A car accident could leave you with injuries, time away from work, and unanticipated expenses for various items, such as medical treatment and auto repair. If you or a loved one is struggling to keep up with the repercussions of a car accident, you might be entitled to file a personal injury claim.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., a team member can review your case and explain your legal options for receiving compensation to cover the losses you have experienced and could suffer down the road. If you live in Baldwin, New York, we can assign you a personal injury lawyer from our team to work on your case.
- Our Law Firm Has Won Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Car Accident Victims
- Our Auto Accident Attorneys Keep You Updated On Your Case in Baldwin, NY
- We Can Get to Work Identifying the At-Fault Party and Establish Liability
- Our Car Accident Lawyers Investigate Your Case and Gather Evidence
- Our Baldwin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Determine the Value of Your Case
- What Should I Do After Suffering a Car Accident in Baldwin?
- Our Lawyers Handle Several Types of Car Accident Cases in Baldwin, New York
- Let Us Start Working on Your Car Accident Case Before Time Runs Out
Our Law Firm Has Won Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Car Accident Victims
Since 1991, our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has offered tailored legal services to help car accident victims in New York recover compensation for their injuries and other losses.
Our personal injury lawyers have a record of winning settlements and verdicts for our clients, including those who have been injured in car accidents, including:
- $4.1 million for a woman who suffered a spinal cord injury in a rollover accident
- $4 million for multiple victims in a rollover accident
- $2,200,000 for a bicyclist struck by a van and suffered a head injury as a result
- $2,100,000 for a boat-yard worker who, while crossing a street, was struck by a motor vehicle and suffered a traumatic brain injury
Our team is dedicated to fighting for the compensation that appropriately reflects the damages you have experienced in your car accident. Though every accident claim is different in value, you can take comfort in knowing that we will keep you advised on all significant aspects of your case as we work toward winning the best possible result for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
Our Auto Accident Attorneys Keep You Updated On Your Case in Baldwin, NY
Our staff welcomes your calls, emails, and texts. If you have information, concerns, or questions, we want to hear them. We happily take your calls and return messages promptly, so you can rest assured that we are working as a team to resolve your case.
As we build your car accident claim, we will always relay messages about significant developments in your case. If obstacles come up, we will also discuss potential strategies we might engage in to resolve issues in your case.
Other updates we will provide, should they come up, include:
- Dates for court appearances
- Opportunities to negotiate a settlement
- Settlement offers we receive on your behalf
- New information we discover as we investigate your case
- Whether there is conflicting information from other sources
- Whether the legal deadline to submit your case is approaching
Our car accident team also speaks other languages besides English. If you prefer to speak in Spanish, Bengali, Greek, Tamil, or Kannada, we have staff members who will assist you. Your Baldwin personal injury lawyer wants to support you in every way possible.
Baldwin Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Can Get to Work Identifying the At-Fault Party and Establish Liability
Attempts to recover compensation after a car accident falls under the realm of personal injury law. Under this branch of law, we must establish negligence to collect damages from the at-fault or liable party.
Toward this end, our car accident attorneys can work to collect evidence that establishes the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: We must establish that the defendant had a duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent you from suffering an injury.
- Breach of duty: Next, your accident attorney in Baldwin must show that the defendant breached their duty of care.
- Causation: Once we establish how the defendant breached their duty of care, we must establish the direct correlation between the breach and the car accident.
- Damages: Once we show how the defendant’s actions or inactions caused the accident, we must then establish that you sustained physical, emotional, and economic injuries due to the car accident.
By establishing the above arguments, our car accident lawyers can build a compelling case.
When a Car Accident Case Involves Multiple Liable Parties
If your car accident case involves more than one liable party, we will take additional legal action against those other parties in addition to the at-fault party.
A common example of more than one liable party involved in a case is when the at-fault party is working at the time of the accident, such as a taxi driver. Their employer, the taxi company, could be held vicariously liable for their actions, which would enable you to take action against them.
Other types of liable parties in your Baldwin car accident case may comprise:
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer
- A maintenance worker or company
- A municipality
- A construction company
- A third-party driver who also contributed to the cause of the accident
Our lawyers can identify each liable party in your case and pursue damages accordingly.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Investigate Your Case and Gather Evidence
Our legal team knows that a case is only as strong as the evidence that supports it. We will extract the details, documentation, and testimony that will help show insurers, lawyers, and jurors the validity of your case.
