If you or a loved one got into a car accident in New Cassel, New York, that led to injury, death, or property damage, you might be entitled to pursue compensation from the at-fault or liable party, depending on the surrounding circumstances of the accident. Our legal team will review your case and identify key information to help you build your case.
A car accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will assemble your case and present it to the insurance company and/or the civil court for your New Cassel accident. We will fight for compensation that fully covers your damages.
In This Article
- Our Client-Centered Team Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
- Our Team Will Help You Pursue Compensation on Behalf of a Late Loved One
- Your Car Accident Case Must Adhere to New York’s Statutory Deadline
- We Accept All Types of Car Accident Cases in New Cassel
- We Will Work to Take the Burden of Fighting for Compensation off Your Shoulders
Our Client-Centered Team Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
Our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., have been serving as personal injury advocates for the injured in New York since 1991. Also, our dedicated staff will assist clients in multiple languages, including English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
When you hire us to handle your car accident case, rest assured that our team will take care of every detail, including:
Keeping You Informed About Your Case
We will proactively update you regarding your case as new developments occur. Updates about your case could involve:
- New messages from the court, the opposing party, or other inquiring parties
- New evidence or information discovered that will support your case
- Any settlement offers you receive
- Dates for upcoming court hearings if you take your case to court
- Obstacles in your case, followed by strategies we intend to use to overcome them
- Notices from our team on what other information we might need to prepare your case
We welcome your calls and emails and it is one of our law firm’s very high priority policies to respond in a timely and helpful manner.
Identifying the at-Fault Party and Establishing Their Negligence and Liability
Negligence sits at the core of any personal injury case. Our legal team knows what insurance companies and courts need to see and hear before they accept that the party who caused your accident did so out of negligence and therefore is liable for your damages.
We will collect all relevant evidence and present compelling arguments that:
- The defendant owed you a duty to take reasonable care to keep you from harm.
- The defendant violated this duty through either action or inaction.
- The defendant’s breach of duty caused the car accident that injured you.
- You suffered injuries and other recoverable damages as a result.
Investigating and Building Your Case with the Strongest Evidence Available
To support your case argument, our legal team will investigate every facet of your accident in New Cassel, from cause to damages, and gather evidence that will support your personal injury case.
For example, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, a car accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will do the following:
- Visit the scene of the accident to scout for evidence
- Obtain videos from nearby surveillance cameras, phones, and other sources
- Review photos of the accident
- Gather opinions from economic, medical, vocational rehabilitation, and life-care planning experts
- Enlist the help of an accident reconstruction specialist
- Get wage statements from your employer
- Interview witnesses
- Collect all medical records
Our legal team will do all the heavy lifting related to your case, that is, handle all the details, so you are able to focus your efforts on your medical treatment and recovering from your injuries.
Communicating With Parties Related to Your Case on Your Behalf
Often in car accident cases, the at-fault’s or liable party’s insurance provider will reach out to the plaintiff and offer a settlement deal in hopes of avoiding going to court. However, generally with initial settlement offers, those figures do not factor the full scope of damages that plaintiffs experience. In fact, frequently such settlement offers are “low ball” offers, intended to “get rid of,” a potential liability for pennies on the dollar of the case’s true value.
Our team wants to serve as a buffer between you and inquiring parties so that we are able to protect you. Other reasons why other parties might reach out include:
- Insurance companies want to receive statements about your case from you, which might then be used against you.
- Police officers might follow-up with you regarding their investigation of the accident.
- Defense attorneys might reach out to you with an aggressive response to your claims, which might intimidate you from pursuing compensation.
Our legal team will guard your rights and respond to any case-related messages you may receive on your behalf.
Calculating Your Recoverable Damages
Although we will apply some of the evidence we gather to establish fault, negligence, and liability, other evidence that we will gather will go toward proving all the details of your damages. The list we compile will account for financial, physical, and emotional losses you have suffered, losses you might continue to endure, and other losses that you will face in the future based on expert testimony.
Every case is different, but some of the types of damages you might recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Costs for prescription medicines
- Costs for physical rehabilitation after medical treatment
- Current and future loss of income, including benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Costs for domestic services if your injuries prevent you from fulfilling certain tasks, such as home care or childcare
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as home modifications to accommodate your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Other damages not listed here could also be included in our demand letter compensation. We will learn about your unique damages as we communicate with you so that our prosecution of your claim can be tailored to your special, individual circumstances.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
Our Team Will Help You Pursue Compensation on Behalf of a Late Loved One
If your loved one did not survive their car accident, we extend our heartfelt condolences and assure you that we are dedicated to fighting for justice on their behalf. Spouses, children, and parents of car accident victims are eligible to file for compensation on behalf of their loved one. The estate of the departed loved one is represented by a personal representative typically referred to as an executor (if there was a will,) or an administrator (if the departed loved one passed without a will,) and we will guide you through the legal details of having such a personal representative appointed.
We will present your case and fight for additional damages you and your family might have experienced having lost your loved one. These damages could include:
- Costs to arrange your loved one’s funeral, including costs to bury or cremate them
- Loss of financial contribution to the family network that your loved one would have provided
- Loss of consortium (These are the unique losses, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse suffers a wrongful death injury.)
- Loss of society
- Other emotional losses, such as loss of companionship or parental guidance
New Cassel Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Car Accident Case Must Adhere to New York’s Statutory Deadline
It is important to note, in all cases, there is a statute of limitations in place that could prevent you from pursuing compensation should you wait too long to file your case. Specifically, the following statutes give general deadlines that might apply to your case:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 if you are filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your loved one
Claims and lawsuits are governed by other statutes of limitations and case-deadlines as well as those mentioned above. We will carefully review your circumstances and inform you as to which apply to your situation.
When you retain our services to fight for you, we make sure all applicable statutes of limitations are complied with and that all time deadlines are met.
We Accept All Types of Car Accident Cases in New Cassel
Our legal team handles all types of motor vehicle accidents, which include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Uber or Lyft car accidents
Our team will review your case to determine how we will be able to help you build your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents occur as a result of a seemingly endless array of variables. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence
- Driving while distracted
- Poor road conditions
- Inadequate road lighting
- Mechanical malfunctions in the car or components
- Debris on the road
- Road construction
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield right-of-way
- Reckless driving
- Excessive speed
We will investigate to determine exactly what happened and who was at fault. Then, we will proceed to prove to insurers and/or the court that this person is liable for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Work to Take the Burden of Fighting for Compensation off Your Shoulders
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are passionate about righting the wrongs you have experienced. Let us take your case and fight for justice. A lawyer from our team serving New Cassel will do everything in our power to fight for the compensation you deserve after your car accident.
Call us today for a free consultation at (516) 932-0400.