If you or a loved one suffered injuries as the result of another party’s negligent actions in Babylon, New York, you are entitled to seek compensation.
One of our personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will review the facts of your case, determine liability, and file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
In This Article
- Types of Personal Injury Cases our Firm Handles in Babylon, NY
- What our Team will do for You
- Call a Team Member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
Types of Personal Injury Cases our Firm Handles in Babylon, NY
If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, we want you to be able to hold the liable party legally responsible. Our firm handles all types of personal injury cases that take place in or involved residents of Babylon, and a lawyer from our team will handle yours from start to finish. The types of cases we handle include:
- Motor vehicle accidents – If you were injured in a car, truck, motorcycle, bus, bicycle versus motor vehicle, or pedestrian accident that was not your fault, you could be eligible for compensation for your injuries and other crash-related losses.
- Slip and falls – If your accident happened on someone else’s property, such as a retail store, restaurant, or private residence, you could be entitled to damages due to the owner or manager’s negligent or reckless actions.
If you or a loved one experienced a slip or trip and fall due to water or other substance left on the floor or icy conditions not cleaned up, for example, we will work to prove the owner knew or, had they exercised reasonable care, should have known, about the potential hazard but did not take appropriate action to repair it.
- Dog bites – A dog bite could leave you traumatized and in need of ongoing medical treatment. If someone’s dog injured you and they knew the dog was vicious or attacked before, we will hold the dog owner legally accountable.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect – If you or a loved one was the victim of abuse or neglect at the hands of a nursing home, you could be entitled to damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Abuse or neglect in a nursing home is unacceptable and can cause physical and financial trauma to the resident and their family. Our firm will file a claim or lawsuit and hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
Despite how your injuries occurred, a lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. who handles personal injury cases in Babylon will investigate your case, identify the liable party, and hold them to account. You do not have to come to us if you are unable. We will meet our clients in Suffolk County or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Of course, if you lost a loved one in an accident or incident, we offer our deepest condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of personal injury wrongful death victims.
We are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. We will gladly provide a patient, compassionate and comprehensive consultation so that you can fully understand your legal options. If your case is a “wrongful death” we can file the proper paperwork with the courts in accordance with Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1. to win the recovery you are entitled to.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Babylon, call 516-932-0400
What our Team will do for You
You can build your case by hiring an attorney at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent you. In your personal injury case, we will take care of every step so you can focus on your recovery. Our team will do the following for you:
- Keep you updated on your case – You will never be left in the dark. We will keep you updated regarding any developments or progress in your case.
- Identify all liable parties – Assessing your case and determining the liable party is sometimes a complex process. A lawyer from our firm in Suffolk County will identify all liable parties and name them in an injury claim or lawsuit.
- Handle all communications – Our team will handle all negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company, so you do not have to. The insurance adjuster’s goal is to get you to settle for a minimal payout. Let us handle the insurance company to help you get the compensation you need and deserve.
- Collect evidence – Our team will gather evidence to support your case, including the police report, your medical records, eyewitness statements, any pictures or surveillance video of the accident scene, and your subsequent injuries.
- Determine a value for your case – Our team will calculate a value for all of your damages. This includes everything from medical bills, wages lost from missed days at work, property damage, and pain and suffering.
- Fight tirelessly to win the best possible case outcome for you.
Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Case
You could recover the following types of damages as part of your personal injury case:
- Current and future medical expenses – Such as hospitalization, surgeries, assistive medical devices, prescription medications, and rehabilitation if ongoing care is needed
- Lost income and future earning capacity – Including the time you missed from work to attend doctor’s appointments, days spent in recovery, and bonuses or promotions you did not receive due to your inability to work
- Pain and suffering – Reflecting any chronic pain due to your injuries that prevents you from performing daily tasks you once did (such as cooking, laundry, or picking your children up from school) as well as the deep emotional pain this traumatic event has inflicted upon you
- Property damage – Including any damage to your personal property caused by the accident
It can be a good idea to keep a journal of your daily life and details of how the accident took a toll on you physically and financially. Our team will assess all of your damages and seek compensation based on your losses and injuries.
Babylon Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Call a Team Member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
You have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit in New York, according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CPV) §214. We also recommend getting started on your case early so that we can begin gathering important evidence as soon as possible.
Call (516) 932-0400 to discuss your case with a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team member today. The initial call is free, and there is no obligation.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form