If you suffered injuries in a construction accident in Uniondale, NY , a Uniondale construction accident lawyer will represent you in negotiations with insurance companies and, depending upon the specific circumstances of your case, in aggressive litigation in court, to see that you recover the damages related to your injuries.
In This Article
- New York’s Scaffold Law Works to Your Benefit
- Types of Uniondale Construction Accidents We Accept
- Determining Who Might be Liable for Your Uniondale Construction Accident
- Proving Who is Liable for your Uniondale Construction Accident
- How We Investigate to Gather Evidence for your Uniondale Construction Accident
- Calculating Recoverable Damages for Your Construction Accident
- We Will Present Your Damages to All Relevant Parties
- We Will Bring You Justice for Your Uniondale Construction Accident
New York’s Scaffold Law Works to Your Benefit
Fatality rates for the construction industry are higher than the national average across all industries, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Fatal work injuries in 2012 reached 4,383, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, with 75 of those occurring in New York. Consistently, falls account for the more fatalities in the construction industry than any other type of accident.
Legislators created New York’s Scaffold Law (Labor Law § 240 and 241) to force contractors and owners to maintain workplace safety. Specifically, the law requires “all contractors and owners and their agents…to give proper protection” to workers in the construction industry who find themselves working at heights.
The law is based on the premise that construction site contractors and owners can more effectively control their site’s safety than the laborers who work on the sites.
The Scaffold Law is regarded as a strict/absolute liability statute. Construction site owners and contractors cannot raise a comparative negligence defense if their failure to give their workers “proper protection” results in a worker becoming injured. The law also applies to undocumented workers.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. frequently handles cases in which construction workers have sustained accidents due to violations of New York’s labor laws. We will serve as your voice in your case, too.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
Types of Uniondale Construction Accidents We Accept
Construction sites present the potential for a multitude of accidents. Given the heights at which people work, the size of the machinery, the mass of objects being moved around, and all the moving parts and workers, construction accidents happen frequently and cause serious injuries.
Construction accidents result from a wide variety of causes, including:
- Buildings not being up to code
- Safety violations
- Accidents involving construction vehicles
- Accidents involving construction equipment
- Chemical leaks
- Falls (from ladders, scaffolding)
- Dropping objects, like tools or building materials
- Crane accidents
- The collapse of a structure
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents
Our team of Uniondale construction accident lawyers will investigate your accident, determine the cause, then work on identifying the at-fault and liable party.
Uniondale Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Determining Who Might be Liable for Your Uniondale Construction Accident
When a construction accident happens, fault can be attributed to a number of parties, depending upon the circumstances.
Among the possible parties liable for your damages are:
- Third-party consultants
- Contractors and subcontractors
- Suppliers of material and equipment
- Construction managers
- Property owners
After talking to you about your case, a Uniondale construction accident lawyer will launch an investigation to determine which party or parties caused your accident and/or which party or parties are liable for your accident.
Proving Who is Liable for your Uniondale Construction Accident
Once our investigation has led us to a likely liable party or parties, we will proceed with proving negligence—the cornerstone for establishing liability for the damages resulting from your construction accident.
The law makes this part of the legal process clear and straightforward. To establish negligence, we must prove each of the following elements:
- That some party (or parties) had a duty to take reasonable care to keep you free from danger
- That said party (or parties) violated this duty of care by action or inaction
- That this lack of responsibility caused the accident that injured you
- That you have been harmed, physically, financially, and emotionally as a result of the accident
Because establishing negligence is critical to your case, we leave no stone unturned to uncover every bit of compelling evidence available.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Investigate to Gather Evidence for your Uniondale Construction Accident
We will put top-notch Friedman & Simon, L.L.C. resources to work investigating your accident and documenting your damages. Our objective is to compile f a body of evidence best calculated to defeat the rigors of insurance company refusal and dissection by their defense lawyers
Among the resources we tap are:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Medical records
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Photos from the accident scene
- Safety records
- Wage statements from your employer
- Maintenance records for equipment
- Surveillance video
Depending upon the unique details of your case we will also bring in experts to give their professional opinions on matters such as:
- The economic impact of your injuries
- How your injuries will affect your ability to work
- The long-term physical impact of your injuries
- How your injuries will require a different approach to living
Calculating Recoverable Damages for Your Construction Accident
The next step we take in delivering comprehensive service for your personal injury case is to create a list of all the damages—medical, professional, economic, life planning, etc.—you have suffered, will continue to suffer, and will incur in the future. We then use our experts to attach monetary value to each of these damages.
Your list of damages might include:
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished quality of life
- Medical care/treatment
- Modifications to your home for accessibility
- Pain and suffering
- Imaging, lab tests
- Rehab/Physical therapy
- Emotional trauma
- Replacement services
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Finally, if you lost a loved one in a construction accident, we will pursue a wrongful death action on your behalf. Call our Uniondale construction accident lawyers to learn more.
We Will Present Your Damages to All Relevant Parties
We will present your damages to the liable party’s insurance company and work to obtain the best possible settlement for you. If the insurer refuses to make the appropriate settlement offer, we are thoroughly experienced in filing lawsuits in a civil court. If your case calls for it, our services on your behalf will include litigating your case up to trial and then trying your case before a judge and jury.
It is our mission to win the best possible outcome for you, whether by negotiated settlement or litigated outcome, and we are prepared to do what is necessary to succeed on your behalf.
We Will Bring You Justice for Your Uniondale Construction Accident
Your only focus after your Uniondale construction accident should be to recover from your injuries. You should not have to worry about the financial end of your accident. Let us take this matter off your hands.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free initial consultation at 516-932-0400.