Floral Park Construction Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a construction workplace accident, you have the right to consult with a lawyer before you sign any forms. According to the workplace injuries report of the National Safety Council, construction is one of the top five industries with the highest number of workplace injuries and fatalities. You deserve to know your legal rights and how to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other damages.
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is your strong legal advocate who will fight for the compensation you deserve. As your attorneys, we will speak for you to the various insurance adjusters, opposing legal counsel and to any and all other involved parties to make sure your rights are preserved and asserted.
For a free consultation at your home or the hospital anywhere on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area, call (516) 932-0400.
Protect Your Health and Rights If You Are Hurt in a Construction Accident
A construction site should have all the required safety precautions and measures in place to protect you, yet construction workers face a much higher rate of workplace injuries and fatalities. Sometimes a construction accident is simply an unfortunate event. Other times, it could be the result of insufficient training, faulty equipment, or substandard safety precautions.
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer on our team will conduct a thorough investigation into your accident. It is our goal to:
- Find out the extent of your injuries and how this affects your ability to return to work
- Calculate your damages, making sure to include all current and expected expenses
- Name and hold all liable parties accountable
Our lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. work on a contingency fee basis. You do not owe attorney fees unless we win a money recovery for you.
Our Five Recommended Steps After a Construction Accident
We suggest these actions if you or a family member was injured in a construction accident:
- Get immediate medical care and document your injuries for insurance and legal purposes
- Tell your supervisor about the accident
- If you are able, take pictures of your injuries, the accident scene, and the hazard or condition that might have caused your accident
- Write or record a detailed account of what you saw, heard, and felt before and after the accident
- Call a Floral Park construction accident lawyer who will protect your rights and help you recover compensation
We have a multilingual staff who are fluent in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada and can answer any of your questions. Call now for a free consultation and case review at (516) 932-0400.
The Types of Damages to Be Recovered in a Construction Accident
According to the National Safety Council, there were 310,000 construction injuries requiring medical attention in 2017. Construction also accounts for about 20% of the total number of work fatalities in 2017 with 924 that year.
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Some of the types of damages you could recover in your case might include:
- Medical treatment, both current and anticipated
- Lifecare costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Partial or total paralysis
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional trauma
If you have lost a loved one due to wrongful death in a construction accident, please accept our condolences. Our legal team will protect the rights of the surviving family members. To learn more about how our construction accident lawyers will help you and your family, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation at (516) 932-0400.
We Represent Injured Construction Workers in Several Areas
Construction worksites pose many different threats to your safety and welfare. A construction accident lawyer will help with all types of work-related injuries, including:
- Falls from scaffolding, ladders, or other elevated places
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Electrical shocks, burns, and electrocutions
- Falling debris, equipment, or other items
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Caught-between or crushed-in equipment, materials, or machinery
- Motor vehicle, cart, or trailer accidents
- Building collapses
The “Fatal Four” Types of Construction Accidents
There are four leading causes in construction worker fatalities as identified by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration:
- Struck by object
- Caught-in or between equipment, material, machinery or collapsing structure
Our Construction Accident Lawyers Hold Liable Parties Accountable
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek compensation from all liable parties. These might include the property owner, general contractor, subcontractor, or another third party.
There are a few indicators for finding negligence:
- Determine that a duty of care was owed to you for your safety and well-being while on the job
- Show that this duty of care was breached in some way and caused your injuries
- Prove that these injuries result in physical, emotional, and financial damages that the liable party will be compelled to compensate
The New York Civil Practice Laws and Rules § 214 restricts the amount of time that you have to seek legal action. That is why you are invited to call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to begin the legal process of seeking compensation. There are other deadlines that apply to claims and litigation as well. By choosing us to represent you, you are relieved of those stresses, so you can focus on your medical and emotional recovery. It is also important to note that the sooner you call us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Provide Compassionate and Assertive Legal Care
Since 1991, injured men and women have relied on our legal team to fight for their rightful compensation. You will rest assured that a construction accident lawyer will take care of all aspects of your case, including:
- Keeping you updated and about your case progress
- Identifying all liable parties who will be responsible for your injuries and damages
- Communicating with liable parties for you while you rest and recuperate
- Collecting evidence to prove a liability with photos, videos, accident reports, medical records, and eyewitnesses
- Determining a value for your damages that includes any future medical care and vocational training in case you do not return to your job
Call us now to address any of your concerns and to answer your legal questions about your construction accident claim. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400.