If you have suffered a neck injury after an accident that you believe someone else caused, you may be eligible to recover economic and non-economic damages. These injuries can have severe side effects and may be difficult to recover from. As such, victims will potentially need a tremendous amount of medical attention, which will ultimately lead to substantial bills.
Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we represent neck injury victims whose lives changed forever, simply because someone failed to maintain their duty of care. When you retain a Levittown neck injury lawyer from our firm, we will dedicate our time, resources, and focused energy to protecting and asserting your rights to compensation.
To better understand your case, our firm would like to offer you a free, no-obligation case review. To begin with a complimentary consultation, contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative at (516) 932-0400.
In This Article
- Actionable Causes of Neck Injuries and Recoverable Damages
- Symptoms of Serious Neck Injuries
- Determining a Monetary Value for Pain and Suffering
- Neck Injury Attorneys Ready to Fight for Your Rights in Levittown
Actionable Causes of Neck Injuries and Recoverable Damages
Every year, thousands of Americans suffer from neck injuries. These may occur for a wide variety of reasons, some of which are related to negligent actions. While most neck injuries occur from motor vehicle accidents, they can also occur due to:
- Construction accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Slip and falls
- Defective products
- Sports-related accidents
- Improper construction of sidewalks or staircases
- Window washing accidents
Depending on your case, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical costs, including the cost of ongoing treatment and care
- Lost wages and benefits, including for projected losses in the future
- Necessary accommodations for your injuries, such as specialized vehicles, modified staircases, and wheelchairs
- Property damage stemming from the accident
- Expenses related to physical rehabilitation and psychological therapy services
- Overall pain and suffering, including mental anguish in the future
- Nursing home or respite care
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Symptoms of Serious Neck Injuries
While it may be impossible to ignore the symptoms of some serious neck injuries—such as paralysis and nerve damage—other injuries may only appear gradually as the symptoms worsen. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), there are a few questions you should ask yourself when you are concerned about a neck injury:
- Are you feeling numbness or pain from your neck down to your shoulders, arms, and legs?
- Do your symptoms include vomiting, light sensitivity, or fever?
- Are you experiencing a throbbing pain or numbness in your shoulder and arm?
- Is your neck stiff, and do you have trouble moving it without experiencing pain?
- Is there a tender area or a knot in your neck or upper shoulders that is causing pain in your head, temples, or neck?
If you are experiencing anything out of the ordinary after a serious accident, you need to seek immediate medical attention. Not only will this medical attention allow you to receive the treatment you need to recover, but it can also provide you with important evidence that will be relevant and necessary to support your case.
In order to prove the extent of your pain and suffering, you will need medical documentation of the diagnosis of and treatment for your ailments. This evidence can help your neck injury attorney to prove your case and assign a value to your damages.
Levittown Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Determining a Monetary Value for Pain and Suffering
When you retain a Levittown neck injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our team will use several methods to assign a value to your case. To better reflect your hardships, we will gather proof of your economic losses—such as medical bills and receipts, as well as records of past and post-accident actual and medically supported anticipated lost earnings,—so we can get a clearer perspective on the financial hardships you have faced after your accident.
These pieces of evidence will not be available for non-economic losses, as there is no universal monetary value associated with mental anguish and physical pain. To address this, our attorneys bring to bear their knowledge and experience in handling neck injury cases. Generally, courts follow precedent. We are knowledgeable as to what amounts courts have found and, when contested, upheld, as awards for different injuries. These results must be viewed with a critical eye to build the most compelling argument as to why a given injury victim is like the plaintiff in cases with a higher award and unlike the plaintiff in cases with lower awards. Under the appropriate circumstances, we are prepared to argue why our client deserves monetary compensation that exceeds precedent.
Even though many cases settle, our experience has shown that the best results are obtained in settlement by preparing cases as if they will be tried before a judge and jury. Insurance carriers and the defense counsel they hire are aware of case value precedents as well and raise the strongest arguments they can to pay claimants and plaintiffs the least they can or even nothing if they can get away with it. This is where hyper-attention to detail comes into play. We work tirelessly to prepare the very strongest case. Our paramount goal is to win the best possible results for our clients,.
To learn more about calculating damages in New York, contact a representative at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 today to receive a complimentary case review.
Neck Injury Attorneys Ready to Fight for Your Rights in Levittown
We have proudly served victims on Long Island and in the New York metropolitan area since 1991, and we continue to meet clients in these areas today. Over the years, we have expanded to serve victims in multiple languages for our clients’ convenience.
When you retain a Levittown neck injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will provide multiple legal services to handle your case. This will include:
- Keeping you updated about your case.
- Performing an investigation into your case to help identify the liable parties.
- Communicating with others involved in the proceedings.
- Gathering evidence to support your claim.
- Assigning a value for your case.
Additionally, if we take your case to court, we will call upon expert witnesses to testify about your case, including, as needed, economists, life care planners, vocational rehabilitation experts, and medical experts.
Before moving forward with any legal claims, you should know that there is a finite amount of time to file a claim under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214. To get started with your free consultation and case review today, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative at (516) 932-0400.