If a dog bit you, please see your doctor or other medical providers right away. According to the first aid guidelines for animal bites of the Mayo Clinic, you could be at risk for a serious infection or other complications. Some dog bites are so severe that emergency surgery is needed.
You could be entitled to compensation for damages if the dog’s owner did not take reasonable measures to prevent your injuries. For a free consultation on Long Island or in the greater New York area with a Freeport personal injury lawyer, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today at (516) 932-0400.
- Call a Dog Bite Lawyer With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
- Determining Liability in a Dog Bite Claim
- We Handle Your Claim for You
- The Types of Damages Commonly Recovered in a Dog Bite Claim
- A Freeport Dog Bite Lawyer Is Ready to Help You
- We Come to You for Your Free Consultation
Call a Dog Bite Lawyer With Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
A dog bite lawyer with our firm understands what New York law requires to successfully pursue compensation for damages such as medical bills and emotional trauma that result from an attack by a dog.
Dog bites are physically and emotionally damaging, especially for children. Our legal team will take care of filing an insurance claim on your behalf while you rest and recuperate.
A Freeport dog bite lawyer will investigate your case to determine if the dog’s owner or handler is liable for your injuries and damages. In many cases, we recover these damages through the dog owner’s liability or property insurance.
To learn more about your legal options in a dog bite claim, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a Dog Bite lawyer serving Freeport, call 516-932-0400
Determining Liability in a Dog Bite Claim
There are several ways that a dog bite lawyer might prove that the pet owner is responsible for your injuries and losses. If applicable, we will work to uncover and present all the necessary proof available to show that the dog has a record of being aggressive and dangerous.
We will seek compensation by proving that the owner did not take reasonable measures to protect you from harm. These reasonable measures might include:
- Not muzzling the dog
- Not having the dog on a leash
- Not keeping the dog securely housed in a fenced yard or kennel
- Allowing the dog to roam despite local ordinances
- Failure to try and stop the dog during the attack
A dog bite lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will hold a liable dog owner accountable for the attack with four principal elements:
- The dog’s owner owed you a duty of care to prevent you from being bitten.
- The dog’s owner breached this duty of care in some manner, such as failing to muzzle or leash the animal.
- This negligence caused you to be attacked and injured.
- Your injuries resulted in damages in the form of medical care, lost pay, and emotional trauma.
Let our Freeport dog bite lawyers help you recover the compensation you deserve. Call (516) 932-0400 for a free consultation.
Freeport Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
We Handle Your Claim for You
Our dog bite lawyers examine the circumstances, actions, and parties involved in your claim. We look for evidence that proves how the dog owner did not protect you from harm.
This evidence might include:
- Photos of your injuries, torn clothes, and other proof of the attack
- Photos or videos from someone who may have recorded the actual attack or from a closed-circuit camera
- Copies of your medical bills, medical tests, and a written evaluation of your injuries
- Documented history of prior attacks or complaints against the dog and its owner
- Witness statements and/or police reports
The Types of Damages Commonly Recovered in a Dog Bite Claim
Dog bite injuries are painful and sometimes require both emergency surgery and reconstructive or plastic surgery. We believe that a negligent dog owner should be held accountable for your suffering and expenses.
Your dog bite claim could involve the following types of recoverable damages:
- Medical treatment, including emergency room services, prescription drugs, and other healthcare costs related to the attack
- Lost pay
- Property damage for personal items damaged or destroyed during the attack
- Pain and suffering
If your injuries are extensive and you cannot return to your regular daily activities, a dog bite lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will seek damages for:
- On-going medical care
- Diminished earning potential and/or vocational training
- Domestic care
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional trauma
If you lost a loved one to a dog bite, we offer you our sincere condolences. We will file a wrongful death claim on your behalf. You are likely suffering financial impacts from the loss of your loved one. A wrongful death settlement or award can help lessen those impacts. We are dedicated to obtaining the financial recovery you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
It is important to note, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 limits the time you have to file a lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, your complaint will be dismissed. Other time-limits apply to claims and litigation as well. By choosing our firm to represent you, you are relieved of the pressure of statutes of limitations and other deadlines, so that you can focus on medical treatment, healing and rebuilding your life. It is also important to note, the sooner you contact us, the greater our ability to build the strongest case possible on your behalf. Please call today for a free consultation: (516) 932-0400.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Freeport Dog Bite Lawyer Is Ready to Help You
It is your right to have a dog bite lawyer to help you recover compensation for damages. Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has been a passionate advocate for people who are harmed by someone’s negligence.
We work hard for the best possible outcome with these value-added services:
We Keep You Updated About Your Case
You always know what is happening with your claim because our legal team is responsive and caring. If you have additional questions, we return your call promptly.
We Identify All Liable Parties
There may be more than one party who is accountable for your injuries. A dog bite lawyer will pinpoint who shares in liability along with the dog’s owner.
We Communicate With All Liable Parties
The last thing you need is to deal with the dog’s owner or the insurance adjuster. Your lawyer will speak on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
We Collect Evidence of Liability
Our firm investigates each client’s case for objective evidence that proves fault and the legitimacy of your claim.
We Assess a Value for Your Damages
A dog bite lawyer will calculate both present and predicted losses when seeking compensation.
We Come to You for Your Free Consultation
If a dog bit you or a family member, a Freeport dog bite lawyer with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will protect your rights and fight for your compensation. A member of our team can meet with you at your home or the hospital in the greater New York area or on Long Island.
Call today for a free consultation at (516) 932-0400. Our multilingual staff can answer your questions in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.