If you have suffered a neck injury after an accident, you may be eligible to recover damages under New York State law. When injuries occur due to another person’s negligence, a Uniondale neck injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can be there to help fight for compensation.
Our attorneys are dedicated to protecting victims of careless and reckless conduct that leads to injury. We provide a variety of legal services that can help you get through this difficult time in your life. To get started on your case, reach out today so our team can begin learning more about your accident and advise you as to your options.
Contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative today at (516) 932-0400 to receive your free consultation.
In This Article
- Types of Recoverable Damages for Neck Injury Victims
- Methods We Can Use to Assign a Value to Your Case
- Potentially Actionable Neck Injury Accidents
- Comparative Negligence in New York State
- Neck Injury Attorneys Fighting for Victims in Uniondale
Types of Recoverable Damages for Neck Injury Victims
According to statistics cited by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), more than 806,000 neck injuries occur in motor vehicle accidents every year in America. However, many other neck injuries occur in workplace accidents, slip and fall cases, defective products, and other acts of negligence.
As neck injuries can be more traumatic than other wounds, there are unique damages to consider in these cases. Not only do these accidents have the potential to cause devastating physical impairments, but neck injuries can also result in severe mental anguish and financial hardships. In fact, neck injuries result in $5.8 billion in treatment costs every year.
Damages in these cases fall into the two distinct categories of economic and non-economic losses. These may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages, including the projected loss of income and benefits moving forward
- Necessary accommodations, such as wheelchairs, modified staircases, and various medical devices
- Property damage related to the accident
- The cost of rehabilitation and therapy services
- Expenses related to ongoing care and treatment
- Pain and suffering, including any physical and mental anguish you have endured and will endure in the future
- Nursing home, in-home, or respite care
For a free legal consultation with a neck injury lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
Methods We Can Use to Assign a Value to Your Case
If you choose to retain a Uniondale neck injury lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our attorneys will document your pain and suffering so we can work to assign a value to your case.
While we can assess economic damages by gathering bills, invoices, and pay stubs, non-economic damages may be harder to quantify. To reflect the true extent of your pain and suffering, our attorneys will gather every piece of relevant evidence as to your injuries, from the technical descriptions in your medical records to your account of how the accident changed your life, what your restrictions and limitations were, are now and what they are expected to be. We will then carefully compare all this information with the history of what similar cases have settled for and what verdict dollar amounts have been upheld by appellate courts, (i.e., courts that review the verdicts of trial courts when a dissatisfied party files an appeal,) and what verdict dollar amounts have been reduced. Although the legal system is built upon the principle that precedents (i.e., prior decisions in similar cases,) establish authority as to how subsequent cases should be decided, (this is to create predictability for people seeking guidance as to how to conduct their affairs,) depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we will not hesitate to ask a court to award you or, if before an appellate court, uphold, a monetary award that exceeds what precedent might indicate at first blush. Winning the best possible outcome for you is our paramount goal and everything we do is in service of that goal.
We address every victim’s needs on a case by case basis. To learn more about recoverable damages in Uniondale, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. representative today to receive your free consultation at (516) 932-0400.
Uniondale Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Potentially Actionable Neck Injury Accidents
While many neck injuries occur in motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle crashes, they are not the only way to suffer such injuries. Other common causes of neck injuries can include, but may not be limited to:
- Construction accidents, including those falling objects, forklift malfunctions, improper demolition, defective tools, and more
- Slip and falls from hazards on another person’s property
- Window washing accidents
- Burns from fires
- Injuries resulting from explosions
- Sports-related accidents
Ultimately, whenever someone causes you to suffer injuries, even if they did not directly intend to, they may be liable for your pain and suffering. In fact, many more accidents occur due to negligence, rather than through malice.
Comparative Negligence in New York State
In accordance with New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §1411, you may still be eligible to recover damages even if you fail to take reasonable measures to prevent your injuries. However, this may reduce your settlement by the amount of fault you displayed.
For example, if you receive $20,000 in an injury settlement, but you were 25% liable for your accident, your settlement may fall to $15,000. To assist you during your legal battle, our firm will attempt to prove the other party’s liability in a variety of ways. Depending on the nature of your accident, this may include:
- Gathering police reports
- Reviewing accident reports from your employer
- Obtaining eyewitness statements
- Examining photos and videos detailing the accident scene or the extent of your injuries
- Documenting the physical evidence
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Neck Injury Attorneys Fighting for Victims in Uniondale
Here at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we aim to protect and assert your rights after suffering injuries due to someone else’s negligence. A Uniondale neck injury lawyer from our firm will fight for the compensation you deserve by:
- Providing updates on your case
- Working to identify the liable parties
- Communicating with other parties for you
- Gathering evidence
- Determining a value for your case
- Calling upon expert witnesses to testify to their findings if your case goes to court, including economists, vocational rehabilitation experts, life care planners, and medical experts
If you want to learn more about our services, our firm works with clients in several different languages, and we will gladly meet with you personally on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area.
Before taking legal action, you should keep in mind that you have a limited time to file a claim under CVP § 214. To get started with your free consultation today, contact a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team member at (516) 932-0400.