If you were injured in a construction workplace accident, you have the right, and in our opinion, the obligation to yourself in terms of looking out for your best interests, to consult with a personal injury lawyer before you sign any forms. According to the workplace injuries report of the National Safety Council, construction is one of the top five industries with the highest number of workplace injuries and fatalities. You deserve to know your legal rights and how to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other damages.
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready to serve as your strong legal advocate who will fight for the compensation you deserve. As your attorneys, we will speak for you to the various insurance adjusters, opposing legal counsel, and any and all other involved parties to make sure your rights are preserved and asserted.
If you are unable to come to our office to talk to us, we will travel to your home or the hospital anywhere on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area to talk to you about your case.
- The Types of Damages a Construction Accident Lawyer Could Recover For You in Floral Park
- Protect Your Health and Rights If You Are Hurt in a Construction Accident
- We Represent Injured Construction Workers in Several Areas
- Our Construction Accident Lawyers Hold Liable Parties Accountable in Floral Park
- Your Construction Accident Lawyer Will Provide Compassionate and Assertive Legal Care in Floral Park
- Consult a Construction Accident Lawyer in Floral Park Today
The Types of Damages a Construction Accident Lawyer Could Recover For You in Floral Park
According to the National Safety Council, there were 310,000 construction injuries requiring medical attention in 2017. Construction also accounts for about 20% of the total number of work fatalities in 2017 with 924 that year.
More specifically, if you live in Floral Park and were injured in a construction accident anywhere in New York State, or if you live elsewhere but were injured in a construction accident in Floral Park, there are certain particular laws that may protect your rights to compensation. Labor Laws 200, 240, and 241 were all enacted to provide rights to construction workers injured on the job, reflecting the fact that working in the construction industry is a dangerous occupation. These laws seek to protect workers in a variety of ways, by requiring a safe work environment and conditions generally and more particularly, to protect against falls from height, falling objects, improper lighting, and improperly maintained or positioned machinery and equipment as well as other hazards too often found on construction job sites.
The Floral Park construction accident lawyers from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are well-versed and experienced in all the technical details of these and other laws that address construction worker safety. We will be relentless in our mission, to win the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Some of the types of damages you could recover in your case might include:
- Medical treatment, both current and anticipated
- Lifecare costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Partial or total paralysis
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional trauma
If you have lost a loved one due to wrongful death in a construction accident, please accept our condolences. Our legal team will protect the rights of surviving family members and advocate for your best interests as you take the time to grieve. To learn more about how our construction accident lawyers will help you and your family, call our office to arrange a free no-obligation consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accident lawyer serving Floral Park, call 516-932-0400
Protect Your Health and Rights If You Are Hurt in a Construction Accident
A construction site should have all the required safety precautions and measures in place to protect you, yet construction workers face a much higher rate of workplace injuries and fatalities. Sometimes a construction accident is simply an unfortunate event. Other times, it could be the result of insufficient training, faulty equipment, or substandard safety precautions.
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer on our team will conduct a thorough investigation into your accident. Our goals include the following. We will:
- Find out the extent of your injuries and how this affects your ability to return to work
- Calculate your damages, making sure to include all current and expected expenses
- Name and hold all liable parties accountable
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You will not owe attorney fees unless we win a money recovery for you. There are also no upfront costs and no hidden fees. We will gladly explain how payment works in detail during your consultation with one of our attorneys to put you at ease.
Our Five Recommended Steps After a Construction Accident
We suggest these actions if you or a family member was injured in a construction accident:
- Get immediate medical care and document your injuries for insurance and legal purposes
- Tell your supervisor about the accident
- If you are able, take pictures of your injuries, the accident scene, and the hazard or condition that might have caused your accident
- Write or record a detailed account of what you saw, heard, and felt before and after the accident
- Call a Floral Park construction accident lawyer who will protect your rights and help you recover compensation
We have a multilingual staff who are fluent in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada and can answer any of your questions.
