If you or someone you love was injured on a construction site you might be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Whether you were working on the construction site or simply a pedestrian walking by, if your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, you deserve to be compensated for what happened to you.
A lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. who handles construction accident cases in Babylon, NY, will review your case, determine liability, and file an injury claim on your behalf.
- Do not Miss Your Chance to Seek Compensation
- Examples of Recoverable Losses
- Types of Injuries that Could Happen on or Near Construction Sites
- Determining who is Liable in Your Babylon Construction Accident Case
- What a Personal Injury Attorney at our Law Firm will do for You
- Call a Team Member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
Do not Miss Your Chance to Seek Compensation
Every state has a limit on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. The statute of limitations varies from state to state. In New York, the deadline to file is outlined in New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214. An experienced and dedicated construction accident lawyer can review your case as soon as possible to make sure you can pursue the damages to which you are
If you lost a loved one in a negligent construction accident in Babylon, you could be eligible to file a wrongful death case to recover losses such as burial and funeral costs, together with all other financial damages created by this tragic loss, as per Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1.
It is important to remember that the sooner you file, the better your chances are of building a strong case. Evidence can disappear over time. For example, dashcam or surveillance video can be erased and witnesses can move and become very difficult to locate. We want to act quickly to protect your legal rights.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Babylon, call 516-932-0400
Examples of Recoverable Losses
Our team is ready to help you recover compensation for the following losses:
- Healthcare expenses, both present and future
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
Your lawyer will explain whether you qualify to collect other types of losses.
Babylon Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Types of Injuries that Could Happen on or Near Construction Sites
According to the most recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, falls are the number one cause of work-related fatalities in the construction industry. Other common types of injuries that happen on or near construction sites include:
- Bruises, fractures, or head trauma (i.e., traumatic brain injuries/TBI,) due to falling objects
- Respiratory problems due to toxic chemicals
- Vision or hearing loss
When you hire a lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. who handles construction accident cases in Suffolk County, they will determine the cause of the accident, establish who should be held responsible, and file the proper paperwork on time in civil court.
You should not have to bear the emotional and financial burdens of an accident that you did not cause. Allow us to handle all aspects of your construction accident case so you can focus on your medical treatment, recovery from your injuries, and rebuilding your life.
Determining who is Liable in Your Babylon Construction Accident Case
We must determine who is liable for your accident, resulting injuries, and damages. There could be one liable party involved or multiple parties. They could include any of the following:
- The construction site’s property owner
- The general contractor
- The architect
- Other construction site employees
Identifying the responsible party or parties in a construction accident case could be a complex process. A lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. who is familiar with the state laws and statutes regarding accidents on construction sites will investigate your case and determine who is liable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What a Personal Injury Attorney at our Law Firm will do for You
When you hire a lawyer from our law firm to represent you in your Babylon construction accident case, you can release the worries and stress about sorting through all of the legal hurdles on your own. Our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will do the following for you:
- Update you on the progress of your case. You will never be left to wonder what is going on with your case. A member of our team will always be there to provide the latest developments as your case progresses.
- Determine the liable party or parties. We will identify who is responsible and name them in an injury claim or lawsuit.
- Handle all communications. It is in your best interest not to directly communicate with the insurance company. Their goal is to save money, not to serve your best interests. The adjuster will typically try to use what you say against you in order to minimize your payout.
- Collect evidence. Our team will gather any evidence that supports your case, including the police report, your medical records, eyewitness statements, photos, and surveillance video of your injuries and the accident scene. Plus, as may be called for, we will secure testimony from medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists to back your case.
- Determine a value for your damages. Putting a dollar value on the physical and mental toll the accident has taken on you could be a daunting process. Let our team calculate both your economic and non-economic damages so that you understand the value of your case.
If you cannot come to us, we are happy to meet you on Long Island or anywhere else in the New York metropolitan area.
Call a Team Member at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today
We want to help you seek the compensation and justice you deserve for your construction accident in Suffolk County.
Call (516) 932-0400 to discuss your case with a team member today. The initial call is free, and there is no obligation. We have a multilingual staff who will assist you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Call us today.