If you sustained injuries in a car accident caused by another party’s negligence, you should not have to bear the costs associated with those injuries. An Oceanside personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can identify the at-fault party, establish their liability, and see that you recover your damages.
Our legal team has represented the injured people of Long Island since 1991. We stand ready to work diligently on your behalf to recover your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other expenses related to your car accident injuries.
Call us today. Our multilingual staff is eager to speak with you and arrange your free consultation. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 today.
- We Handle All Types of Car Accidents
- How Working with an Oceanside New York Car Accident Lawyer Benefits You
- Proving Fault and Establishing Liability
- Our Private Investigation of Your New York Car Accident
- Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
- What You Need to Know About the Statute of Limitations in Oceanside, NY
- Read About Why You Should Trust Our Car Accident Team
- Call Us Today For a Free Consultation
We Handle All Types of Car Accidents
A car accident can happen anywhere, anytime, and for a multitude of reasons. If negligence drives any of those reasons, and someone gets injured, we are here to help.
Our firm accepts every type of car accident case, including those caused by:
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Road construction
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive drivers
- Improper turns
- Failure to adhere to traffic laws
- Poorly marked roadways
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris on the road
An Oceanside NY car accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will identify the person(s) at fault for your accident, establish their liability, and fight for your compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Oceanside, call 516-932-0400
How Working with an Oceanside New York Car Accident Lawyer Benefits You
When you work with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you are working with a firm that has been handling cases like yours for over 30 years. We are as passionate today about helping accident victims as we were when we started. As your legal representatives, we commit to:
- Keep You Updated on Your Case – Our staff and legal team will always “go the extra mile”, on your behalf and wants you to know that your case is being handled professionally, efficiently, and effectively.
- Investigate Your Case – We will launch our investigation to determine who caused your car accident and to gather the evidence that proves their culpability, as well as the damages you have suffered.
- Identify At-Fault Parties and Establish Liability – In addition to identifying who is to blame for your accident, we will also establish their liability.
- Handle Every Aspect of Your Case – This means we will communicate with all involved parties, from witnesses to insurers, judges, lawyers, and ultimately if a trial is necessary, a jury. a. We will manage all deadlines and every detail, working to ensure a winning case and the best possible case outcome.
- Calculate the Value of Your Claim – We will determine and document every loss you have suffered, whether economic or noneconomic in nature.
Our law firm is passionate about serving the needs of injured clients. We will handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on the most important task—recovering from your injuries. We also have a multilingual staff that speaks Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
We Represent Injured Clients on a Contingency Fee Basis
Traditional lawyer’s fees and hefty retainers might prevent an injured person from hiring legal representation in their fight to recover damages. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will represent you on a contingency fee basis.
Because the fee for your case is contingent on the damages recovered for you, we are not compensated until you are. You benefit from a contingency fee because:
- It avoids a potentially costly delay in your case
- We absorb all upfront expenses related to your case
- Your post-accident financial challenges are not made worse by having to lay out legal fees
We will explain how and when the insurance company forwards compensation to us, the percentage of damages we retain, and how and when the remainder is forwarded to you. We make sure these details are clear right from the beginning of our fight for the compensation you deserve.
Oceanside Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Proving Fault and Establishing Liability
To recover compensation for your damages, you must prove that the defendant’s negligence caused your accident. The law provides a set of criteria for fulfilling this requirement, and it involves proving the following four statements to be true:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to behave in a safe and responsible way.
- The defendant breached this duty.
- The defendant’s failure to uphold their duty of care caused the car accident.
- You suffered damages from the accident.
Our legal team will establish the defendant’s negligence and liability by establishing all the above statements using evidence from our law firm’s investigation.
Our Private Investigation of Your New York Car Accident
To support our argument of negligence, as well as your damage claims, we will investigate your car accident by:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Collecting photos and videos
- Gathering your medical records
- Obtaining a copy of the police accident report
- Getting copies of your wage statements
To the extent required by the unique circumstances of your case, we will also obtain opinions from experts in the areas of medicine, economics, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning to estimate the damages you will suffer down the road due to ongoing medical care, future treatment, and diminished earning potential.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
We will calculate the value of your claim by uncovering, itemizing, and adding all the damages. Your economic damages could include the following types of damages:
- Ambulance fees
- Medical treatment and care
- Lab work and imaging
- Future medical expenses
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Lost wages and benefits
- Estimated future lost income and earning potential
- Replacement services
Noneconomic damages might include these types of damages:
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
If your loved one died as the result of injuries they sustained in a car accident, we are sorry for your loss and offer you our heartfelt condolences. Please know that you are entitled to pursue a wrongful death action to help you cope with both the economic and emotional impact your loved one’s untimely passing will have on you and your family.
The wrongful death damages we request for you include your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses and a range of applicable losses. Our attorneys can represent you in this effort, explain who is eligible to seek these damages, and ensure your case is filed on time. We are determined to win the compensation you are entitled to and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
What You Need to Know About the Statute of Limitations in Oceanside, NY
All civil lawsuits have a filing deadline imposed by the state. Called the statute of limitations, it defines how much time you have to legally pursue the at-fault party.
In Oceanside, NY:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is defined by New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is defined by Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1
- Depending upon the specifics of your case, a shorter statute of limitations along with other claim and lawsuit deadlines may apply. We invite you to call us now for a thorough case review so you can be aware of applicable time limits
Complying with the statute of limitations is important. Failure to comply could mean you have no legal recourse to compel the at-fault party to compensate you. Their legal representatives are aware of the filing deadlines and will request an immediate dismissal of your case if it is filed late. Our law firm will ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time.
Read About Why You Should Trust Our Car Accident Team
When car accident clients our law firm has supported in the past leave online reviews, they say the following:
- Michael: The driver of a car that ran a red light at high speed crashed into the car that I was driving…I received excellent service and the best possible outcome…For anyone looking for a lawyer after an accident, I would give my highest recommendation to Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Larry: I was badly injured in an accident where a careless driver crashed into the rear of my car…Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done…I would recommend them highly to anyone who has been injured in an accident.
Find more reviews and referrals like these on our client testimonials page, and see how hard our team fights for clients just like you.
Call Us Today For a Free Consultation
For over 30 years, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.’s team of personal injury lawyers and dedicated staff have been championing the rights of Long Island’s accident victims.
Because it is so important, it bears repeating what was mentioned above for emphasis. New York’s general statute of limitations for car accidents under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, or such other statute of limitations as may apply to your potential claim and lawsuit, restricts the amount of time you have after your accident to take legal action. It is critically important not to overstep this time limit. Let us start working on your case today so we can construct it with the care that generates the best possible results.
We are ready to meet with you to discuss your car accident. We can meet with you on Long Island or at the location of your choice, anywhere in the New York metropolitan area. We want to make every step of your case as convenient as possible.
Our legal team works on a contingency basis, meaning you pay us only when you get paid and you do not need to ever incur any out-of-pocket expense related to your case. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free case review and consultation. Our multilingual staff is eager to take your call.