Floral Park Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Represent Injured Construction Workers in Several Areas
Construction worksites pose many different threats to your safety and welfare. A construction accident lawyer will help with all types of work-related injuries, including:
- Falls from scaffolding, ladders, or other elevated places
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Electrical shocks, burns, and electrocutions
- Falling debris, equipment, or other items
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Caught-between or crushed-in equipment, materials, or machinery
- Motor vehicle, cart, or trailer accidents
- Building collapses
The “Fatal Four” Types of Construction Accidents
There are four leading causes of construction worker fatalities as identified by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration:
- Struck by object
- Caught in or between equipment, material, machinery or collapsing structure
Our Construction Accident Lawyers Hold Liable Parties Accountable in Floral Park
A Floral Park construction accident lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek compensation from all liable parties. These might include the property owner, general contractor, subcontractor, or another third party.
If the case is based on a claim that a third party’s negligence resulted in the injury, the following must be proven: negligence:
- Determine that a duty of care was owed to you for your safety and well-being while on the job
- Show that this duty of care was breached in some way and caused your injuries
- Prove that these injuries result in physical, emotional, and financial damages that the liable party will be compelled to compensate
Other laws, specifically, Labor Law sections 200, 240, and 241, mentioned earlier in this article, offer protections to workers against some of the most common and most dangerous hazards in the construction industry, such as falls from ladders, scaffolds, or any elevated height; falling objects; improperly placed or maintained machinery and equipment or unsafe lighting conditions, for example. An injury covered by one of these sections of the law can impose liability on the general contractor and/or property owner without any finding of negligence on their part. We are experienced in handling these cases and will work to have these laws applied so that we can win the compensation you need and deserve.
The New York Civil Practice Laws and Rules § 214 restricts the amount of time that you have to seek legal action. That is why we invite you to call our firm today to begin the legal process of seeking compensation. There are other deadlines that apply to claims and litigation as well. By choosing us to represent you, you are relieved of those stresses, so you can focus on your medical and emotional recovery.
It is also important to note that the sooner you call us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Capturing important evidence such as eyewitness statements while they are fresh in memory or surveillance video before it is erased, is a time-sensitive concern. Please give yourself every possible advantage to build the most compelling case and call us today to review your situation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Construction Accident Lawyer Will Provide Compassionate and Assertive Legal Care in Floral Park
Since 1991, injured men and women have relied on our legal team to fight for their rightful compensation. You will rest assured that a construction accident lawyer will take care of all aspects of your case, including:
- Keeping you updated about your case progress
- Identifying all liable parties who will be responsible for your injuries and damages
- Communicating with liable parties for you while you rest and recuperate
- Collecting evidence to prove a liability with photos, videos, accident reports, medical records, and eyewitnesses
- Determining a value for your damages that includes any future medical care and vocational training in case you do not return to your job
- Negotiating with the liable party and their insurer to secure a fair settlement that adequately covers your expenses
- Filing a lawsuit and presenting your case to a jury if necessary in pursuit of compensation
Most personal injury cases typically settle out of court for various reasons, including the unpredictability of the jury and the liable party’s insurer being unwilling to risk a jury verdict in your favor that forces them to make a larger payout. Our firm is not afraid to litigate your case in court if that’s what it takes to recover compensation for you and your family.
Call us now to address any of your concerns and to answer your legal questions about your construction accident claim.
Consult a Construction Accident Lawyer in Floral Park Today
Construction accidents often have devastating outcomes. You could have severe injuries and ruinous financial expenses. If another person or entity is the negligent cause of the damages you are suffering, you have the right to recover compensation. The negligent party is at fault, not you. As mentioned above, in some construction accident cases, recognizing the risk of working in the construction industry, the responsibility may be placed upon the general contractor and/or property owner, even if there was no negligence on their part. We believe you deserve the protections of these laws and we are ready to do everything we can to see to it that you are made whole with full compensation for your injuries.
Our law firm will work to hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries and losses so you can recover the compensation you deserve and move forward with the feeling that you got justice.
To schedule a free consultation with a construction accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon L.L.P. in Floral Park, please contact us. We are ready to talk to you about your case today.