If you have suffered a neck injury after an accident that you believe someone else caused, you could be eligible to recover economic and non-economic damages. These injuries can have severe side effects and could be difficult to recover from. As such, victims will potentially need a tremendous amount of medical attention, which will ultimately lead to substantial bills.
Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we represent neck injury victims whose lives changed forever simply because someone failed to conduct themselves in a careful manner. Instead, by being careless in a way that resulted in injury to another person, they have changed that injured person’s life in ways that have caused pain and loss. When you retain a Levittown neck injury lawyer from our firm, we will dedicate our time, resources, and focused energy to protecting and asserting your rights to compensation.
To better understand your case, our firm would like to offer you a free, no-obligation case review.
In This Article
- Actionable Causes of Neck Injuries and Recoverable Damages
- Symptoms of Serious Neck Injuries
- Determining a Monetary Value for Pain and Suffering
- Neck Injury Attorneys Ready to Fight for Your Rights in Levittown
- You Have a Limited Time to Act
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today for a Free Consultation
Actionable Causes of Neck Injuries and Recoverable Damages
Every year, thousands of Americans suffer from neck injuries. These could occur for a wide variety of reasons, some of which are related to negligent actions. While most neck injuries occur from motor vehicle accidents, they can also occur due to:
- Construction accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Slip and falls
- Improper construction of sidewalks or staircases
- Bicycle accidents
- Car or motorcycle accidents
Depending on your case, you could be able to recover damages for:
- Medical costs: Including the cost of ongoing treatment and care. Any medical visits, hospitalizations, or medications you have to take because of your injuries from the accident can be included in your claim. This also includes any rehabilitative services if you need physical or occupational therapy.
- Lost wages and benefits: If you were out of work or cannot return to work in the same capacity because of your neck injury, lost wages can be included in your claim. Our attorneys will calculate the projected amount of future lost earnings.
- Necessary accommodations for your injuries: This includes specialized vehicles, modified staircases, and wheelchairs.
- Property damage stemming from the accident: If your car or other property was damaged, you can include the repair or replacement of each piece of property.
- Expenses related to psychological therapy services: Many people who are in accidents could suffer from some type of emotional distress. If you have anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleep issues after your accident, you could add the expenses for psychological therapy to your claim.
- Overall pain and suffering: If you suffer from physical pain or anguish, this can be included in your claim. This also includes mental anguish, which you could experience currently or in the future. Since this is a non-economic loss, our attorneys will calculate the value of your pain and suffering damages.
- Nursing home or respite care: If you have to be placed in a nursing home or receive long-term rehabilitation care and services in some other setting because of your injuries, any costs associated with those services could be included in your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Symptoms of Serious Neck Injuries
While it could be impossible to ignore the symptoms of some serious neck injuries—such as paralysis and nerve damage—other injuries could only appear gradually as the symptoms worsen. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), there are a few questions you should ask yourself when you are concerned about a neck injury:
- Are you feeling numbness or pain from your neck down to your shoulders, arms, and legs?
- Do your symptoms include vomiting, light sensitivity, or fever?
- Are you experiencing a throbbing pain or numbness in your shoulder and arm?
- Is your neck stiff, and do you have trouble moving it without experiencing pain?
- Is there a tender area or a knot in your neck or upper shoulders that is causing pain in your head, temples, or neck?
If you are experiencing anything out of the ordinary after a serious accident, you need to seek immediate medical attention. Not only will this medical attention allow you to receive the treatment you need to recover, but it will also provide you with important evidence that will be relevant and necessary to support your case.
To prove the extent of your pain and suffering, you will need medical documentation of the diagnosis and treatment for your ailments. This evidence could allow your neck injury attorney to prove your case and assign a value to your damages.
Levittown Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Determining a Monetary Value for Pain and Suffering
When you retain a Levittown neck injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our team will use several methods to assign a value to your case. To better reflect your hardships, we will gather proof of your economic losses—such as medical bills, receipts, as well as records of past and post-accident actual and anticipated lost earnings—in order to get a clearer perspective on the financial hardships you have faced after your accident.
