At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our attorneys are not afraid to take on complex cases, even when they involve ridesharing companies. If a negligent Uber or Lyft driver caused your accident in Babylon, New York, a lawyer from our team will represent you and handle your compensation case. If a reckless rideshare driver’s actions led to the death of your loved one, we offer our condolences and our legal services to you.
Whether you or your loved one was a passenger in the rideshare vehicle or behind the wheel, we understand how to navigate these cases. Our team in Suffolk County is ready to help you hold the driver accountable.
In This Article
- What our Accident Lawyers will do for You
- What Sets our Law Firm Apart
- Discuss Your Uber or Lyft Accident Case with us for Free
What our Accident Lawyers will do for You
Our team is here to address all of your legal needs, from filling out claims paperwork and negotiating with insurers to filing a lawsuit against the liable parties and preparing your case for court. Explore some of our services below.
Identifying the Liable Party or Parties to Name in Your Case
Among our top priorities once we take on a rideshare accident case is to identify who is liable.. The nature of a ridesharing accident is that multiple parties are often involved, such as:
- The at-fault driver
- Rideshare passengers
- The rideshare company
- Other drivers involved in the collision
Even if we have proof that the rideshare driver is at fault, we will need to determine if their (or the rideshare company’s) insurance policy should be the one obligated to provide coverage for the subject accident. This can be difficult, as neither may want to take responsibility for the collision and damages.
According to insurance information from Uber and Lyft, both companies generally outline coverage for their drivers as follows:
- When the rideshare app is off, drivers must rely on their personal insurance policies.
- If the driver is logged into the app and waiting for a ride request, the rideshare company’s third-party liability policy, personal injury protection (PIP), and uninsured motorist coverage take effect.
- When the driver accepts a ride request or has passengers, both rideshare companies provide up to $1.25 million in third-party liability coverage.
Communicating on Your Behalf with Other Parties
Beyond identifying who to hold responsible for your damages, our firm will also represent you in all communications throughout this process. Having so many parties involved in your case only provides more opportunities to jeopardize your financial recovery. We typically advise our clients not to communicate with anyone about their accident or injuries aside from their doctors and our team.
This includes not making posts about the collision on social media or participating in interviews with the insurance company. If the liable party or their representative contacts you, we encourage you to direct them to us. All too often, insurers use statements and social media posts against claimants to reduce or deny the value of their claims. We aim to protect you from this as we guide your case.
Gathering Evidence to Prove Negligence and Liability
Our team will look for evidence to show who caused or contributed to the collision during our investigation of your case. We will also look into what stage of the rideshare process the driver was in at the time to pinpoint liability.
Examples of evidence that could support your case include:
- The police accident report from law enforcement
- Data from the driver’s rideshare app
- Eyewitness accounts from bystanders, other drivers, and even passengers from the rideshare vehicle
- Footage from surveillance, dash-cam traffic cameras
- Accident reconstruction
- Damage to the involved vehicles
As we analyze the evidence and build your case, we will also consult with specialists when necessary to further understand the collision and your damages. We’ve worked extensively with economists, medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and life care planners in past cases.
Note that all of this will take time, and statutes like New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 limit how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit after a collision.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
Many car accidents result in injuries that require some amount of medical treatment. Depending on the level of severity, your injuries could keep you out of work temporarily or permanently as you seek treatment and recovery.
Expenses and losses like these are often recoverable after an Uber or Lyft collision. When possible, we will also account for your vehicle damage and any pain and suffering you experienced in our damage calculations.
Our team understands the different types of compensation available in car accident cases and how much they are generally worth under New York law. We will make sure not to leave any recoverable damages out and work tirelessly to win the best possible case outcome for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident lawyer serving Babylon, call 516-932-0400
What Sets our Law Firm Apart
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we don’t just take care of our clients’ cases. Our team’s goal is to make seeking compensation as stress-free as possible, so you can get on with your life.
We begin by offering a completely free consultation for potential clients, during which you can ask any questions about:
- Your Uber or Lyft ridesharing accident case
- Seeking legal compensation in Suffolk County
- The services our attorneys perform
From there, we also offer:
- Assistance from our multilingual team: If your preferred language is Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada, let us know during your case review.
- Flexible meeting locations: Injuries and other factors after a collision can make it difficult to get around and make time for meetings. Instead of having you come into our office, our team is happy to accommodate your needs by meeting with you in Babylon, another convenient location on Long Island, or elsewhere in the metropolitan area.
- No-risk legal representation: Our attorneys work for contingency fees. This means you won’t owe us a cent for our legal fee unless we win compensation for you. We are happy to discuss this client-friendly fee structure before you hire us, so you’ll know how it works and what to expect.
Our previous clients have called us “highly trustworthy” and praised our “humane, thoughtful approach” to handling their cases. We aim to offer the same level of service to you.
Babylon Uber and Lyft Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Discuss Your Uber or Lyft Accident Case with us for Free
There is no time to waste if you are looking to recover compensation after an Uber or Lyft ridesharing accident in Babylon.
Get in touch with our office and tell us about your case during a complimentary case evaluation today. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form