Car accidents can be painful, devastating, and even fatal. If you have been injured in a car accident in East Meadow, you may be entitled to compensation from the party who caused it. You do not have to navigate the process alone—we have been passionate advocates for the injured since 1991, and we will fight for the financial recovery you need to cover the costs of your economic, physical, and emotional damages.
We offer a free case consultation to determine what course of action you could take to hold a liable party responsible for your injuries. A car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will start working on your case as soon as you agree to work with us. We never collect attorney’s fees unless and until you obtain compensation.
In This Article
- We Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
- If Your Car Accident Led to a Loved One’s Death
- How Our Car Accident Lawyer Will Support You in East Meadow
- We Will Investigate Your Car Accident Case to Retrieve Evidence
- You Have a Limited Timeframe to Submit Your Car Accident Case to the Courts
- Measures Our Team Will Take to Submit Your Case on Time
- We Recover Compensation for All Types of Car Accidents
- Call Our Law Firm to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer Serving East Meadow
We Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
Car accidents can have serious, long-lasting effects. Our legal team will prove the full extent of your damages to secure the compensation necessary to support your recovery and restore your enjoyment of life to the full extent possible.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to another party’s recklessness or negligence, compensation may be available for:
- Medical treatment and hospital bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage, typically to repair or replace your vehicle
- Direct and out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- The costs of future medical care
- Future income and benefits losses
- Diminished earning capacity and/or quality of life
- Permanent injury, disability, or disfigurement you sustained
You could also be entitled to receive compensation for other damages not mentioned in this article. We tailor our representation to the very specific needs of each client and the unique circumstances of their case. We will make sure we fight to recover every dollar you are entitled to receive.
The Cost of Hiring Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will further reduce your financial burden by working on a contingency-fee-basis. This defrays the cost of seeking compensation after an accident, making the legal process more accessible to those who need it most. This payment structure means:
- We never charge anything upfront.
- We only charge an attorney’s fee after we recover your compensation, so the money comes out of your settlement instead of your pocket.
- We never charge an attorney’s fee if we do not get you compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
If Your Car Accident Led to a Loved One’s Death
If you lost a loved one due to their East Meadow car accident injuries, please accept our heartfelt condolences. We will pursue a wrongful death claim on your behalf. A car accident lawyer will help you fight for compensation for damages related to your loved one’s death, such as:
- Costs for funeral arrangements Current and future pain and suffering
- Loss of financial assistance if your loved one contributed to the home income
- Loss of parental guidance for the surviving child(ren)
- Loss of consortium for the surviving spouse (These are the special losses, recognized by law, that a person suffers when a spouse is a wrongful death victim.)
- Other emotional losses, such as loss of companionship, love, and affection
Our legal team will manage your case for you while you grieve with your family. We will keep you updated should new developments occur.
East Meadow Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
How Our Car Accident Lawyer Will Support You in East Meadow
Our personal injury attorneys hold all liable parties accountable and passionately defend your right to fair compensation. As part of our service, we:
- Provide updates about your case regularly
- Represent you in all communications with other lawyers, insurance companies, and other entities
- Conduct an investigation and gather evidence to prove your case
- Strengthen your case with expert witness testimony (as called for by the unique circumstances of your case) from our network of medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists
- Establish the extent of your damages to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve
As your legal counsel, we will make every effort to accommodate your needs so that you are able to focus on your recovery. For example, we will visit you at the hospital or in your home if needed. We are always available to answer questions and advocate for your rights.
Our multilingual team is also pleased to speak with you in English or in another language if necessary. Our staff speaks:
- The language you are most comfortable communicating in, as we will make those arrangements as needed
We Will Investigate Your Car Accident Case to Retrieve Evidence
Establishing liability is crucial to the success of your claim for compensation. We investigate your car accident and gather all relevant evidence and information, which may include:
- Police reports
- Surveillance video
- Dashcam video
- Witness statements
- Expert opinions
The information we gather in our investigation will tell us who you should sue for damages. In car accident cases, the most common liable parties are:
- Auto part manufacturers or distributors
- Maintenance contractors
- Local governments or municipalities (whoever is responsible for maintaining the roadway)
Many cases have only one liable party; others have two or more. No matter who we find to be at fault in your case, we will hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
We Will Construct Your Case Argument Against the Negligent Party
With this evidence, our team will construct an argument that demonstrates how the at-fault or liable party caused your injuries. We aim to prove that the at-fault party:
- Failed in their obligation to act reasonably and prevent you from being subjected to unreasonable harm
- Failed to act reasonably due to carelessness, recklessness, or negligence
- Caused your car accident and injuries through their actions or inactions
We will also document the full scope of the damages you incurred as a result.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Timeframe to Submit Your Car Accident Case to the Courts
Car accident cases fall under personal injury law. So, if you intend to file a civil action lawsuit about your accident-related injuries, you must meet your case’s filing deadline which, in most cases, is guided by New York’s statute of limitations, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214.
