If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another, please accept our deepest sympathy for your loss and heartache. We are ready to stand by you on this painful journey. We understand the many complicated losses that come with the passing of a loved one, including expenses and loss of financial support. Our personal injury lawyers are prepared to handle every detail of your claim so that you may grieve and heal from your loss.
After your free consultation, our Oceanside wrongful death lawyer will create a plan to pursue justice from the at-fault party. During our investigation into your loved one’s accident, we will gather evidence to support your case. We will build a compelling argument and use it as we negotiate for the best possible financial result on your behalf. . While you heal from this loss, we will take care of every detail of the legal process.
In This Article
- Financial Compensation in a Wrongful Death Case
- Our Legal Team’s Approach to Your Wrongful Death Case
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Has a Strong Track Record of Success
- Contact Our Oceanside Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
Financial Compensation in a Wrongful Death Case
In the state of New York, only the personal representative of the person who passed away may file a wrongful death case. The personal representative is either someone named in the will of a wrongful death victim or, if there is no will, someone -usually a family member who petitions the court and is appointed to serve in that capacity. If a representative has not already been appointed, our attorneys will determine for you who that person is and advise you and other family members on how to proceed.
These are the types of recoverable damages in a wrongful death case:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to the loved one’s passing, including hospital stays and ER visits, surgeries, medications, rehab, or nursing care. There may also be end-of-life medical expenses such as long-term care, hospice, home caregivers, and a myriad of out-of-pocket expenses.
- The pain and suffering your loved one experienced because of their injuries.
- Loss of comfort, guidance, assistance, and companionship your loved one offered.
- Loss of income and financial support that your loved one provided their family members.
- Burial and funeral expenses incurred by the loved one’s estate or family members.
Our Oceanside attorneys will adopt a big-picture perspective when evaluating your case. We will value your case so that it appropriately reflects the scope of the loss you are experiencing.
For a free legal consultation with a Wrongful Death lawyer serving Oceanside, call 516-932-0400
Our Legal Team’s Approach to Your Wrongful Death Case
Wrongful death cases can be complex, as our investigations may point to multiple liable parties or even big companies. Not to mention that insurance companies are often hesitant to pay what a family deserves for their loss. We want to shield you from this bullying and intimidation.
Our attorneys are your guides through the process of a wrongful death case. When we take you on as our client, we do the following for you:
- Keep you informed about the progress of your case
- Review the accident or event which caused your loved one’s passing and identify the liable party or parties
- Handle all communication with the parties involved in your case
- Gather evidence to support your case, such as medical statements, visual records, witness statements, and police reports
- Identify and work with appropriate expert witnesses
- Review compensatory damages and additional factors to arrive at an appropriate case value
- File your case, handle all paperwork, and meet all deadlines
- Provide multilingual assistance (English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada)
We strive to advocate passionately for those who have lost a loved one. It is our honor to fight for you while providing peace of mind about the road ahead.
The Cost of Our Services
Our wrongful death attorneys can meet with you on Long Island or anywhere in the New York metropolitan area for a free consultation. We invite you to share the details you know of your loved one’s fatal injury and the effects the loss has had on you and your family and ask any questions you may have.
If you decide you’d like to move forward with a wrongful death case, you will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we win a settlement or judgment for you. We work on a contingency-fee-basis with the intention of relieving your financial stress.
Oceanside Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Has a Strong Track Record of Success
Our firm approaches your case after having served the surviving families of wrongful death victims on Long Island for over 30 years. We’re proud to share that we’ve recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients and will put these same skills to work for you.
Our office has experienced several notable honors:
- Being voted Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Receiving a 10.0 Superb AVVO Rating
- Recognition as one of the top injury firms in New York
While awards and numbers are important in making a decision for your legal representatives, it is perhaps more important to know how you will be treated during these difficult times. Here is a sample of what our clients have to say about working with us:
- “This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional, and client-friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.” —Moulton
- “They’re great people, they’re honest, they care about you . . . it’s like a friendship.” —Doug
- “So glad I found them. These guys are terrific and their staff are so kind as well. Never had a problem with them these lawyers are really here to help us.” –Martha
We hope that when you entrust us with your case, we will improve your quality of life during the legal process, not just in the final result. Our team strives to provide the kind of service that makes an impact.
Contact Our Oceanside Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
After losing a loved one, you face many unique challenges. It’s an unfortunate reality that the financial implications of a loss often prevent family members from truly mourning. We hope to alleviate some of these hurdles to your family’s recovery in our fight for justice.
We understand that this is a time of sorrow and pain for you and your family. Our goal is to remove the legal burdens from your shoulders and recover a settlement or verdict that helps all of you move forward. Call us today for a free evaluation of your case or to secure our Oceanside wrongful death lawyer.