If you or someone you love was injured because of a dangerous or defective drug, the drug’s prescriber or manufacturer could bear financial liability for your injuries. Our personal injury law firm holds at-fault parties accountable for their actions. We will identify the drug that caused your injuries, prove the drug’s negative impact on your health, and assign a financial value to your case.
Navigating New York law is complicated without legal support. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers serving Hicksville, NY, will handle each step for you. For example, we calculate the medical care required for your recovery, your physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering, and your lost wages.
We also handle all case-related communication with the at-fault party and their insurance provider. You receive a free case review when you call.
- Damages We Pursue in Dangerous or Defective Drug Cases
- Identifying the At-Fault Party in Your Case
- Our Attorneys Will Build Your Defective Drug Case in Hicksville
- Call for a Free Consultation Today
Damages We Pursue in Dangerous or Defective Drug Cases
Recovering from injuries after consuming a dangerous or defective drug could take years. The drug might affect your physical and psychiatric health. In some cases, defective drugs lead to illnesses beyond the conditions our clients were trying to address.
When our team seeks financial recovery for you, we carefully assess the drug’s damages and request the following types of recoverable damages:
- Medical bills now and in the future
- Loss of income now and in the future
- Loss of future earnings
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Our team takes the physical and mental toll of defective drug injuries into account when assessing the value of pain and suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a Dangerous or Defective Drug lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
Identifying the At-Fault Party in Your Case
While you cope with a defective drug’s effects on your health, we focus on building a compelling compensation case. Based on the evidence we collect, fault and liability in your case could belong to:
- Your physician if your injuries occurred because they prescribed the wrong medication or medication dose to you
- The pharmacists who filled your prescription if your injuries occurred because of a dosage error or mislabeled medication
- The drug’s manufacturer if the drug that caused your injuries is being recalled or is found to have dangerous side effects
You do not have to identify the at-fault party on your own. Doing so could be complicated, requiring extensive research and consultations with health care and medication experts. Our team will handle this process for you and hold the at-fault party financially responsible for your current condition.
Why You Should Pursue the At-Fault Party Right Away
- Like all civil cases in the United States, your dangerous drug case has a statutory filing deadline that you must comply with. When you decide to seek compensation, the at-fault party’s identity and the nature and extent of harm suffered will play roles in the determination of the applicable statute of limitations: For example:The personal injury statute of limitations will apply if you or someone you love was harmed, per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations will apply if a loved one was fatally injured, per Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1.
- The medical malpractice statute of limitations will apply if a medical or prescription error caused your injuries. The medical malpractice statute of limitations is defined under New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A.
Investigating medication-based personal injury cases is complex and may take time. When you contact our team sooner rather than later, we have time to conduct a comprehensive investigation, gathering and analyzing all relevant evidence and ensure the statutory filing deadline is met.
Because determining the exact date of your injury is complex, we consult experts with the ability to determine the date of injury.
Hicksville Dangerous or Defective Drug Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Attorneys Will Build Your Defective Drug Case in Hicksville
We employ a multilingual staff, enabling us to assist clients in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. Our goal is to ensure our clients get the legal and emotional support they need as they seek compensation.
Our staff believes every client we represent deserves compassionate, responsive legal support and an outstanding client experience. As such, we will:
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
- Assign financial liability to the at-fault party
- Handle verbal, written, and electronic communication
- Compile evidence to support your compensation request
- Assign an appropriate monetary value to your case
In defective drug cases, testimony from expert witnesses can strengthen and bolster your case, so, as needed, we consult medical, pharmaceutical, and vocational rehabilitation specialists, economists, and life care planners.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our dangerous or defective drug lawyers leave no stone unturned when fighting for injured clients in Hicksville, NY.
Our client recommendations and reviews
Choosing a law firm to represent you when pursuing personal injury compensation can be difficult. To give you a sense of what our client experience is like, here are a few Google reviews about our firm:
- “The crews in this firm are very cooperative and very comfortable to speak with any issues. Amy and Lilian are the best. John is a very nice, humble, professional and a very caring person. I will recommend this Law Firm without any hesitation.” – Frank
- “I can’t say enough about Friedman and Simon, all of their personnel were very respectful, professional and kept it real with me throughout the whole process… if you’re looking for someone that’s going to keep it real and be professional in getting your case resolved I strongly recommend.” – Steven
You can learn more about the results we achieved for previous clients on our case results page and see how hard we fight for your monetary recovery.
Call for a Free Consultation Today
If you or someone you love suffered medication-related injuries in Hicksville, NY, our dangerous or defective drug lawyers will identify and pursue the at-fault party. Contact our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today for a complimentary case review: (516) 932-0400.