Bicycle accidents frequently cause severe injuries, requiring extensive medical treatment and preventing the injured bicyclist from working. If another party’s negligence caused the car accident that resulted in your injuries as you were riding a bicycle, you have the right to recover compensation for your damages.
A Hicksville bicycle accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understands the fear and stress you feel. Since 1991, we have empowered our New York clients to pursue legal action and get the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
For a free consultation, call us now. We are standing by to assist you.
In This Article
- We Accept All Types of Bicycle Accident Cases in Hicksville, NY
- How Working with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Benefits You
- Calculating Damages for a Bicycle Accident Claim
- What if a Bicycle Accident Is Fatal?
- You Have a Limited Time to File
- Free Consultation with a Member of Our Personal Injury Team
We Accept All Types of Bicycle Accident Cases in Hicksville, NY
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we assist clients who were injured in bicycle accidents because of another party’s actions. We provide personalized legal representation for our clients and fight for their right to recover compensation for their injuries.
Bicycle accidents occur for many reasons, including
- Road hazards
- Debris and obstructions
- Drunk drivers
- Aggressive drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Illegal turns
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to see a bicyclist
- “Dooring” (when a driver opens their door into a bicyclist’s path)
We investigate and document your claim, identifying fault and establishing liability. We handle your case from start to finish so that you can focus on your health and well-being. We fight for your right to compensation, including physical, emotional, and economic damages.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Hicksville, call 516-932-0400
How Working with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Benefits You
The personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. provide compassionate and aggressive representation for our injured clients. With more than 30 years of experience, we understand that every case and every client is unique. We will dedicate our resources to getting you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Our services include:
Providing Regular Updates and Communications
Our team provides you with regular updates and advises you of important developments in your case. We welcome and gladly answer your questions. We keep you apprised of our progress. When you have a concern at any point during your case, we encourage you to reach out to us phone or email.
Establishing Fault and Liability
We establish a strong basis for your case by identifying fault and proving liability for your damages. Identifying every party who caused or contributed to your accident helps ensure you recover the compensation you deserve.
In a bicycle accident case, the liable party may be:
- A driver who was not following the rules of the road when they hit you
- A maintenance team or the government agency that hired them to keep the roadway clear and in good repair
- A manufacturer of car parts or bicycle parts, if your bicycle or the other driver’s vehicle malfunctioned
Representing You in All Aspects of Your Case
We represent you in every aspect of your case and communicate with all parties on your behalf. This protects your legal rights and allows you to focus on your health and recovery.
Communicating with the liable party and their representatives is a delicate but essential part of any lawsuit. We can:
- Send official notification letters to all involved parties
- Take phone calls from the liable party’s insurance company
- Meet with an insurance adjuster in person or over the phone to negotiate an appropriate settlement
- Argue against the liable party’s representatives in a court of law
Gathering Evidence and Building a Persuasive Case
We obtain evidence and compile documentation to support your claim, allowing us to build a persuasive case on your behalf. A well-supported case helps us work toward a timely resolution and obtain the best possible result for you.
Calculating the Value of Your Claim
We identify your damages and document each component of your case to establish the value of your claim. We use our resources to support your claim for damages, including expert opinions and testimony, if necessary.
Deferring Our Attorney’s Fees
Our legal team will tailor our services to meet your needs and fight to obtain appropriate compensation for your bicycle accident injuries and damages. We offer a free consultation, and we never collect a fee unless and until you obtain compensation for your losses. When you choose our firm you will never have an out-of-pocket fee or expense related to the services we provide.
Instead of charging upfront fees or an hourly wage, we work for what is called a “contingency fee.” This means you can pay us a percentage of whatever compensation you receive instead of trying to figure out if you can afford one of our bicycle accident lawyers on your own.
Establishing Liability for a Bicycle Accident Case
We establish liability for your damages by first identifying the party (or parties) who caused or contributed to your bicycle accident
Once we establish fault, we will prove liability for your damages by demonstrating these key elements:
- The liable party had a legal responsibility to behave carefully (e.g., driving safely or maintaining the roadway) to keep people like you safe.
- The liable party did not fulfill that duty (e.g., they were speeding or allowed a traffic light to remain nonfunctional).
- The liable party’s breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Your injuries have caused you serious suffering and inconvenience and will continue to do so in the future.
To support your case, we obtain supporting documentation that could include:
- Accident scene photos and videos, including both surveillance and dashcam videos
- The police accident report
- Witness statements
We also solicit the opinions of experts that can support our findings of fault and liability.
Hicksville Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Calculating Damages for a Bicycle Accident Claim
We will determine the value of your claim by identifying the damages you suffered and obtaining documentation to support their value.
We may pursue damages that include:
- Emergency treatment
- Doctors’ visits
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Medical testing and imaging scans
- Prescription drugs
- Physical therapy
- Assistive devices
- Accessibility modifications for your home and car
- Lost income and benefits
- Damage to your bicycle
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Compensable non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Intellectual disability
- Physical disability
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring or disfigurement
If you require ongoing medical care and additional time away from work, we will include the projected costs of your future treatment needs and projected future lost income, opportunities, and benefits.
If you experienced disability, disfigurement, permanent injuries, or diminished capacity for work duties, we will include those values in your claim. We solicit opinions from medical, economic, and vocational rehabilitation experts as necessary to support the value of your claim.
We make sure to include both your current and projected damages because you are only allowed to sue for compensation once. We want you to get all the money you need and not be left “holding the bag” for future expenses.
What if a Bicycle Accident Is Fatal?
Bicycles offer minimal protection in case of an accident, so bicyclists involved in accidents are more likely to be injured or tragically, even killed, than those inside the vehicle that hits them.
On behalf of everyone at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we would like to express our condolences for your loss. We know this is a difficult time for you and your family, and we want to ensure you do not have to worry about recovering these losses:
- Funeral, burial, and other end-of-life expenses
- Loss of companionship, care, and guidance
- Loss of financial support, if you were at all dependent on the deceased
- Any damages your loved one would have been able to collect for themselves if they had survived
If a loved one passed away from the injuries they suffered in a bicycle accident, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will make a wrongful death claim. Contact us now for help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Time to File
If you wish to seek damages after a bicycle accident, it is important that you start the claims process as soon as possible. This is because:
- Personal injury victims must take legal action as prescribed by New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214.
- Wrongful death victims also must take legal action as set forth in Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1.
- Depending upon the facts of a given case, an even shorter statute of limitations may apply
- In addition to the statutes of limitations, claims and lawsuits are governed by other legal deadlines
- Evidence may be less valuable or harder to find if we collect it after a lot of time has passed since the collision. (For example, getting statements from witnesses who may have moved out of state or trying to find surveillance or dashcam video that has been deleted or lost.)
We understand how difficult it is to concentrate on complex legal matters when you are still trying to recover from an accident. While it is important to start your claim process quickly, we want to make this process easier on you by providing a free evaluation and managing your entire case from start to finish.
Free Consultation with a Member of Our Personal Injury Team
The Hicksville bicycle accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. understand that your case is unique. We tailor our legal services to meet your needs and the details of your injury accident. We will work hard to get the compensation you need for your damages.
Our legal team is multilingual, and we will help you in English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We will answer your questions and pursue legal action to recover your damages. For a free consultation, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today.