If the loss of a loved one as the result of an accident or medical error is what has led you to our website, the team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. extends its deepest condolences to your family. Our team understands the anguish you may feel after losing a loved one. We can’t bring your family member back. Still, we could make their loss less catastrophic financially, allowing your family to move forward.
If your loss resulted from another party’s actions, a New Cassel wrongful death lawyer will pursue what you need. Our team will fight to recover your expenses. We do all the legal legwork so you can grieve with a clear mind.
In This Article
- We Will Manage Your Wrongful Death Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
- Our Wrongful Death Practice Areas in New Cassel, NY
- We Want to Seek Wrongful Death-Related Compensation for Your Family
- How Do Wrongful Death Cases in New Cassel Work?
- Our New Cassel Wrongful Death Lawyers Fight for Your Family
- You May Have These Questions About Your Wrongful Death Case in New Cassel
- Begin Your Free Case Evaluation With Our Wrongful Death Team
We Will Manage Your Wrongful Death Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
After losing a loved one, the financial burden may seem insurmountable. We don’t want to add to your stress. So, we help on a contingency-fee basis. This also means you have no out-of-pocket costs related to your case. You will not need to advance any case expense, such as the cost associated with your case’s filing in court consulting with expert witnesses or anything else. You pay nothing unless your case reaches a positive conclusion, and then only from the proceeds of the case.
Prior to working on your case, we will patiently review our fee arrangement, so there are no surprises and so you can feel completely comfortable that you are making the right choice for legal representation.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving New Cassel, call 516-932-0400
Our Wrongful Death Practice Areas in New Cassel, NY
Our team manages cases related to:
- Domestic animal attacks
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Workplace injuries
- Collisions involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
This isn’t a complete list. If you’re interested in exploring your options after losing a loved one, our team stands ready to listen.
New Cassel Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Want to Seek Wrongful Death-Related Compensation for Your Family
You shouldn’t have to deal with the financial aftermath of losing a loved one. Some of your compensable losses may comprise:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses incurred before your loved one’s passing
- Loss of financial support for your family
- Loss of companionship and parental nurturing
Every instance of wrongful death is unique. Compensation depends on the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s accident, their passing, and their role in your family dynamic. Our team will fight for every bit of compensation your family deserves.
There are no caps on the compensation that a family can receive in a New York wrongful death case. This means there is no limit to what you could seek for your losses.
How Do Wrongful Death Cases in New Cassel Work?
Wrongful death lawsuits work very much like personal injury lawsuits. When harm is done, a lawsuit seeks monetary compensation for the wronged party. In the case of wrongful death, compensation is sought by the decedent’s family.
The first step in the process is filing a demand letter. This letter outlines the facts surrounding the validity of the claim and demands compensation. Many claims are settled through negotiations before they reach civil court. Negotiations can take place over an extended period.
In situations where negotiations do not succeed, our wrongful death team will file a lawsuit and guide your case to completion. That process requires filing your lawsuit within New York’s civil statute of limitations. To comply with this deadline, we encourage you to consider our help as soon as possible.
Your Legal Team Must Assert and Prove Another Party’s Negligence
In a wrongful death case, it’s on you (the plaintiff) to prove that the other party acted negligently. To prove liability, the recognized elements of negligence are:
- Duty of care: The defendant is responsible for acting in a cautious manner. In medical malpractice (for example), this is defined as a doctor’s duty to supply the proper medical care.
- Breach of duty: This defines the specific expected behavior that was not performed or inadequately performed. In our previous example, a doctor who performs surgery while intoxicated breaches their duty of care.
- Causation: This describes how the actions or inactions (the breach of duty) of another party contributed to your loved one’s passing.
- Damages: You must show that following your loved one’s passing, you have various losses.
Proving negligence requires evidence, knowledge of state law, and other obligations. Now, we want you to focus on your grief and well-being. Our team will go to bat for your legal rights.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our New Cassel Wrongful Death Lawyers Fight for Your Family
When you trust our New Cassel wrongful death lawyer, we will compile a strong case for you. Our team will do the necessary legwork to prove the elements of negligence.
While allowing you and your family time to grieve, our team will also:
- Keep you fully updated on your case’s progression
- Identify and hold the liable parties accountable
- Handle all communications with the defendant’s legal team
- Obtain, organize, and submit all evidence to support your claim
- Consult with experts as necessary
- Evaluate your claim and determine a suitable financial value
Our team is multilingual and could assist in numerous languages, including Greek, Spanish, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali.
You May Have These Questions About Your Wrongful Death Case in New Cassel
As you consider legal action, you may wonder:
How Do Lawyers Determine Pain and Suffering?
How much you can seek for pain and suffering depends on your situation. We will evaluate various aspects of your loved one’s accident when calculating your expenses. As noted, New York does not cap pain and suffering via a claim or lawsuit.
Has Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Manage Wrongful Death Cases Before?
Our team has years of combined legal experience helping grieving families recover damages. Below are just a few of the many cases we’ve achieved the outcomes stated.
- $925,000 for the victim’s children in a wrongful death case involving a motorcyclist
- $750,000 for a medical malpractice claimant’s family
- $750,000 for the widowed husband in a fatal birth injury case
These are just some of our previous cases’ results. These outcomes may not reflect your own. Still, we believe they reflect our commitment to client success.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation With Our Wrongful Death Team
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is eager to start advocating for what you need. To explore your legal options, connect with us today.