You Have Rights and We Are Ready to Fight For Them
Dog bite victims have rights in Mineola, and our legal team is eager to champion those rights on your behalf. We will work to ensure that the negligent party who made this attack possible is held liable for your injuries and related damages.
On top of this assurance, we commit to deliver you tailored, client-focused legal representation and services, as we have done for our clients since 1991.
As our client, you can count on us to:
- Keep you informed about the status of your case
- Investigate every detail of your case to unearth compelling evidence
- Identify the negligent party and establish their liability
- Determine the value of your case, based on hard evidence and, as indicated, expert opinions
- Communicate with all the parties involved in your case
We handle it all, so you can focus on the most important task of all: recovering from your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
Investigating Your Dog Bite Incident
At the foundation of every successful legal claim is a bedrock of solid evidence. Our legal team will investigate your dog bite incident and build our case from what we unearth. Toward this end, we will:
- Review and document photos and videos of the dog, your injuries, the attack, etc.
- Obtain a copy of the police report of the attack
- Gather medical records from your doctors, surgeons, therapists, etc.
- Explore the attacking dog’s history of aggressive behavior
- Interview witnesses
- Obtain records from the dog’s veterinarian
- Solicit expert opinions from animal trainers and other qualified professionals
- Collect wage statements from your employer
We will leave no stone unturned in this investigation, and at the end, we will have a complete and convincing narrative of the events and outcome of this dog bite incident.
Mineola Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Identifying the Negligent Party and Establishing Liability
Our investigation will bring to light the individual or entity responsible for your dog bite. This identification will join our deep understanding of New York state laws that hold dog owners responsible for their pets’ aggressive actions.
To cinch our argument of liability, our legal team will prove that one of the following statements is true:
- The dog owner was negligent, and their actions (leaving a backyard gate open or walking the dog without a leash, perhaps) enabled the attack that caused your injury; or
- The dog owner failed to take the proper precautions given the attacking dog’s prior history of aggressiveness, which should have indicated to the owner that the dog posed a threat to others.
A Mineola dog bite lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can navigate the legal requirements of dog bite cases and position your case for the best outcome.
Calculating the Value of Your Case
Your dog bite has cost you well beyond the expenses of your medical treatment. Possibly, you have missed days at work since the attack. Your injuries might even affect your ability to do your job in the future. Finally, the emotional scars of the attack will stay with you and impact you in ways you have no way of grasping at the moment.
The dog bite lawyers at our law firm will look for how you have taken on damage from this incident, and we will assign the costs of those damages to the person responsible for your attack.
Examples of some of the types of recoverable damages we might seek to include:
- Emergency transportation to the hospital
- Doctors’ fees (past, future, and ongoing)
- Surgeon’s fees (past and future)
- Hospital stay
- Prescription medicines
- Lab tests/imaging
- Permanent injuries and scarring or disability
- Physical rehabilitation
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Lost income and benefits (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If your loved one passed away from the injuries they sustained in a dog attack, we deeply regret your pain and loss. Please know that you are within your rights to pursue a wrongful death action against the negligent party in this incident. A wrongful death attorney from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can take on this legal matter for you, working to see that you are compensated for your losses and that justice is served.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
New York’s Statutes of Limitations Means the Clock is Ticking
New York imposes a statute of limitations for all personal injury actions. This means that you have a limited amount of time from the date of your dog attack incident in which to take legal action.
By hiring an attorney early on to represent you in your quest for compensation, you narrow the chance of this and other applicable claim and litigation deadlines passing you by. It also gives your lawyer more time to build a solid case and with access to more evidence, such as, for example, witness testimonies or potential video footage.
Learn How a Mineola Dog Bite Lawyer Can Help You
The personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have worked as advocates for the injured people of Mineola for decades. Now we want to help you recover the damages you deserve after your dog attack, car accident, or slip and fall accident.
Our compassionate, multilingual staff awaits your call. They can speak to you in your native language of English, Spanish, Greek, Tamil, Kannada, or Bengali.
Keep in mind that we work on a contingency basis, meaning we collect no lawyer’s fees from you unless and until you get paid.
Call us today for a free consultation with a Mineola dog bite lawyer: 516-932-0400.