Neck injuries often leave sufferers with long-term consequences for their physical and emotional health, ability to work, and personal life. If you sustained a neck injury in an accident for which someone else is responsible, you have the right to seek compensation from them.
Our team of neck injury lawyers serving New Cassel, New York, stands ready and willing to represent you in your legal fight. We will confront the insurance company on your behalf and negotiate for the money you need and are entitled to.
In This Article
- What Compensation Is Available for Neck Injuries?
- We File Lawsuits for Neck Injury Victims
- Common Neck Injury Causes
- Protecting Your Rights by Acting Quickly
- Let Us Help You Fight for Compensation
What Compensation Is Available for Neck Injuries?
After a neck injury, you have the legal right to sue for compensation for:
- Monetary losses
- Physical injuries
- Psychological injuries
These are covered by the following types of damages.
Noneconomic Damages Cover Your Emotional Harm
Noneconomic damages reimburse you for the psychological/emotional losses you sustained due to the injury. These frequently include:
- Pain and suffering: Includes both the physical and psychological harm inflicted by the neck injury and the accident that caused it.
- Impaired quality of life: The injury affects your inability to live independently or participate in activities you used to enjoy.
- Disability: Your neck pain limits your physical capabilities.
- Loss of consortium: This category refers to your inability to maintain the same kind of relationship with your spouse as you did before the accident.
Economic Damages Cover Financial Losses
If your neck injury costs money to treat or prevents you from returning to work, you could qualify for these awards:
- Medical expenses: Including emergency care, home nursing, surgery, medication, assistive devices, and any other professional treatment you need to medically address the neck injury you have suffered.
- Property damage: This is especially relevant in traffic accident cases where your car or other vehicle sustained damage.
- Loss of income: This includes the wages, benefits, and other monies from your job that the accident prevented you from earning while you recovered.
- Loss of earning capacity: This is the estimated difference between what you could have accumulated throughout your career pre-accident and what you expect to earn now.
For a free legal consultation with a Neck Injury lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
We File Lawsuits for Neck Injury Victims
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has experience with many of the types of accidents that lead to neck injuries. Our neck injury lawyers are proud to represent clients who live in or were injured in New Cassel, New York, and throughout Long Island. We prepare and present cases on our clients’ behalf, so they do not have to worry about:
- Staying updated: Though we handle all the legal work, this is still your case. You have the right to know what is happening, and we will always keep you informed.
- Identifying who is liable: Some cases have only one at-fault party, while others have two or more. Our team will determine who you should sue and find evidence to prove their liability.
- Managing communications: Our clients never have to speak directly to the liable party or their representatives. Instead, we protect our clients by advocating for their rights and negotiating with the insurance company for the proper settlement.
- Investigating the accident: We know what types of evidence the insurance company—or, if the case gets to trial, a judge and jury—want to see.
- Calculating your compensation: How much you should demand will depend on your injuries, the type of insurance the liable party holds, and other factors. We will account for all these factors when determining an appropriate settlement figure to target and recommend to you.
In addition, we understand that money is probably a concern for you during this challenging time. No one should have to forego legal representations due to financial worries. We offer free case reviews to all personal injury victims, and we never charge attorney’s fees unless our clients receive compensation.
New Cassel Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Common Neck Injury Causes
You could sustain a neck injury from several types of accidents:
- Car accidents: Whiplash is a common injury, especially in rear-end collisions. Other types of motor vehicle accidents—such as those involving trucks or trains, buses or motorcycles – also can cause neck injuries.
- Slip or trip and fall accidents: It is, unfortunately, far too common that people seriously injure their neck when a negligent property owner fails to clean up spills or repair broken stairwells, walkways or other areas of their property.
- Medical malpractice: Mistakes with devastating consequences can be made by even a well-meaning doctor and could end up harming rather than helping you.
- Construction accidents: Construction sites are dangerous for both workers and passersby if they don’t observe safety protocols. Falling objects, holes in the ground, and strewn parts and equipment are all possible hazards.
The type of accident you suffered is less important than our ability to prove that the injury was someone else’s fault. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., will work hard to get you a satisfactory settlement or win the best possible award for you, either through an arbitration proceeding or by arguing your case to a judge and jury in court.
Protecting Your Rights by Acting Quickly
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 governs your right to sue for most of the above types of accidents. This law establishes a time limit for personal injury victims to take legal action against the responsible parties. Any delay could permanently bar you from recovering compensation. (It is important to note that, depending upon the unique circumstances of your accident, shorter statutes of limitations may apply, together with other deadlines that can affect your rights. We invite you to review the particulars of your case with us, at no charge and without any obligation and we will give you our opinion as to what time limits apply and what actions should be taken before it’s too late.)
Your right to seek compensation also depends on:
- What types of evidence are available: The sooner we get started on your case, the more effectively we will be able to uncover critical evidentiary materials, such as police reports, witness statements, and surveillance camera footage.
- Comparative negligence: The insurance company might try to reduce the amount they must pay by claiming you share responsibility for the accident. To prevent having your settlement affected by NY CVP 1411, we will fight to prove the liable party was entirely responsible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Us Help You Fight for Compensation
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today at (516) 932-0400 for a free case review. Our team of neck injury lawyers and other legal experts will assist you in your language of choice: Spanish, Greek, Tamil, Kannada, or Bengali.
If you live or sustained your injuries in New Cassel, New York, our team is eager to hear from you.