If you sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident caused by a property owner’s negligence, you deserve compensation.
A Uniondale slip and fall accident and injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will investigate your accident, identify who is liable, and negotiate with insurers and/or litigate your case in court to see that you recover damages. For a free initial consultation, call 516-932-0400 today.
In This Article
- Slip and Trip and Fall Accidents Are Caused by a Wide Range of Hazards
- Typical Injuries that Result from Slip and Fall Accidents
- The Duty to Keep a Property Safe Falls on its Owner
- Our Uniondale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Will Prove Negligence
- We Will Investigate and Document Your Accident to Collect Hard Evidence
- Calculation of Damages Backed by Powerful Expert Opinion and Hard Facts
- You Have Limited Time to Pursue Legal Action
- A Uniondale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Brings You Peace of Mind
Slip and Trip and Fall Accidents Are Caused by a Wide Range of Hazards
Slip and fall accidents can result from any number of oversights.
Some common causes for this type of accident include the following:
- Cluttered walkways
- Broken handrails and loose stair treads on stairways
- Unsecured electrical cables/cords
- Spills, rain, mud, or snow that create slippery floors
- Parking lot potholes
- Inadequate lighting
- Unstable flooring (loose tiles, area rugs, etc.)
- Cracks in and otherwise uneven sidewalks
- Unmarked curbs
- Failure to follow safety codes
Our Uniondale slip and fall accident and injury lawyers accept these and any type of cases related to being injured in a fall on the property of someone who should have taken steps to prevent the accident.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Uniondale, call 516-932-0400
Typical Injuries that Result from Slip and Fall Accidents
Approximately 20 percent of slip and fall injuries result in moderate to severe injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Injuries that result from a fall include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Hip fractures
- Shoulder injuries
- Fractures and sprains
Whatever type of injury you sustained in your slip and fall, the injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will determine the value of your injuries and devise a strategy for having the property owner or other liable party compensate you to the maximum extent possible.
Uniondale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
The Duty to Keep a Property Safe Falls on its Owner
Property owners owe a duty of care to the people who visit. They must ensure all areas of the site are free of hazards that are actually known or reasonably foreseeable.
Should the property owner discover a situation that may compromise visitors’ safety, the property owner must remedy the hazard in a reasonable amount of time, and in the interim, contain the danger and post warnings and/or otherwise take steps to prevent people from being put in harm’s way.
When a property owner does not uphold their duty of care, you have the right to sue if you get hurt on their property.
Our Uniondale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Will Prove Negligence
To recover compensation for your injuries, we must prove negligence. This undertaking involves several steps, all of which are required elements of your case, as mandated by personal injury law. The components comprise a legal principle called “duty of care,” and they require that we prove:
- The property owner knew of the existing danger or should have known of it.
- The property owner failed to remedy the danger.
- The hazard resulted in an accident that caused your injuries.
- You sustained physical, financial, and emotional damages as a result.
Our legal team will gather evidence from every crevice of your case to build a compelling argument of negligence and liability, calculated to win compensation for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Investigate and Document Your Accident to Collect Hard Evidence
The evidence we will use to support our claim of negligence and develop your case for damages will come from a variety of sources:
- Eyewitness accounts
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Maintenance records from the property
- Medical records
- Employer wage statements
- History of accidents at the property
- Police reports
- Records that prove property ownership
- Footage from surveillance video cameras
The effect of the evidence sources mentioned above is amplified when, under the appropriate circumstances, paired with documented opinions from a range of experts. These opinions will serve to build out, not only our proof of negligence, but also your list of damages that we will present to insurers and/or to a civil court.
Some of the experts with which we will discuss your case include:
- Lifecare planning
- Accident reconstruction
Calculation of Damages Backed by Powerful Expert Opinion and Hard Facts
Depending on your case, the types of damages we demand may be:
- Medical expenses
- Occupational therapy
- Lost wages
- Replacement services
- Physical therapy
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Prescription medicines
- Home modifications for accessibility
- Ongoing/future medical treatment
- Lost benefits
- Pain management
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
If your family member passed away due to the injuries they sustained in a slip and fall accident, we will pursue a wrongful death action on your behalf. Our attorneys will represent you and your loss with compassion. Call us today at 516-932-0400.
You Have Limited Time to Pursue Legal Action
You should be aware that New York imposes a statute of limitations on civil actions. You must file your case within a specified period of time after your slip and fall accident occurred. Additionally, there are time-deadlines related to prosecuting your case.
Our legal team will stay on top of the limitation period and the various deadlines and every other detail of your case. This affords you the peace of mind to focus on your physical recovery. The sooner we get started, the more time we have to build a winning case.
A Uniondale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Brings You Peace of Mind
Our Uniondale slip and fall accident and injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning we never collect a fee unless and until you receive your settlement or verdict compensation. With a multilingual team of professionals to assist you in Greek, Spanish, English, Kannada, Bengali, and Tamil, you know we can communicate with ease, and you will fully understand the work we are doing on your behalf.