If the death of a loved one is what has brought you to our website, please allow Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to offer its sincerest condolences regarding your loved one’s passing. We know we can’t make your grief disappear–especially when another party’s negligence is involved. Yet, we offer legal solutions to help you move forward.
A Uniondale personal injury lawyer from our firm could pursue damages from the liable party and champion your rights. Understanding your options begins with a free case evaluation.
- Our Team in Uniondale Advocates for People in These Situations
- Your Family Deserves Compensation After Losing a Loved One in Uniondale
- What You Could Expect from the Claims Process in Uniondale
- Working for You – How Our Law Firm Handles Your Uniondale Claim
- Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. – We’re on Your Side
Our Team in Uniondale Advocates for People in These Situations
Car accidents were responsible for 1,046 deaths in New York in 2020. Most motor vehicle fatalities result from others driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other substances. However, vehicle accidents account for only some of the wrongful death cases we handle.
In addition to managing collision cases, we also help people who have suffered:
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Dog bites or domestic animal attacks
This isn’t an exhaustive list of our practice areas in New York. If you have questions about your case’s potential, we invite you to connect with our team. We will listen to your story and lay out a potential course of action.
For a free legal consultation with a Wrongful Death lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
Your Family Deserves Compensation After Losing a Loved One in Uniondale
Losing a family member is an emotional rollercoaster for the ones they left behind. Your bills could pile up, and making funeral arrangements could require making certain sacrifices. You shouldn’t have to endure the financial burden of losing a loved one.
Our team will fight for compensation that includes:
- Medical expenses and bills related to your loved one’s healthcare
- Funeral expenses, including plot upkeep fees and memorial costs
- Financial support for your family (if the decedent was a primary wage earner)
- Loss of consortium,(this is the special type of loss a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim,) companionship, parental guidance, and nurturing
Because every claim is different, we can’t suggest a monetary figure until after we have evaluated your case. Our team will examine your situation and calculate a figure that accounts for your hardships.
How Much Compensation Could You Receive?
The compensation that your family could receive depends on several factors, including:
- The circumstances of your loved one’s passing
- The decedent’s age at the time of their passing
- Your loved one’s earning capacity
- Your loved one’s role within their family
New York does not limit the amount a family can receive in a wrongful death lawsuit, and our team will fight for the most compensation available.
Uniondale Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What You Could Expect from the Claims Process in Uniondale
When a wrongful death claim is initiated, it works similarly to a personal injury claim. Your family has suffered a loss. Our wrongful death team evaluates the situation and compiles your claim for damages. We will notify the insurer of your expectations for compensation.
We will then engage in settlement negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurer. Many wrongful death cases are settled long before the need to enter a courtroom. If necessary, our Uniondale wrongful death team is prepared to follow through with a lawsuit.
Working for You – How Our Law Firm Handles Your Uniondale Claim
With our Uniondale wrongful death team at your side, you can take the time you need to grieve your loss. We handle your case’s tasks, which include:
- Identifying all liable parties
- Obtaining and organizing the evidence to support your claim
- Consulting with experts to assist in proving your claim
- Holding the responsible parties accountable
- Communicating with the defendant’s team on your behalf
Our team will always keep you up-to-date on the status of your claim. We are available to answer your questions and ease your mind. You are free to handle your family matters and grieve while we pursue damages.
Our Team Will Prove Negligence in Your Wrongful Death Case
When a wrongful death occurs, proving negligence is one of the first tasks our team undertakes. To do that, we must demonstrate the four elements of negligence and how they apply to your case. These elements are:
- Duty of care. Another party had a duty of care toward your loved one, meaning they should have acted with caution.
- Breach of duty. The other party broke their duty of care by putting others at risk of injuries or death.
- Causation. The other party’s actions caused your loved one’s passing.
- Damages. You have various losses stemming from your loved one’s passing.
Here’s a hypothetical scenario to explain these elements. You entrusted your loved one to a nursing home. The facility had a duty of care to provide your loved one with reasonable comfort and accommodations. Now, suppose the nursing home breached this duty by allowing your loved one to live in unsafe conditions.
Your loved one passed away as a result of their poor living conditions, meaning the nursing home caused their passing. If you have various losses arising from your loved one’s death, you could satisfy the four elements of negligence and pursue damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
New York law notes that a personal representative of the decedent’s estate can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. This person is usually named in the decedent’s will. If not, the court will appoint one.
While your loved one’s personal representative could be a family member, this isn’t the situation in every case. Our team will evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. – We’re on Your Side
Our wrongful death lawyers could assist you in various languages, including Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Kannada, and Tamil. We will work with your family to fight for compensation.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. offers a complimentary case evaluation, and our team works with no upfront fees or surprise costs. We ensure that you understand our fee arrangement and how your claim will proceed before we begin. Contact our Uniondale wrongful death lawyers to find out how we will advocate for you.