If you or a family member suffered burns in an accident in Mineola, N.Y., you likely have physical injuries, including permanent scarring. You might also be dealing with mental and emotional trauma after the incident. If so, you deserve compensation for your pain and suffering and other losses. If someone else is responsible for your damages, our firm will fight to recover compensation from the liable party.
When you call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for a free consultation, we will review your legal options and explain how a Mineola personal injury lawyer from our firm will prosecute a case against the at-fault party on your behalf
- What Cases Do Our Burn Injury Lawyers Handle
- Our Mineola Personal Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Work for You
- Recoverable Damages in a Mineola Burn Injury Case
- What Are the Reasons to Hire a Mineola Burn Injury Lawyer?
- Call Us Today: Our Mineola Burn Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Take Your Case
What Cases Do Our Burn Injury Lawyers Handle
The burn injury lawyers from our personal injury firm handle any case involving any injury, including burns. Many of our cases involve a/an:
- Auto accident
- Commercial truck accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Worksite incident
- Defective product incident
- Incident involving medical malpractice
- Incident involving loss of life
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Mineola, call 516-932-0400
Our Mineola Personal Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Work for You
With our firm’s over 30 years of experience in personal injury law, our legal team knows how to handle a case like yours, even if it involves a major accident and major burn injuries. We have recovered over $250,000,000 for our clients and will seek compensation that meets your burn injury needs. Once you become our client, we will manage your entire case and:
- Keep you updated on your case
- Identify all liable parties responsible for your burn injuries
- Communicate with all parties in your case
- Gather evidence to prove the liable party’s negligence
- Determine how much your compensation case is worth
One of our experienced and dedicated Mineola burn injury attorneys could meet with you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area. Also, we will work on your case at no cost while you recover. Instead, we will receive a fee from your settlement or verdict if you receive compensation. If you don’t recover a settlement or verdict for any reason, you won’t pay us any fees. We will cover this and other matters during a free consultation.
Our clients’ testimonials will also tell you more about us. For example, one of our clients, Andrew, had this to say about us:
“Very happy and strongly recommended. The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions, have professional staff, were easy to get a hold of, and always called me back within a day if not sooner. Most importantly, I walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some. Very happy and strongly recommended.”
Mineola Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a Mineola Burn Injury Case
Injury cases often involve financial, physical, and other damages. In a burn injury case, several of these damages and others could involve the incident and the victim’s burns.
Depending on your case, you might have any or many of these damages:
- Expenses for immediate medical treatment
- Expenses for ongoing/long term burn therapy and other forms of therapy as well
- Loss of earnings because you cannot work
- Disability caused by muscular or neurological damage
- Disfigurement due to scars
- Emotional/mental suffering
- Loss of consortium (These are the special types of loss, recognized by law, that a person suffers when their spouse is an injury victim.)
- Inability to work the same job
- Inability to enjoy the same activities
You could recover these damages through an insurance claim or possibly a lawsuit.
Damages in Cases Involving Loss of Life
If the loss of a loved one due to a burn injury has led you to this page, we offer our heartfelt condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of burn injury wrongful death victims.
Your family might be able to recover damages through a wrongful death lawsuit if a family member suffered fatal burn injuries. Legal action could help your family find some sense of justice and even closure. Examples of these damages are:
- Medical expenses your family incurred
- Funeral and related expenses your family incurs
- Employment income and benefits your family isn’t bringing in
- Pain your deceased family member went through
- Emotional/mental suffering
- Lost parental love
- Loss of consortium
- An inability to enjoy the same activities anymore
What Are the Reasons to Hire a Mineola Burn Injury Lawyer?
Right now, you might still be suffering from your injuries and even struggling financially. You might also have family matters to tend to. Our lawyer will handle your case so that you have the time to focus on your health and other matters important to you.
For you, the ability to focus on treatment and recovery could be the biggest reason to hire a lawyer. However, since your lawyer will manage every single task involved in your case, you might find many other reasons to hire a lawyer. An attorney will manage:
Your Case for Damages
Your lawyer will establish that your damages are legitimate and compensable. To do this, they will seek out and show proof of your damages, such as your medical bills, and then assign monetary values to your non-financial losses, such as your pain and suffering.
The Case Against the Other Party
Your lawyer must prove the other party was negligent and liable for your damages. They must show evidence of that party’s negligence, such as, for example, surveillance camera footage to accomplish this. They will then show how your case demonstrates the four elements of negligence, including duty of care and breach of duty.
The Case for a Settlement or Verdict
Finally, your lawyer could seek an insurance settlement or court-ordered award to compensate you for your damages. We will advise you of your options throughout the legal process and file your lawsuit on time should you decide to sue the liable party.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Us Today: Our Mineola Burn Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Take Your Case
If you or a family member suffered burns in an accident, our firm will fight for compensation and closure. Our Mineola burn injury attorney won’t hesitate to take your case to court if it will benefit you. Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for a free consultation. The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we will start working for your recovery.