Failure to submit your case within its statutory deadline could subject it to being dismissed by a judge, meaning you won’t be able to recover compensation through the court system. You would then have to pay for your damages yourself.
Please note: Other, potentially shorter, statutes of limitations and deadlines may apply to your case. This is why, while we hope the information on this page is informative, there is no substitute for a consultation with an experienced and dedicated car accident lawyer. We invite you today for a no-obligation case review so that we can:
- Inform you as to the time periods and deadlines you ought to be concerned about to protect your rights
- Give you more time to consider what we tell you and make an informed decision about how you want to pursue damages
- Give ourselves more time to thoroughly investigate and build your case and submit the appropriate documents to all involved parties
Other Reasons to Start Quickly
In addition to statutes of limitations and other claim and litigation deadlines, gathering evidence while it is “fresh” is of great importance to your case. For example, evidence such as surveillance and dashcam video and witness statements may not be as readily available later as they are closer to the time of the accident.
Simply stated, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
Measures Our Team Will Take to Submit Your Case on Time
When you become a client at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we take precautionary steps to make sure you submit your lawsuit by its filing deadline should you decide to go that route. Some steps we will take include:
- Reviewing the police accident report about your car accident to determine the filing window we have to build your case
- Sending appropriate notices to involved parties about your intention to sue
- Keeping track of the negotiation stage in case the filing deadline is approaching fast
- Analyzing tactics used by the opposing side to see if they are attempting to stall or halt the litigation process
If the at-fault party’s insurance carrier refuses to negotiate in good faith, we will also be able to file the case on your behalf, to protect and assert your rights to the recovery you deserve.
Do not delay and jeopardize your right to bring those responsible for your suffering to justice. If you begin working with us early, we will also be able to help secure important evidence needed to prove your case, gather eyewitness statements, and make sure your injuries are documented, among other legal tasks.
Considerations for Your Car Accident Case
To get compensation, you will inevitably have to deal with at least one insurance company. This is because:
- New York is a no-fault state. This means a car accident victim will typically seek compensation from their own insurance policy first, no matter who caused the accident.
- You can seek compensation from the liable party’s insurance company only if your expenses and losses exceed what is covered by your own insurance policy or you can establish a certain level of bodily injury (As per Insurance Law section 5102 (d) https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/insurance-law/isc-sect-5102.html
- All drivers are required to carry a minimum amount of insurance, per the New York Department of Financial Services (DFS).
If the driver who hit you was not insured, you still have options for recovering compensation, though your case might become more complicated. Our team will identify the best possible way to pursue the money you deserve from an uninsured party.
How Might the Defense Oppose Your Case?
No matter whose insurance company you must negotiate with, they might be reluctant to pay you an appropriate settlement. They could even try to reduce the amount they have to pay by:
- Claiming that your own recklessness caused or contributed to your injuries
- Convincing you to give a recorded statement while you are still injured and unsure of your rights, then using that statement against you
- Denying that their client behaved irresponsibly
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we protect our clients from such tactics by managing all communications with all insurance companies. You do not ever have to speak with them directly, so they never have a chance to take advantage of your injuries and undermine your case.
We Recover Compensation for All Types of Car Accidents
If your car accident was another party’s fault, we will bring those responsible to justice regardless of how the accident occurred.
The following are causal factors we often see in car accident cases we handle.
Driver Error and Recklessness
When another driver’s actions cause a car accident and you are injured, we will help. We accept cases involving:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving (common in truck accidents)
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Failure to yield
- A disregard for traffic signals
Road construction and maintenance agencies are required to keep roadways in good condition and fix identified hazards. If they fail to do so and a hazard causes an accident, they could be liable for any resulting damages. Other road hazards might be caused by freight companies overloading tractor-trailers, defective automotive parts, poor vehicle maintenance, and more.
We assist car accident victims injured as a result of road hazards, including but not limited to:
- Improper or neglected maintenance
- Incorrect or missing signage
- Obstructions or debris on the roadway
- Insufficient traffic control
Call Our Law Firm to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer Serving East Meadow
We are ready to assist you and fight for you along every step of the legal process. Contact the passionate advocates for the injured at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today and begin the process of securing compensation for your damages.