Supporting evidence in your Baldwin car accident case could include:
- The official police accident report
- Your medical records
- Your wage statements
- The scene of the accident
- Expert statements from medical, economic, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning professionals
- Photos and videos
- Witness statements
A car accident lawyer from our team will structure your case argument around the evidence we find. We will then negotiate to win the best possible settlement for you or, depending upon the unique facts of your case, present that evidence along with compelling arguments on your behalf, to the court with jurisdiction over your Baldwin car accident case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Baldwin Personal Injury Lawyers Can Determine the Value of Your Case
There is significant risk in working directly, that is, without the benefit of experienced, dedicated car accident lawyers advocating on your behalf with insurance companies to receive compensation for your injuries, which often results in leaving money on the table. Many plaintiffs are unaware of the value of their case because they might not be aware of all the damages that entitle them to compensation, so they risk undervaluing how much compensation to demand.
Plese take note: Insurance carriers for at-fault parties often reach out directly to accident injury victims who are not represented by an attorney and make a lowball offer of quick money, hoping this will entice an injured and highly stressed person to accept far less than the true value of their claim.
In addition to hiring an experienced and dedicated car accident lawyer we suggest that you do not speak with the at-fault party’s insurer or attorneys. They can truly be, “wolves in sheeps’ clothing”, pretending to care about you when all they care about is getting your claim off their books for as close to a zero payout as they can. Please, call us and let us handle it for you.
Our team knows how to calculate the damages you need to recover from the defendant to get your life as close to its pre-accident state as possible. Although every case is different, you might be able to recover the following types of damages in your car accident:
- Current medical expenses
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Property damage costs, such as to repair or replace your vehicle
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Out-of-pocket expenses such as home care or childcare if your injuries prevent you from fulfilling these tasks
Other damages not listed here might also be part of your compensation total. Your car accident lawyers in Baldwin can evaluate your losses and seek what you need.
Additional Damages Are Available if You Lost a Loved One in a Baldwin Accident
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, please know that we are sorry for your loss. As painful as it might be to think about legal matters at this time, you might need to consider the economic impact this death will have on you and your family.
We want to help you collect compensation for your and your family’s recovery. So, we will account for other types of damages, such as:
- Costs to arrange your loved one’s funeral
- Loss of financial contribution to the family that your loved one provided
- Emotional losses related to the love and affection your loved one provided to the family
- Loss of consortium (These are the special types of loss, recognized by law, that a person experiences when their spouse is either injured or is a car accident wrongful death victim).
Our wrongful death attorneys will help you understand your legal rights to receive compensation in such a scenario.
What Should I Do After Suffering a Car Accident in Baldwin?
Following a motor vehicle accident, our attorneys suggest the following measures:
Follow Through With Medical Care
It’s vital that you seek medical care following your collision. Doing so does more than promote your physical recovery; it also bolsters your injury case’s outcome. Attending physical therapy, taking certain medications, and taking time off work if you are disabled shows the insurer that you have not made a full recovery and documents the seriousness and severity of your injuries
Let Your Car Accident Lawyer Manage All Insurance-Related Matters
The insurance company has its eye on you. It hopes anything you do, say, or post online could discredit your case. That way, it can get away with offering less than you’re owed. Let your auto accident attorney serving Baldwin manage all dealings with the insurer. This way, we can prevent any missteps that could jeopardize your case.
Consider Your Legal Options
You don’t have to struggle with the financial recovery process following a serious car accident. Instead, you can entrust your case to our injury team. We’re committed to doing everything possible to guide your case to a fair conclusion.
Our Lawyers Handle Several Types of Car Accident Cases in Baldwin, New York
Any type or combination of driving behaviors could trigger a car accident. Our car accident lawyers accept all car accident case types, including those caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Driving too fast
- Poor road conditions
- Debris on the road
- Reckless driving
- Incorrect turns
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road construction
- Failure to adhere to traffic laws
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Texting-while-driving accidents
The lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. wants to represent you in your quest for compensation.
Let Us Start Working on Your Car Accident Case Before Time Runs Out
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 gives you only a certain time from the date of your car accident to take legal action. Shorter time limitations may apply to your case. Our legal team will stay on top of all deadlines to ensure you do not miss out on any opportunities for the compensation you deserve.
Considerations such as obtaining witness statements and dashcam and surveillance video as soon as possible are also important reasons to consult with an experienced Baldwin car accident lawyer promptly.
For the reasons stated above, from statute of limitations concerns to obtaining evidence while memories are fresh and before video may be deleted, the sooner you contact us, the greater our ability to build the strongest case possible for you.
A car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will be able to serve you in Baldwin. Remember, we do not charge attorney’s fees unless your claim for compensation succeeds, so you do not have to worry about affording our legal services. Call us for a free case review and consultation.