These pieces of evidence will not be available for non-economic losses, as there is no universal monetary value associated with mental anguish and physical pain. To address this, our attorneys bring to bear their knowledge and experience in handling neck injury cases. Generally, courts follow precedent. We know what amounts courts have found—and, when contested, upheld—as awards for different injuries.
These results must be viewed with a critical eye to build the most compelling argument as to why a given injury victim is a plaintiff who deserves a higher award, not a lower award. Under the appropriate circumstances, we are prepared to argue why our client deserves monetary compensation that exceeds precedent.
Our Attorneys Pay Attention to Each Detail in Your Case
Even though many cases settle, our experience has shown that the best results are obtained in a settlement by preparing cases as if they will be tried before a judge and jury. Insurance carriers and the defense counsel they hire are aware of case value precedents as well—and raise the strongest arguments they can to pay claimants and plaintiffs the least they can, or even nothing if they can get away with it.
This is where hyper-attention to detail comes into play. We work tirelessly to prepare the very strongest case. Our paramount goal is to win the best possible results for our clients.
Neck Injury Attorneys Ready to Fight for Your Rights in Levittown
We have proudly served victims on Long Island and in the New York metropolitan area since 1991, and we continue to meet clients in these areas today. Over the years, we have expanded to serve victims in multiple languages for our clients’ convenience.
When you retain a Levittown neck injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will provide multiple legal services to handle your case. This will include:
- Keeping you updated about your case
- Performing an investigation into your case to identify the liable parties
- Communicating with others involved in the proceedings
- Gathering evidence to support your claim
- Assigning a value for your case
Additionally, if we take your case to court, we will call upon expert witnesses to testify about your case, including, as needed, economists, life care planners, vocational rehabilitation experts, and medical experts.
Testimonials From Our Past Clients
Many of our past clients have been extremely pleased with the results we obtained as well as the service we provided, in the accident injury cases that they entrusted to us. Testimonials from our past clients include the following:
- “They’re great people, they’re honest, they care about you…it’s like a friendship.” –Doug
- “This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional, and client-friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.” –Moulton
- “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. helped my wife and me when we were in a car accident. I’m glad we were referred to this firm. They kept us up to date on the status of our case and helped us get compensation for our medical bills and time lost from work. Thank you so much for your help!” –Donny
For more information about what past clients have said about our firm, visit our testimonials page.
We Have Recovered Millions in Past Neck Injury Cases
Attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are experienced in handling neck injury claims. Our past results in neck injury cases include:
- $2.6 million was recovered in a construction accident that resulted in an injury to the neck and foot.
- $950,000 was recovered in a truck accident case where a truck driver injured their neck when they were struck by a falling pipe.
- $650,000 was recovered in a truck accident case when a woman was hit by a truck and sustained a neck and shoulder injury.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Time to Act
Before moving forward with any legal claims, you should know that there is a finite amount of time to file a claim under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214. Once the deadline has passed, you will not be able to receive compensation for your injury. You should also know that while §214 referenced above is the most frequently applicable statute of limitations, a shorter one may apply to your case. We will be glad to provide a free case analysis so you know where you stand.
In addition to the legal deadline of the applicable statute of limitations, practical time considerations apply to all cases as well. For example, obtaining evidence such as witness statements and surveillance and dashcam video should be done as soon as possible. Delay can lead to these potentially important items becoming unavailable for a wide variety of reasons.
Reaching out to an experienced, dedicated neck injury lawyer right away is the most prudent course of action to preserve and assert your rights most effectively.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered from a neck injury at the fault of someone else, our attorneys will fight for your right to receive compensation. We will work hard so you can reach a financial recovery. We know these types of accidents can change your life instantly and the person responsible should be held accountable.
We don’t want you to handle your claim alone. Our attorneys have dealt with insurance companies and know how to reach an appropriate settlement. With decades of experience, our attorneys will work tirelessly so you receive the compensation you deserve. To get started with your free consultation and case review today, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative.