You may deserve compensation if you sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident caused, in whole or in part, by another party’s negligence.
A Hicksville slip and fall accident and injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you get it.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
In This Article
- Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Cases We Handle
- How a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer Can Assist You
- Proving Liability for a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident Claim
- Calculating the Amount of Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim
- Consult a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer at No Cost
Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Cases We Handle
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers help victims recover compensation for physical, financial, and emotional damages sustained in a slip, trip, or fall accident.
Among the most common causes of slip and fall injuries are:
- Cracked, broken, or otherwise uneven, sidewalks or walkways
- Poorly lit areas
- Broken or missing handrails
- Unmarked curbs
- Water spills and leaks
- Cables and cords in walkways
- Uncleared ice and snow
- Unsecured floor mats and rugs
Property owners must maintain their property in a reasonable manner and not in an unreasonably unsafe manner that does not pose an unreasonable risk of harm to others. If a hazard develops, the property owner must resolve it within a reasonable time. Until the problem is resolved, they must take reasonable steps to alert others to avoid the hazard.
If a property owner was or should have been aware of a hazard but failed to resolve it or provide a clear warning to others, they may be liable for damages related to a slip and fall injury.
The personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have helped accident victims recover damages since 1991. We can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injury.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
How a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer Can Assist You
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are compassionate advocates for accident victims. We provide full-service legal representation tailored to your needs and the details of your case.
Our services include:
Providing Information and Updates on Your Case
Our legal team is always available to answer questions, provide updates, and alert you to important developments in your case.
Identifying Fault and Proving Liability
Our team will identify the party or parties that contributed to or caused your accident. We will establish liability for your damages by demonstrating that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care but breached it and caused your injury.
Communicating on Your Behalf
We communicate with all parties on your behalf, including other lawyers, insurance companies, and others. By relieving you of this obligation, we shield you from attempts to dupe you into making statements that could adversely prejudice your claim. This will also permit you to focus on your medical treatment and recovery.
Investigating and Documenting Your Case
We investigate your case and obtain documentation to support your claim. By building a well-documented case, we provide the best chance of recovering the maximum compensation for your damages.
Determining the Value of Your Claim
To determine the value of your claim, we identify all economic and non-economic damages you incurred in your slip and fall accident and document each one accordingly.
You have a limited time to pursue legal action for a slip and fall accident and injury case. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible to protect your right to recover compensation for your injuries. The sooner we can start working on your case, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest possible case for you.
See What Previous Slip and Fall Clients Say About Our Law Firm
Our client-centered law firm works hard to ensure every client has the best possible experience in a responsive, supportive environment. Our client testimonials page contains reviews like these:
- “ I don’t think that any of us were fully aware of all the trials and tribulations that would arise as a result of my fall and subsequent injuries…You never once wavered or “backed down” from seeking justice for us…thank you…for all you have done for us”.
- “They treated us like family…great communication from the very first phone call…fought tooth and nail for my daughter…I will most definitely be telling family and friends about this Law firm…thank you for a great job.”
Every client we represent deserves individual attention and support. We 100% reject taking a “cookie-cutter approach” to prosecuting cases. We choose to tailor our services and our work on every case to the needs of that particular client. Our clients can rest assured that we will never stop fighting for the best possible outcome for them.
Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Proving Liability for a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident Claim
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team will identify the party responsible for your slip and fall injury. We establish liability by demonstrating the elements of a personal injury claim:
Duty of Care: The defendant had an obligation to take reasonable action to prevent harm.
Breach of Duty: The defendant, through careless or negligent actions, breached their duty of care to you.
Causation: By breaching their duty of care, the defendant caused the slip and fall accident in which you sustained injuries.
Damages: The defendant is liable for all physical, emotional, and economic damages you incurred.
We support our conclusions with evidence and documentation that may include:
- Accident scene photos and video footage
- Police accident reports, police incident reports and accident reports generated by the business or other entity responsible for the area where the fall took place
- Statements from witnesses
- Property ownership records
- Medical records
- Wage and income statements
To support our conclusions and strengthen your case, our Hicksville slip and fall accident and injury lawyers may obtain expert opinions, including:
- Medical Experts: To confirm the nature and extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery
- Economists: To confirm your potential loss of income, benefits, and opportunities over time
- Lifecare Planners: To establish your long-term needs for physical, psychological, and rehabilitation needs and their associated costs
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists: To verify your inability to return to work due to your injuries and identify how your injuries will affect your ability to work in the future
- Accident Reconstruction Experts: To support our findings of fault and liability for your accident and injuries
Click to contact our Hicksville Personal Injury Lawyers today
Calculating the Amount of Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team will identify the damages you incurred due to your slip and fall accident. They may include:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Hospital stays and surgeries
- Medical tests
- Prescription drugs
- Assistive and mobility devices
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost income and benefits
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If you require additional treatment or long-term care, or if your injuries will prevent you from returning to work for some time, we may also include the following in your claim:
- Estimated future medical care costs
- Estimated future lost income, benefits, and opportunities
- Diminished earning capacity
If your accident caused permanent damage, disability, or disfigurement, our legal team will also include those values in your claim.
If a loved one died from injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident, please accept our sincere heartfelt condolences. If such a tragic event is what has led you to this page, we can help you file a wrongful death action. We consider it a privilege to represent the surviving family members of wrongful death victims. We will fight relentlessly to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves. Contact us today for a patient, compassionate and comprehensive case review. We will break down your options and make suggestions based on our more than 30 years’ experience.
Calculating How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit in Hicksville
When we represent you after a fall due to negligence, one of our goals is to ensure you have time to file a lawsuit in the event that your case cannot be resolved with an insurance settlement.
In New York, you have a limited time to settle your case or file a lawsuit. Failing to comply with this time restriction can be costly because it can leave you without a legal avenue to compel the at-fault party to compensate you. Accordingly:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is defined according to New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214. The clock starts running on the date of your fall.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is defined according to Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. The clock starts running on the date of a loved one’s demise, even if it differs from the date of their fall.
- Certain factors may indicate that a shorter statute of limitations applies. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can advise you accordingly during a free case review.
A slip and fall accident can leave you with serious injuries. When our team handles the legalities of your case for you, you can focus your time and energy on your physical recovery, which can be taxing and demanding.
You Do Not Have to Wait to Hold the At-Fault Party Liable for Your Damages
The sooner you put our law firm to work for you, the more time we have to investigate your case and collect supporting evidence. People injured in slip and fall accidents might delay pursuit of the at-fault party for several reasons. These include:
- Not knowing how to start preparing a case
- Unawareness of the state’s filing deadline
- Fear of adding to an accident’s costs
When you turn to our personal injury law firm for assistance, we will not delay your case. The costs of building a lawsuit should not cause you to delay, either, because we will represent you on a contingency fee basis.
Our firm will see to it that all upfront costs are paid, including filing and consultation fees and investigative costs, and you will never have an out-of-pocket expense or fee. This beneficial fee agreement means fighting for compensation will not cost you anything until your case is resolved.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer at No Cost
When you choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent you in a slip and fall claim, we will handle every aspect of your case. You focus on your recovery and plan for the future.
We offer a free consultation, and we never collect a fee unless and until you recover compensation for your injuries. Our team can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Call us today for your free case review.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form