A car accident could leave you with injuries, time away from work, and unanticipated expenses for items, such as medical treatment and auto repair. If you or a loved one is struggling to keep up with the repercussions of a car accident that also injured you, you might be entitled to file a personal injury claim about the accident.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., a team member will review your case and explain your legal options for receiving compensation to cover the losses you have experienced and could suffer down the road. If you live in Baldwin, New York, we will assign you a car accident lawyer from our team to work on your case.
In This Article
- Our Law Firm Has Won Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Car Accident Victims
- Our Team Will Keep You Updated On Your Case
- We Will Get to Work to Identify the at-Fault Party and Establish Liability
- Our Team Will Investigate Your Case and Gather Evidence
- Our Team Will Determine the Value of Your Case
- We Handle Several Types of Car Accident Cases in Baldwin, New York
- Let Us Start Working on Your Case Before Time Runs Out
Our Law Firm Has Won Multimillion-Dollar Settlements for Car Accident Victims
Since 1991, our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has offered tailored legal services to help car accident victims in New York recover compensation for their injuries and other losses caused by their accidents.
We have a record of winning settlements and verdicts for our clients, with some of our highest case results for car accidents, including:
- $4.1 million for a woman who suffered a spinal cord injury in a rollover accident
- $4 million for multiple victims in a rollover accident
- $2,200,000 for a Bicyclist struck by a van and suffered a head injury as a result
- $2,100,000 forA boat-yard worker who, while crossing a street, was struck by a motor vehicle and suffered a traumatic brain injury.
- Our team is dedicated to fighting for the compensation that appropriately reflects the damages you have experienced in your car accident. Though every accident claim is different in value, we will remain transparent throughout the process and keep you advised of all significant aspects of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Baldwin, call 516-932-0400
Our Team Will Keep You Updated On Your Case
Our staff welcomes your calls, emails, and texts. If you have information, concerns, or questions, we want to hear them. We happily take your calls and return messages promptly, so you can rest assured that we are working as a team to resolve your case.
As we build your case, we will also relay messages about new developments in your case. If obstacles come up, we will also discuss potential strategies we might engage in to resolve issues in your case.
Other updates we will provide, should they come up, include:
- Dates for court appearances
- Opportunities to negotiate a settlement
- Settlement offers you receive
- New information we discover as we investigate your case
- Whether there is conflicting information from other sources
- Whether the legal deadline to submit your case is approaching
Our staff also speaks other languages besides English. If you prefer to speak in Spanish, Bengali, Greek, Tamil, or Kannada, we have staff members who will assist you.
Baldwin Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Will Get to Work to Identify the at-Fault Party and Establish Liability
Attempts to recover compensation after a car accident falls under the realm of personal injury law. Under this branch of law, we must establish negligence to collect damages from the at-fault or liable party.
Toward this end, our legal team will work to collect evidence that establishes the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: We must establish that the defendant had a duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent you from suffering an injury.
- Breach of duty: Next, we must show that the defendant breached their duty of care.
- Causation: Once we establish how the defendant breached their duty of care, we must establish the direct correlation between the breach and the car accident.
- Damages: Once we show how the defendant’s actions or inactions caused the accident, we must then establish that you sustained physical, emotional, and economic injuries due to the car accident.
By establishing the above arguments, we will build a compelling case of personal injury.
When a Case Involves Multiple Liable Parties
If your car accident case involves more than one liable party, we will discuss whether it is viable or prudent to pursue the additional legal action against other parties besides the at-fault party.
A common example of more than one liable party involved in a case is when the at-fault party is working at the time of the accident, such as a taxi driver. Their employer, the taxi company, could be held vicariously liable for their actions, which would enable you to take action against them.
Other types of liable parties include:
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer
- A maintenance worker or company
- A municipality
- A construction company
- A third-party driver who also contributed to the cause of the accident
Our Team Will Investigate Your Case and Gather Evidence
Our legal team knows that a case is only as strong as the evidence that supports it. We will extract the details, documentation, and testimony that will help show insurers, lawyers, and jurors the validity of your case.
Supporting evidence could include:
- The official police accident report
- Your medical records
- Your wage statements
- The scene of the accident
- Expert statements from medical, economic, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning professionals
- Photos and videos
- Witness statements
A car accident lawyer from our team will structure your case argument around the evidence we find. We will then negotiate to win the best possible settlement for you or, depending upon the unique facts of your case, present that evidence along with compelling arguments on your behalf, to the court with jurisdiction over your Baldwin car accident case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Will Determine the Value of Your Case
There is significant risk in working directly, that is, without the benefit of experienced, dedicated car accident lawyers advocating on your with insurance companies to receive compensation for your injuries, which often results in leaving money on the table. Many plaintiffs are unaware of the value of their case because they might not be aware of all the damages that entitle them to compensation, so they risk undervaluing how much compensation to demand.
Our team knows how to calculate the damages you need to recover from the defendant to get your life as close to its pre-accident state as possible. Although every case is different, you might be able to recover the following types of damages in your car accident:
- Current medical expenses
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Property damage costs, such as to repair or replace your vehicle
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Out-of-pocket expenses such as home care or childcare if your injuries prevent you from fulfilling these tasks
Other damages not listed here might also be part of your compensation total.
Additional Damages Are Available if You Lost a Loved One in the Accident
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, please know that we are sorry for your loss. As painful as it might be to think about legal matters at this time, you might need to consider the economic impact this death will have on you and your family.
We want to help you collect compensation for you and your family’s recovery. So, we will account for other types of damages, such as:
- Costs to arrange your loved one’s funeral
- Loss of financial contribution to the family that your loved one provided
- Emotional losses related to the love and affection your loved one provided to the family
- Loss of consortium
Our wrongful death attorneys will help you understand your legal rights to receive compensation in such a scenario.
We Handle Several Types of Car Accident Cases in Baldwin, New York
Any type or combination of driving behaviors could trigger a car accident. Our car accident lawyers accept all car accident case types, including those caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Driving too fast
- Poor road conditions
- Debris on the road
- Reckless driving
- Incorrect turns
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failure to yield right of way
- Road construction
- Failure to adhere to traffic laws
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Texting while driving accidents
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., wants to represent you in your quest for compensation.
Let Us Start Working on Your Case Before Time Runs Out
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 gives you only a certain time from the date of your car accident to take legal action. Our legal team will stay on top of this and other deadlines to ensure you do not miss out on any opportunities for the compensation you deserve.
A car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will be able to serve you in Baldwin. Remember, we do not charge attorney’s fees unless your claim for compensation succeeds, so you do not have to worry about affording our legal services. Call us at (516) 932-0400 for a free case review and consultation.