bicyclists and take reasonable measures to avoid a collision.
If you or a family member were injured in a bicycle accident, a personal injury lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
You have a limited time to seek legal action under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. The sooner you call, the sooner you may recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will gladly meet with you at the hospital or your home on Long Island or in the metropolitan New York area. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
- Why You Should Call a Baldwin Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- How We Prove Liability to Pursue Damages
- We Use a Fact-Based Approach to Build a Strong Case
- Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Help You Recover Damages
- We Have Been a Passionate Legal Advocate for the Injured Since 1991
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Protect Your Rights
Why You Should Call a Baldwin Bicycle Accident Lawyer
A bicycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate the cause of your accident and seek financial recovery from those accountable. Our firm has successfully recovered compensation for other injured bicyclists. We promise to provide you with:
- Free case review at the hospital or your home in the greater New York metro area and on Long Island.
- Comprehensive resources and staff to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
- Protection of your legal rights.
- Contingency fee-based legal services (you do not owe attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation for you).
- A caring and supportive legal team that is fluent in several languages: English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
You have one chance to seek recovery for damages caused by a negligent driver. Please call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation today: (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
How We Prove Liability to Pursue Damages
New York liability laws require that an injured bicyclist must prove that the at-fault party breached his or her duty of care to avoid causing harm. If that is what caused your Baldwin bicycle accident, you are entitled to seek compensation. We will do the work of presenting the case that seeks to establish that on your behalf. Proving negligence can be a complex process. However, we have had successful experience doing it for other bicyclists and it would be our privilege to provide aggressive representation seeking to establish the strongest possible case for you.
A bicycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will show liability based upon certain conditions, including:
- The driver had a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The driver breached this duty of care by either acting recklessly or not taking necessary action to avoid the accident.
- This breach caused the bicycle accident and your injuries.
- You now have financial damages from these injuries.
A Baldwin bicycle accident lawyer will use evidence to prove liability. We have the resources and staff to uncover the necessary evidence.
The Cause of Most Bicycle Accidents
Negligence is usually the cause of most bicycle accidents, injuries, and loss of life. Negligent behavior comes in many forms, such as:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Illegal lane changes, illegal turns, and other reckless driving
- Insufficient traffic control
- “Dooring”, i.e., opening a door on the side of traffic into an oncoming bicyclist
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will help you seek compensation from all liable parties, including a municipality that does not supply safe roadways or bike lanes.
Baldwin Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Use a Fact-Based Approach to Build a Strong Case
An insurance adjuster will want to see a direct link between the defendant’s negligent behavior and your injuries. This is also critical if we take your case to trial. An attorney with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. might use the following to build a compelling case:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photos or videos of the accident, debris, skid marks, and your damaged bicycle
- Expert testimony from medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, economists, and life care planners
- Red light or other closed-circuit videos if available
- In-depth explanation from your medical provider on the extent of your injuries and your expected prognosis
Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Help You Recover Damages
Depending on your injuries, a bicycle accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek damages for such losses as:
- Medical care
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage (such as car repair, replacement, and personal items)
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Because bicyclists may suffer extensive injuries that could leave them disabled, we also pursue damages such as:
- Ongoing medical care (at home or in a skilled nursing facility)
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost income, benefits, and annuities
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one to a bicycle accident, you may be suffering financially from their loss. We understand no amount of money can bring back those we love and offer our sympathies, but we are also mindful that a wrongful death award can help your situation. We believe that a negligent motorist should be held accountable for your injuries and damages. A Baldwin bicycle accident lawyer will work diligently to help you recover the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. For a free consultation, call (516) 932-0400.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Have Been a Passionate Legal Advocate for the Injured Since 1991
As a valued client of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are committed to exceptional client service.
We Keep You Updated
You will never be in the dark about your case. All phone calls and emails are promptly answered.
We Identify All Liable Parties
Our bicycle accident lawyers name the parties who are responsible for your injuries and damages.
We Communicate With All Liable Parties
We take care of all communication on your behalf.
We Collect Evidence of Liability
Our legal team uses applicable reliable documentation such as police accident reports, testimony from fact and expert witnesses, as indicated, and other evidence, such as photos or video, to support your claim.
We Establish a Value for Your Damages
We assess the correct value for your damages.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Protect Your Rights
A bicycle accident lawyer will protect your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.