If you or a loved one was injured in an automobile accident in Babylon, New York, you might be entitled to collect compensation from the at-fault driver or another liable party, such as the driver’s employer. Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will help you ascertain who might be liable for your damages and take civil action against them.
We offer free case evaluations to help you understand your legal options and learn how we will assist you. Once you agree to work with us, one of our car accident lawyers serving clients in Babylon will start on your case.
Work with a Legal Team That has Racked Up More Than $250 Million in Case Rewards
Our attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., have been serving clients for more than 25 years, winning over $250 million in settlement and verdict awards. Our legal background in personal injury law allows us to review your case with a scrutinizing eye, as we anticipate potential arguments the opposing side might make.
Still, our team works hard to build strong cases, and we have the case results to prove it. Here are some examples of case awards we’ve won for past clients:
- $4,100,000 for a preschool care center driver who suffered injuries in a rollover accident
- $4,000,000 for a group of workers who were injured in a rollover accident while heading toward their job
- $1,000,000 for a construction van driver who suffered a head injury in a side-impact collision with another car
- $1,000,000 for a van driver who suffered a back injury after being struck by a truck
We Calculate How Much Compensation to Fight for Based on Your Damages
Now that you know how much compensation we’ve won for just a few of our previous clients, you may be wondering about how much your case is worth? To reach this answer, we will have to review your damages and calculate their worth.
We will begin by calculating your financial damages and how the car accident physically and emotionally impacted you.
Calculating Economic and Non-Economic Damages
With car accident cases, damages are divided up into two categories: economic and non-economic damages. Essentially, this divides your financial losses from more general losses, which might not have a monetary value attached to them.
We will use different financial documents to calculate the value of your economic damages first, from bill statements to tax documents. These damages might include:
- Medical care expenses, such as for surgeries and doctor’s appointments
- Property damage expenses, such as for vehicle repairs or replacement if it was totaled
- Current and expected income loss
- Reduced earning potential
Regarding non-economic damages, we will find all available relevant evidence that proves their validity, including photos and video footage, witness testimony, and journal accounts. These damages include:
- Your pain and suffering
- Permanent disabilities you suffered, including vision or hearing loss
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Physical disfigurement, including scarring or burn marks
Other damages in both of these categories may apply to your case, which we will point out once we evaluate your accident and its repercussions.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, we extend to you our sincere condolences. In cases involving a fatality, you might also be entitled to receive additional damages. Our team will discuss what this means and help calculate these costs for you, which might involve factoring:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of financial income from your loved one
- Emotional losses related to their passing
We want to remain sensitive to you and your grieving family during this difficult time. Managing a case while dealing with loss can be overwhelming, so allow us to take on these tasks for you while you and your family grieve privately.
We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of car accident wrongful death victims. We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Knowing Who Could Be Liable for Your Damages is a Key Part of Building Your Case
Calculating compensation is an important step to building your case and establishing who is liable for paying it. Car accidents can be straightforward when they involve only two parties, but sometimes other parties are involved even if they were not physically present at the scene.
For example, other potentially liable parties in car accidents include:
- A driver’s employer, if they were working at the time of the accident
- The at-fault vehicle’s manufacturer, if a defect led to the accident
- The maintenance worker who last worked on the at-fault vehicle, if their work caused the vehicle to malfunction or if they should have noticed a vehicle error to prevent it from malfunctioning
- A municipality that governs the road conditions where the accident occurred
- A third party involved in the accident, such as a third driver
Our team will identify who is liable for your accident and advise whether you should make a claim or take civil court action against more than one party.
Other Services We Offer When Building Your Case
We’ve described two of our main legal services, but our assistance does not end there. Other legal services we provide once you become our client include:
- Keeping you updated on the progress of your case
- Communicating with other parties on your behalf, including adverse parties such as the insurance company and defense lawyers for the at-fault party
- Investigating your car accident to discover more information or evidence to include in your case
- Interviewing expert witnesses if they have information to support your case, such as medical experts and economists
You are also free to consult your lawyer about your Babylon car accident whenever you want guidance on a legal decision related to the case, want some question answered or something confusing clarified.
We will Keep Track of Your Case’s Filing Deadline for You
Your car accident case has a legal deadline, which is set by one of the following statutes:
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 for personal injury cases
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 for wrongful death cases
Other factors may affect your filing deadline, which we will inform you about should that be the case. In addition to these Statutes of Limitation, claims and lawsuits are governed by numerous time restrictions. As just one of many examples, an application for No-Fault Benefits, the insurance that will pay for the initial medical expenses and lost earnings caused by the accident, must be filed within thirty days of the accident.
In addition to the statute of limitation and other deadlines, there are also practical considerations that make taking prompt action an important aspect of properly prosecuting a claim or lawsuit. For example, finding and interviewing witnesses and tracking down video, whether from dash-cams or surveillance cameras, are steps that should be taken quickly as such evidence can become unavailable for a variety of reasons.
Get a Free Case Review When You Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we want to help car accident victims like you get the justice they deserve. Rather than risk getting less compensation than you need (or not getting any compensation at all), work with our legal team to help you build a strong case. One of our car accident lawyers serving Babylon will argue for you and showcase why you deserve compensation.
Call (516) 932-0400 today to get a free consultation from the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team.