If the wrongful death of a beloved family member is what has brought you to this page, the team of legal professionals at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. would like to extend our heartfelt condolences for your loss. We understand how trying to cope with the death of a family member, especially when it is unexpected, as most accidental deaths are (as compared with a death as the result of illness, for example,) can feel overwhelming. The financial burden of your loss could only make matters more difficult.
One of the most important goals of our Levittown personal injury lawyers is to provide surviving family members with a level of support that fosters peace of mind during this challenging ordeal. Our compassionate team will manage your case while you tend to your family. This involves gathering evidence, negotiating settlements, and fighting for what you need.
- We Advocate for Levittown Families on a Contingency-Fee Basis
- An Overview of the Services Our Wrongful Death Team Provides
- Our New York Law Firm Advocates for Wrongful Death Claimants
- What to Expect from Your Levittown Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Compensable Losses in a Levittown Wrongful Death Case
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Fight for Your Family
We Advocate for Levittown Families on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Affording legal help should be the last of your worries right now. That’s why we offer a helping hand on contingency. We don’t charge hourly rates or pay-as-you-go fees. A portion of your settlement pays for our services. We want to make partnering with us as risk-free as possible. Therefore, we are paid for our service only if and when we win a monetary recovery for you. You will never have to incur an out of pocket cost.
For a free legal consultation with a Wrongful Death lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
An Overview of the Services Our Wrongful Death Team Provides
When you partner with our Levittown wrongful death lawyers, we will handle each and every detail of your case. In a broad sense, this involves:
- Keeping you updated on your claim’s status
- Identifying all parties responsible
- Seeking the opinions of relevant field experts
- Holding the defendants accountable
- Communicating with the involved parties
- Applying state law to your case
Our involvement means you could focus on your health, family, and well-being. We’ll manage your legal matters and everything the claims process entails.
Levittown Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our New York Law Firm Advocates for Wrongful Death Claimants
A wrongful death occurs when someone loses their life due to the negligence, carelessness, or reckless behavior of another party. The death could result from medical malpractice, nursing home abuse or neglect, a collision, or a workplace accident. Any unexpected death resulting from another party’s action or inaction could warrant legal action.
Our team advocates for grieving families in a host of situations. We’re ready to listen to your story and implement a course of action.
What to Expect from Your Levittown Wrongful Death Lawyer
Your family and our legal team share the same goal: to resolve your injury case with the best possible outcome. Our staff will support you by:
Offering Legal Aid at No Upfront Cost
When you’re wrestling with the unexpected expense of a funeral, outstanding medical bills, and regular household bills, the last thought on your mind is paying for a lawyer. Fortunately, our Levittown wrongful death lawyers offer free case evaluations.
We also provide arrangements that require no upfront costs on your part. Our firm makes certain that all filing fees, investigation costs, and all other case-related expenses are covered. You pay nothing until your case concludes.
Managing Your Case’s Statutory Deadline
Every state has a unique wrongful death statute that outlines how long you have to file a lawsuit after losing a loved one. When you connect with our team, we will examine your situation and explain how long you have to file. Then, we’ll do everything possible to reach the best possible outcome for you.
Proving Your Case’s Required Elements
Proving wrongful death means meeting the four elements of negligence. These factors include showing:
- Duty of care: This element establishes that the defendant had a duty to act with reasonable care. For instance, all motorists must follow traffic laws.
- Breach of duty: A breach means that the defendant failed to uphold their duty of care. A motorist who drives while intoxicated breaches their duty of care, for example.
- Causation: This element establishes that the defendant’s actions caused your loved one’s passing.
- Damages: Finally, we must establish that after losing a loved one, you have various losses, from medical bills to pain and suffering.
Proving negligence is critical to your case’s outcome. Yet, you don’t have to struggle with proving these elements alone. A lawyer from our team in Levittown will manage your case’s obligations.
Identifying the Liable Parties
Depending on the cause of your loved one’s passing, there could be multiple liable parties. For example, in a case of medical malpractice, some of the responsible parties might include:
- Lab technicians
Using evidence, we will determine who should pay for your damages. Then, we’ll file your claim or lawsuit and go from there.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensable Losses in a Levittown Wrongful Death Case
Unfortunately, there is no set formula or standardized list of damages you could pursue after losing a loved one. Our wrongful death lawyers will evaluate your case and estimate a value for compensation purposes. Some factors included in our calculations include:
- Your family member’s age at the time of their passing
- Any future lost earning potential
- Their role in your family
- The circumstances that caused the death
The compensation we will fight for includes:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial costs, including future site upkeep
- Any out-of-pocket expense
- Any medical treatment given before your loved one’s passing
- Lost financial support, especially if the deceased was the primary support for the family
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium (this is the special type of loss, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is a wrongful death victim), and parent nurturing and guidance
New York does not limit the compensation you could seek in a wrongful death case. Our team will fight to gain every available means of compensation for your family.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Fight for Your Family
With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. fighting for your compensation, your family will have few worries. Our team knows the laws regarding wrongful death, filing deadlines, and negotiations. We will not stop fighting for your family until the final resolution of your claim.
Our team could assist you in various languages, including Spanish, Kannada, Greek, Bengali, and Tamil. Please call for your free case evaluation. Our team will answer your questions and explain how the claims process works.