When you depend on medication to relieve troubling health symptoms, and it worsens your condition or leads to additional health concerns instead, you could be eligible for monetary recovery. Our team will manage your case, deal with the insurance company so you do not have to, and assign a financial value to your medical care, lost wages, and ongoing pain and suffering.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our dangerous or defective drug lawyers serving Levittown, NY, fight hard to build compelling cases for our clients. We will start by listening to your case with compassion and understanding and documenting the medication error’s impact on your life and ability to care for yourself. We also consult experts and see to it that all written, verbal, and electronic communications are handled, as well as ensure prompt filing of your case.
In This Article
- Calculating the Types and Amounts of Your Recoverable Damages
- Determining Who Is Responsible for Your Damages
- Your Case Is Subject to Filing Deadlines in Levittown, NY
- What It Means to Trust Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Represent You
- Call Our Personal Injury Team Today
Calculating the Types and Amounts of Your Recoverable Damages
Recovering from the physical damage of a dangerous or defective drug can require additional medication, surgical intervention, and lengthy physical and psychological therapy. Our case assessment team will fight for the following recoverable damages on your behalf:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses
- Current and ongoing loss of wages
- Pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and mental distress
- Lasting physical impairment
- Lasting physical disfigurement
When our attorneys calculate your damages, we assess their value based on the financial, physical, and mental harm they caused. Medical and pharmaceutical experts are also consulted as they can validate and strengthen your case.
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous or defective drug lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
Determining Who Is Responsible for Your Damages
In personal injury cases, you are entitled to seek compensation from the party whose negligence, recklessness, or carelessness caused your injuries. In dangerous drug cases, potentially liable parties include:
- Health care professionals
- Medical facilities
- Mental health professionals
- Pharmacies and pharmacists
- Drug manufacturers
We do not leave you to identify the at-fault party on your own. Our team will investigate your case to determine whether your injuries occurred due to a:
- Missed diagnosis
- Prescription error
- Medication error
- Dosage discrepancy
Our team of legal professionals will manage your case from beginning to end and work hard to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Levittown Dangerous or Defective Drug Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Your Case Is Subject to Filing Deadlines in Levittown, NY
When you pursue the at-fault party for financial recovery, the state will impose a filing deadline. It will determine how much time you have to file your lawsuit, which varies depending on the outcome of your injuries and their initial cause. For example, the applicable statute of limitations for a dangerous or defective drug could be:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214: The personal injury statute of limitations generally applies to those harmed by a dangerous medication.
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1: The wrongful death statute of limitations is relevant for the surviving family members of fatal injury victims
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214-A: The medical malpractice statute of limitations applies when a medical professional’s actions contributed to the injuries.
In cases like these, the effective date can be difficult to pinpoint – you may not remember the exact day you purchased or first took the medication. After investigating the case, our team will define the statute of limitations, determine when the statutory clock starts running, and explain the risks involved if the statute expires before you file a lawsuit.
What It Means to Trust Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Represent You
Patients injured by harmful drugs in Levittown, NY, are entitled to hold the contributing party accountable. We want to help you collect compensation from them for your injuries and related expenses. Our law firm’s dangerous or defective drug lawyers will build an effective case while:
- Providing you with timely updates
- Identifying all potentially liable parties
- Handling relevant case communication
- Compiling and organizing your evidence
- Determining the monetary value of your case
Expert witnesses will also be located and consulted with on your behalf. Your compensation case is of the greatest importance, so our team will never stop fighting for you or building a comprehensive evidence file.
We Will Handle the Negotiation Process
The evidence file we compile in most personal injury cases is more likely to lead to an insurance settlement than a trial. Our team will represent you during the settlement process by:
- Fielding each monetary offer
- Presenting each offer to you
- Advising you on its pros and cons
Ultimately, the final decision to accept or reject a settlement is yours to make. If you do not find any offers acceptable to cover your damages, our team will prepare your evidence for court and represent you throughout the trial process.
Our team is passionate about advocating for clients injured by dangerous or defective drugs. Our multilingual staff will offer to assist in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada or make arrangements to make you optimally comfortable if some other language is required.
See What Others Say About Working with Our Team
When clients turn to us for legal service and support, we go to bat for the compensation they deserve. Satisfied clients we have represented in the past have said:
- “I am truly impressed with the professionalism and integrity of this firm. I will highly recommend them to anyone as my experience was absolutely phenomenal. If I could give them a 10-star review, I would!” – Claudio Guzman
- “I wasn’t referred by anyone to this firm. I searched the web and read the reviews so I chose to make an appointment. I will say from day one it has been an amazing experience.” – William Whitaker
You can read more testimonials, recommendations, and referrals on our client reviews page and learn more about our commitment to providing an outstanding client experience.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Personal Injury Team Today
If you or someone you love in Levittown, NY, suffered health concerns due to a defective or dangerous medication, our lawyers will fight for your financial recovery. Find out how hard our law firm will fight for you by calling our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., today. Your free consultation awaits: (516) 932-0400.