You may deserve compensation if you sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident caused, in whole or in part, by another party’s negligence.
Contact us today at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation.
In This Article
- Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Cases We Handle
- How a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer Can Assist You
- Proving Liability for a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident Claim
- Calculating the Amount of Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim
- Consult a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer at No Cost
Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Cases We Handle
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers help victims recover compensation for physical, financial, and emotional damages sustained in a slip, trip, or fall accident.
Among the most common causes of slip and fall injuries are:
- Poorly lit areas
- Broken or missing handrails
- Unmarked curbs
- Water spills and leaks
- Cables and cords in walkways
- Uncleared ice and snow
- Unsecured floor mats and rugs
- Cracked, broken, or otherwise uneven, sidewalks or walkways
Property owners must maintain their property in a reasonable manner and not pose a risk of harm to others. If a hazard develops, the property owner must resolve it within a reasonable time. Until the problem is resolved, they must take reasonable steps to alert others to avoid the hazard.
If a property owner was or should have been aware of a hazard but failed to resolve it or provide a clear warning to others, they may be liable for damages related to a slip and fall injury.
The personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have helped accident victims recover damages since 1991. We can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injury.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
How a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer Can Assist You
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we are compassionate advocates for accident victims. We provide full-service legal representation tailored to your needs and the details of your case.
Our services include:
Providing Information and Updates on Your Case
Our legal team is always available to you to answer questions, provide updates, and alert you to important developments in your case.
Identifying Fault and Proving Liability
Our team will identify the party or parties that contributed to or caused your accident. We will establish liability for your damages by demonstrating that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care but breached it and caused your injury.
Communicating on Your Behalf
We communicate with all parties on your behalf, including other lawyers, insurance companies, and others. By relieving you of this obligation, we shield you from attempts to dupe you into making statements that could adversely prejudice your claim. This will also permit you to focus on your medical treatment and recovery.
Investigating and Documenting Your Case
We investigate your case and obtain documentation to support your claim. By building a well-documented case, we provide the best chance of recovering the maximum compensation for your damages.
Determining the Value of Your Claim
To determine the value of your claim, we identify all economic and noneconomic damages you incurred in your slip and fall accident and document each one accordingly.
You have a limited time to pursue legal action for a slip and fall accident and injury claim. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible to protect your right to recover compensation for your injuries. The sooner we can start working on your case, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest possible case for you.
Hicksville Slip and Fall Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Proving Liability for a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident Claim
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team will identify the party responsible for your slip and fall injury. We establish liability by demonstrating the elements of a personal injury claim:
Duty of Care: The defendant had an obligation to take reasonable action to prevent harm.
Breach of Duty: The defendant, through careless or negligent actions, breached their duty of care to you.
Causation: By breaching their duty of care, the defendant caused the slip and fall accident in which you sustained injuries.
Damages: The defendant is liable for all physical, emotional, and economic damages you incurred.
We support our conclusions with evidence and documentation that may include:
- Accident scene photos and video footage
- Police and accident reports
- Statements from witnesses
- Property ownership records
- Medical records
- Wage and income statements
To support our conclusions and strengthen your case, our Hicksville slip and fall accident and injury lawyers may obtain expert opinions including:
- Medical Experts: To confirm the nature and extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery
- Economists: To confirm your potential loss of income, benefits, and opportunities over time
- Lifecare Planners: To establish your long-term needs for physical, psychological, and rehabilitation needs and their associated costs
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists: To verify your inability to return to work due to your injuries and identify how your injuries will affect your ability to work in the future
- Accident Reconstruction Experts: To support our findings of fault and liability for your accident and injuries
Calculating the Amount of Your Slip and Fall Injury Claim
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team will identify the damages you incurred due to your slip and fall accident. They may include:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Hospital stays and surgeries
- Medical tests
- Prescription drugs
- Assistive and mobility devices
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost income and benefits
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If you require additional treatment or long-term care, or if your injuries will prevent you from returning to work for some time, we may also include the following in your claim:
- Estimated future medical care costs
- Estimated future lost income, benefits, and opportunities
- Diminished earning capacity
If your accident caused permanent damage, disability, or disfigurement, our legal team will also include those values in your claim.
If a loved one died from injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident, we can help you file a wrongful death action. Contact us today at 516-932-0400 for help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Consult a Hicksville Slip and Fall Accident & Injury Lawyer at No Cost
When you choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to represent you in a slip and fall claim, we will handle every aspect of your case. You focus on your recovery and plan for the future.
We offer a free consultation and we never collect a fee unless and until you recover compensation for your injuries. Our team can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
Call us today at 516-932-0400 for your free case review.