Burns have the ability to change your physical appearance and could lead to life-long complications or loss of life. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident that resulted in burn injuries, you do not have to fight for recovery on your own. Our law firm will fight to recover compensation for your injuries and related expenses and losses.
Our Long Island burn injury lawyer has familiarity with state and local laws. The personal injury lawyers with Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. stop at nothing to build the best possible case for you and to ensure the negligent party is held financially liable for your recoverable damages.
In This Article
- Our Law Firm Will Document the Severity of Your Burn Injury
- Our Lawyer Will Recover Damages for Your Long Island, NY, Burn Injury
- Outstanding Client Support is a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Hallmark
- Call for Your Free Burn Injury Consultation
Our Law Firm Will Document the Severity of Your Burn Injury
According to Mayo Clinic research, burns range in severity from first-degree (minor burns that cause pain and redness) to third-degree (burns that reach the fat layer beneath the skin and destroy nerves). Common causes of burn injuries include:
- Ultraviolet lights
- Electrical currents
- Motor vehicle accidents
Depending on the cause of your injuries, you might need to prove they meet New York’s serious injury threshold which will enable you to seek third-party compensation beyond the limits of personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Our Long Island personal injury lawyer will obtain evidence that ensures your injuries are accurately defined.
Liability and Negligence Open the Window to Financial Recovery
The state requires proof of the at-fault party’s negligence before you are allowed to pursue compensation. The evidence we compile for you will prove the following elements of negligence:
- Medical records that document the cause of your burn injuries and their severity
- Accident reports that establish the cause of the accident and any factors that contributed to it
- Accident scene photos and lay and expert witness statements that support your version of events
We collect evidence that proves the value of your case, including salary history records, medical bills, and property repair or replacement costs. We also obtain your written prognosis that describes your anticipated treatment plan and timeline. The accumulated evidence will prove the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, failed to provide it, and caused your accident and resulting financial consequences.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Long Island, call 516-932-0400
Our Lawyer Will Recover Damages for Your Long Island, NY, Burn Injury
Every member of our legal team is passionate about obtaining appropriate financial recovery for injured clients. Our goal is to ensure you are able to receive all the medical, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care your injuries require. In addition, we request compensation for the following types of damages:
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage or loss
- Diminished property value
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
We also fight to recover wrongful death damages for your family if your loved one succumbed to their burn injuries. This form of compensation includes their funeral and burial expenses and your loss of their financial and domestic support. Wrongful death damages might also include loss of consortium, loss of companionship, loss of guidance, and support.
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Will Meet New York’s Statute of Limitations
To ensure you are able to focus on getting better without compromising the timing of your case, our law firm protects your right to file a personal injury lawsuit or a wrongful death lawsuit. The filing deadlines include:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 (personal injury statute of limitations)
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 (wrongful death statute of limitations)
Putting our team to work on your case sooner rather than later also ensures witnesses are interviewed in a timely fashion. Meeting and understanding the statute of limitations is more complicated than you think. With sufficient notice from you, we ensure you do not run out of time to hold the at-fault party financially liable for compensating you.
Long Island Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Outstanding Client Support is a Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Hallmark
Our law firm does everything in its power to streamline your case while you focus on getting better. We will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area and take all of the following steps on your behalf:
- Update you regularly on any progress or developments in your case
- Ensure all potentially liable parties and their insurers are identified
- Speak to all relevant parties, including insurance and legal representatives
- Compile and organize your evidence and present it to the appropriate party
- Ensure your case receives a detailed and accurate financial evaluation
Expert witnesses we consult to substantiate and support your case include medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists. Leave it to us. We identify and speak with these experts for you to ensure your case gets the attention to detail it needs and deserves.
Browse Our History of Five-Star Reviews and Testimonials
When previous clients talk about our legal service and support, they leave online reviews and recommendations like the following:
- Mayur M.: “Roger and Eddie are really, great guys…after the accident, my life completely changed…but Roger and Eddie took care of me.”
- Myrna: “When no one would give us the time of day, Rodger Simon took our case and won it. He is compassionate, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable…he surpassed our expectations. We thank you and wish you nothing but the best.”
We never stop fighting for compensation for injured clients. We even have a multilingual staff who provide assistance in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. In short, we do everything possible to support you throughout our case.
Call for Your Free Burn Injury Consultation
If you or someone you love suffered burn injuries, our Long Island burn injury lawyer will pursue the at-fault party for financial compensation. We also represent families who suffered the loss of a loved one due to fatal burn injuries.
Contact our consultation team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to learn more about how passionately our law firm goes fights for you.