The injuries you sustain in a bicycle accident can require extensive medical treatment and prevent you from going back to work or resuming your other usual activities of daily living. If another party caused your accident, you deserve compensation.
A Levittown bicycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will work to get you justice and recover the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
In This Article
- We Handle All Types of Levittown Bicycle Accident Cases
- How a Levittown Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Can Help
- Proving Fault & Liability for Your Levittown Bicycle Accident Case
- Recoverable Damages for Your Levittown Bicycle Accident Case
- Staying Safe While Riding a Bicycle
- Free Consultation for Levittown Bicycle Accident Cases
We Handle All Types of Levittown Bicycle Accident Cases
The injury lawyers of Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. assist clients injured in Levittown bicycle accidents. We protect your right to recover compensation for all your damages.
Bicycle accident cases we have handled for past clients include:
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Excessive speed
- Failure to yield
- Failure to notice cyclist
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal turns
- Road hazards
When you put your trust in a Levittown bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we handle every aspect of your case. This allows you to focus on your medical treatment and physical recovery. We investigate your case to identify the responsible party and prove liability. We establish the value of your claim and fight to maximize the compensation you receive for your injuries and related damages.
We understand all the concerns about the difficulty of obtaining the medical treatment you need after an injury accident, especially if your injuries keep you from working and paying your bills. Our legal team is determined to get you the resources you need. Call us to get started today.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Levittown, call 516-932-0400
How a Levittown Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Can Help
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has provided comprehensive legal representation for our clients, tailoring our services to fit the needs of each person we work with. We understand what it takes to obtain the best possible resolution for you.
Our team offers the following:
We stay in constant contact with you, providing answers and regular updates about your case. This way, you will:
- Always know what is going on with your case
- Have the knowledge to make the right decisions at each stage of your lawsuit
- Have the ability to ask us questions whenever and wherever they come to mind (we give clients their lawyer’s phone number for easy access)
Demonstrating Fault & Liability
We identify the party who caused your accident and establish the legal elements necessary to prove liability. In most bicycle accident cases, the liable party is the driver who hit you. An investigation will confirm this or bring to light another liable party, such as:
- A car part manufacturer whose faulty product contributed to the accident
- A road maintenance team who did not keep the roadway in good repair
- The government entity responsible for maintaining the roadway in good repair
Communicating on Your Behalf
We communicate with all parties on your behalf, including other lawyers and the insurance company.
Why is it so important to let a lawyer speak to the other parties for you? The defendant and everyone representing them will want to do everything possible to undermine your case. If you speak to them alone without a thorough understanding of your rights or the tactics they may use to trip you up, they could:
- Deliberately misinterpret your statements to make it seem like the accident was your fault
- Convince you to accept a settlement that is inadequate for your current or projected needs
- Try to claim that your injuries are not as bad as you say they are, or that you were already injured before the accident occurred
In addition to speaking with all relevant parties, we will fill out the necessary notifications and paperwork that keep your lawsuit moving. This saves you from having to do it yourself and, potentially, making an error that ends your lawsuit prematurely and loses your opportunity to make any monetary recovery for all the harm you have suffered. .
Documenting the Facts
We research your case and obtain evidence to build a strong, persuasive case for you. The earlier you contact us, the more time we have to find and interpret the evidence that could get you an appropriate settlement.
Establishing Value for Your Case
We identify all damages you suffered and provide evidence and information to support the value of your case. The more such evidence you have, the harder it will be for the insurance company to get away with undervaluing your claim.
We work tirelessly to get you the results you deserve. Our initial consultation is always free, and we never collect a fee unless and until you get compensation for your damages.
You have a limited time to take the necessary steps to protect all your rights when injured in a Levittown bicycle accident. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. as soon as possible to help preserve your right to pursue compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Levittown Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Proving Fault & Liability for Your Levittown Bicycle Accident Case
Our legal team will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident to establish liability for your damages. A successful case requires we prove the following elements:
Duty of Care
The at-fault party had a legal obligation to act reasonably to prevent harm. In car accident cases, this usually refers to a driver’s duty to keep an eye out for obstacles, maintain a safe rate of speed, and pay attention to traffic signs and signals. This duty of care extends to driving in a way that is safe with respect to pedestrians and bicyclists in or near the roadway.
Breach of Duty
Instead of acting reasonably, the at-fault party acted with negligence, recklessness, or carelessness, subjecting you to harm.
The at-fault party’s negligent or wrongful actions caused your bicycle accident.
You sustained economic, physical, and emotional damages.
To build our case, we obtain evidence such as:
- Police accident reports
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- Statements from witnesses
- Statements from other involved parties
- Photos of damage to your bicycle and to other vehicles in the accident
To further support your case, we may use the opinions of experts, such as accident reconstruction experts.
Recoverable Damages for Your Levittown Bicycle Accident Case
Bicycle accidents often lead to much more severe injuries than a typical car accident. This often leads to expensive medical bills and time off work. If another party caused your accident, you can recover compensation for all types of damages, such as:
- Emergency transport and medical care
- Physician and surgeon services
- Hospital and surgical costs
- Testing and imaging
- Medication and medical devices
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits
- Future medical care and treatment costs
- Future lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent injury
- Scarring or disfigurement
To support the value of your damages, our injury lawyers obtain evidence and documentation including:
- Medical records and billing statements
- Income records (tax returns, check stubs)
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
- Bicycle repair or replacement estimates
To help support your case and the value of your damages, we may use the opinions or testimony of experts, such as:
Medical experts: Medical experts provide opinions on the type and extent of the treatment you will need in the future.
Economic experts: Economic experts provide opinions on the future value of your lost wages and other economic damages you sustained.
Vocational rehabilitation experts: Vocational experts provide opinions on your ability to return to work and the type of rehabilitation you require to resume your job duties.
Lifecare experts: Lifecare experts provide opinions on personal care needs you may have if you sustained a disability or another type of permanent injury.
If a loved one died due to injuries sustained in a bicycle accident, our personal injury lawyers are ready to prosecute a wrongful death claim on your behalf. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for assistance.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Staying Safe While Riding a Bicycle
Per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are several steps bicyclists should take to protect themselves while on the road. These include:
- Wearing a well-fitted helmet
- Avoiding biking when it is dark out—or wearing bright, reflective clothing if you do go out in the dark
- Staying alert at all times
- Keeping your bike in good repair, and not riding a bike that has broken or worn-out parts
- Not drinking or taking drugs before you go out
Such measures will not always prevent accidents: you have no control over the reckless behavior of drivers who do not respect the rights of others. However, they could save your life, which would enable you to go home to your family and hold the careless driver accountable by filing a bicycle accident case against them.
Free Consultation for Levittown Bicycle Accident Cases
Our Levittown bicycle accident lawyers provide compassionate legal representation for clients struggling to recover from their injuries. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Our team can assist you in a variety of languages, including English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
For your free consultation, contact us now. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. never charges attorney’s fees until we get a settlement or jury award for our clients.