If you were involved in a bicycle accident caused by another party and sustained injuries, you deserve compensation for your injuries.
A Freeport bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will represent your case to insurers, lawyers, and, if necessary, a judge and jury in a court of law. We will establish the liability of the person who caused your bicycle accident and negotiate to recover your damages.
Call our office at 516-932-0400 for a no-charge, no-obligation consultation.
How Bicycle Accidents Happen in Freeport, NY
Common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- A motor vehicle driver does not see the bicyclist
- Debris and/or obstacles on the road
- “Dooring” – when a bicyclist crashes into an open car door
- A motor vehicle driver is speeding
- Driving while texting or otherwise distracted
- Driving while drunk or under the influence
- A motor vehicle driver does not accurately gauge the bicyclist’s speed
- Road rage
- Failure of the motor vehicle driver to yield right of way to the bicyclist
- Driving while fatigued
- Driver switches lanes without using turn signal
- A driver fails to see/check for bicyclist before turning
The Freeport injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. accept all types of bicycle accidents. We will do everything required to see that you recover damages for the injuries you have suffered.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Freeport, call 516-932-0400
Why Hiring a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Freeport, NY Makes Sense
A Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. lawyer for your Freeport, NY bicycle accident will cost you nothing upfront. You pay only when you get paid. Our legal team will do all the heavy lifting for your case by addressing every detail to win the best possible result for you, from investigating the cause, all the way to handing you a check for a settlement or award in your favor.
In between, you can expect us to do the following:
- Keep you updated of every step, benchmark, and milestone in your case
- Establish the party who is at fault for your crash and liable for your damages
- Communicate with witnesses, doctors, consultants, insurance companies, lawyers, and courts
- Investigate your accident and gather solid evidence to back your case
- Calculate the damages you have suffered and the amount to which you are entitled
When you hire Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., your only duty is to yourself—to use all the time we have freed up for you to attend your medical treatments, recover from your injuries and restore your life.
Freeport Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Establishing the Liable Party for Your Bicycle Accident
For an insurer or court to consider your case for damage recovery, you first must establish negligence. Your case must be able to support the following tenets:
- Duty of Care: The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to keep you from harm or injury.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant failed to fulfill a duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty caused your bicycle accident that caused your injuries.
- Damages: The bicycle accident resulted in damages — physical, financial, and emotional — for which you are demanding compensation.
These arguments comprise the foundation of your bicycle accident case. Our injury lawyers will establish each component in the series, using evidence we gather to prove their legitimacy.
We Shall Gather Compelling Evidence for Your Bicycle Accident Case
Our car accident lawyers will investigate the circumstances of your bicycle accident. The evidence we gather will prove several aspects of our case, including how the defendant’s breach of duty caused this collision. Evidence we will gather typically includes:
- Accounts/testimony from people who witnessed the accident
- Police accident reports
- Professional opinions from an accident reconstruction specialist
- Photos we take of the scene
- Photos taken by you and witnesses of the accident
- Videos we take and from nearby surveillance cameras
- Our own visit to the accident scene
To establish your damages, depending upon the unique circumstances of your case, we will gather:
- Your employment statements
- Records and receipts from physicians, surgeons, and other care providers
- Medical expert opinions
- An economist’s evaluation of the financial impact of your accident
- An occupational expert’s assessment of how your injuries affect and will continue to affect your ability to work
- A life planning specialist’s statement of other life-related consequences
- Opinion from a psychologist, stating how the incident damaged you emotionally
A Freeport bicycle accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will create meaningful layers of evidence that will build into a formidable case. The results will sway insurers, lawyers, or a judge and jury, to consider a favorable outcome for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Calculate Recoverable Damages Based on This Evidence
Bicycle accidents can yield severe injuries that are costly to treat. This treatment can take a long time, leaving you unable to work. Sometimes, the injuries are permanent, meaning you will no longer be able to perform your work duties. Damages to which you are entitled can include:
- Permanent injuries
- Lost wages/benefits
- Medical care and treatment
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Future medical costs
- Imaging and testing
- Replacement services
- Pain management prescriptions
- Diminished quality of life
- Prescription medicines
- Pain and suffering
- Ambulance transportation
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Surgeon’s fees/doctor’s fees
- Mental anguish
- Physical rehabilitation
If a bicycle accident caused the death of a loved one, we will file a wrongful death action on your behalf. We will proceed with compassion and dedication to recover the compensation you need and the justice your loved one deserves. We are ready to discuss this legal process with you in detail when you call us at 516-932-0400 for a no-cost, no-obligation case review and consultation.
NY Statute of Limitations Limits Your Time to Act on Your Bicycle Accident
New York imposes a statute of limitations that gives you a limited time after your bicycle accident in which to pursue legal action. Bicycle accident injury claims and lawsuits have other time-deadlines as well.
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is well-versed in New York statutes and personal injury law and how they might affect your case. Rest assured that we will make sure every aspect of your claim or lawsuit abide by these important time considerations. Please remember, the sooner you contact us, the greater our opportunity to build the strongest case possible for you.
We Stand Ready to Represent Your Right to Compensation. Call Us Today
Your Freeport bicycle accident lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will dig deeply for all the damages you have suffered, some you will suffer, and some you would never think to include–and fight for your right to recover them.
Members of our multilingual professional team speak English, Greek, Greek, Bengali, Spanish, or Kannada. Call us today for a free, no-obligation case review: 516-932-0400.