Our law firm extends sincere condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one in New York, regardless of the specific circumstances. However, if your loved one’s passing happened because of negligence, we want to seek justice for you.
A New York wrongful death lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek a financial recovery for your pain and suffering, funeral costs, and other damages from your loved one’s passing.
In This Article
- Recoverable Damages in New York Wrongful Death Cases
- We Will Handle Every Step of Your Wrongful Death Case
- How Our Lawyers for Wrongful Death Will Help You
- Discuss Your Claim with a New York Wrongful Death Attorney Today
Recoverable Damages in New York Wrongful Death Cases
Each person is unique. Therefore, when someone passes away, the resulting losses are also unique. We will work to understand who your loved one was and particulars of your special relationship. Only then are we able to properly evaluate your losses.
The journal Psychosomatic Medicine explains that grief affects both the mind and body. Therefore, we will account for any negative effects that grief has caused you and your loved ones. Other recoverable damages might include:
- Pain and suffering: In addition to grief, the damage category pain and suffering could cover depression, anxiety, and any pain and suffering the decedent experienced before their passing, if they were caused by the accident injuries that caused them to pass.
- Funeral expenses: Liable parties could cover the cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial.
- Loss of consortium: Your lawsuit could cover the small and big benefits your loved one provided before passing away. This could include romantic partnership, emotional support, guidance, instruction, and other non-financial value the decedent provided.
- Medical expenses: Any medical expenses resulting from negligence will be part of your lawsuit. These costs could result from ambulance transport, intensive care, surgery, end-of-life care, and other medical services.
- Lost financial support: Wrongful death victims are, in many cases, also income earners. As a result, you or your loved ones might have lost financial support because of your loved one’s passing. Lost income, benefits, bonuses, and potential promotions could be among those losses.
Calculating damages is not easy. But you have lost someone you love, and our firm will articulate the total cost of your immense loss.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
We Will Handle Every Step of Your Wrongful Death Case
The legal process is unpredictable, as each case presents a new set of facts and participants. Having our firm on your side could provide stability. By handling every step of the civil legal process, we will allow you to focus on what matters most—your recovery and your loved ones.
Our legal team will:
- Keep you updated on your case: Wrongful death cases require tact. You might not want daily updates or to hear the details of wrongful death proceedings. However, you need to know the status of your case. We will strike the right balance, keeping you informed as your case progresses.
- Identify liable parties: Someone is responsible for your loved one’s passing in New York. We will identify liable parties and file legal action against those parties.
- Communicate with all parties for you: Communication is a key feature of your case. Therefore, we will deal with all parties involved in your case, protecting you from anyone who might want to see your case fail. (For example, the at-fault party and their insurance carrier and defense lawyers.)
- Gather evidence: We build our cases based on evidence, facts, and witness accounts. Your case will be no different.
- Determine a value for your case: Though we hesitate to use the word “value” with respect to someone’s passing, every case has a monetary cost. We will determine what that cost is, then pursue a financial recovery that is in line with that cost.
Legal cases require organization, determination, and resources. We will handle every detail of yours. In addition, as called for, we will hire experts to help build your case, including any medical experts and economists who could strengthen your lawsuit.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims We Handle
Deaths tragically occur every day in New York. We maintain a staff of attorneys who handle every type of wrongful death case, including those that involve:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Dangerous premises
- Birth injuries and other instances of medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Criminal acts
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Exposure to toxic substances and environments
- Workplace accidents
If your loved one passed away under preventable circumstances, you might have grounds for a wrongful death case. Our team will seek justice for you and your loved ones.
New York Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How Our Lawyers for Wrongful Death Will Help You
Our firm’s roots are in New York. We have a deep connection to those we represent. Our team will be dedicated to securing a positive outcome for you amid tragic circumstances.
We hold ourselves to high standards, and our firm guarantees that:
- We will handle your case with sensitivity and compassion: You are not dealing with an injury. You have suffered the greatest loss that one is able to endure. Your case requires sensitivity, compassion, and respect for your loved one’s memory. We take cases like yours very, very seriously.
- We will seek the financial recovery you deserve: We work tirelessly and we are relentless on your behalf. Our clients receive the complete efforts of our team.
- You will not pay out of pocket: You owe us nothing up front, and we only receive a fee if we secure a recovery for you.
For a law firm that truly cares for clients, hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Client Testimonials for Our Law Firm
Consider the testimonials we have received, such as:
- “Mr. Friedman wasn’t just my lawyer. He (was) or is a very concerned and a very caring person. Mr. Friedman made sure I was in good hands as well.” – David, former client
- “They’re great people, they’re honest, they care about you…it’s like a friendship.” – Doug, former client
- “Mr. Friedman and his staff were phenomenal at protecting my legal rights. I have only words of praise for his work and a genuine appreciation for his humane, thoughtful approach to his clients.” – Debora, former client
- “This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional and client friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.” – Moulton, former client
We want to provide this same brand of legal service to you.
Discuss Your Claim with a New York Wrongful Death Attorney Today
The services of a lawyer could be just what you and your loved ones need. Our firm will handle the legal process for you. You deserve to tend to your mental health and personal obligations, and that is what we will allow you to do.
Contact a New York wrongful death lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., for your free consultation today.