Burns are often painful and debilitating, requiring long periods of recovery. The degree of your injury could have you facing a lengthy recovery and multiple surgeries, including skin grafts and cosmetic procedures. If you or a loved one suffered a burn injury due to negligence, we will pursue compensation for your injuries and their related expenses.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our personal injury lawyers are passionate advocates for the injured clients we represent. Our Westbury burn injury lawyer will build a solid case against the person whose negligence caused your accident and resulting injury. We assist injured parties in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada. We make your case a priority so you can focus on rebuilding your life.
In This Article
- Commonly Reported Causes of Life-Changing Burn Injuries
- Compensation Available for Westbury Burn Injury Victims
- Our Burn Injury Team Is Committed to Client Support
- Call Now for a Free Burn Injury CaseConsultation
Commonly Reported Causes of Life-Changing Burn Injuries
According to Cleveland Clinic research, nearly 500,000 individuals are treated in emergency rooms for accidental burns on an annual basis. These burns range from first to third-degree, depending on their extent. The severity of your injury will determine the length and cost of your prescribed treatment plan.
Cleveland Clinic research also cites the following causes of burn injuries:
- Hot liquids
- Hot steam
- Contact with hot surfaces
- Chemical exposure
- Harmful Electricity.
Car, truck, bus, and motorcycle accidents can also cause dangerous burns. If one of these factors was the cause of your burns and was the result of negligence, our Westbury burn injury attorneys will seek compensation from the at-fault party. We will investigate your accident, identify the at-fault party, and fight hard for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Our Burn Injury Attorney Will Document Your Right to Financial Compensation
The majority of cases like yours are resolved without going to court. This typically happens when the evidence clearly indicates the at-fault party’s negligence. Your case file will include the following:
- Accident report
- Incident report
- Medical records
- Proof of income
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- Expert statements
The evidence we collect to substantiate your case will steer it toward a settlement versus a lengthy trial. Our investigation will prove the following legally required elements of negligence:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Our client-focused team will ensure your case gets the attention to detail it needs and deserves. While we concentrate on building the best possible case for you, you can concentrate on your physical and emotional recovery or on assisting a loved one through their recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Westbury, call 516-932-0400
Compensation Available for Westbury Burn Injury Victims
By proving the at-fault party’s negligence, we also prove their financial liability — the legal responsibility to compensate you. When our burn injury lawyer determines the monetary value of your Westbury case, their assessment will include the following types of damages:
- Recoverable economic damages include past and future medical bills and lost wages, treatment-related travel expenses and assistive medical devices, physical and occupational therapy and rehabilitation, and property value or loss.
- Recoverable non-economic damages include lasting physical disability, physically disfiguring injuries, ongoing pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we also advocate for families who lost a loved one to a catastrophic burn injury. We know nothing will atone for your loss. We also know how important it is to recover appropriate wrongful death damages and stop at nothing to attain them for your family.
What You Need to Know About New York’s Statute of Limitations
Recovering compensation after an accidental injury is only possible for a limited time. In New York State, the following filing deadlines will apply to your case depending on its outcome:
- New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, which determines the amount of time allotted to file your personal lawsuit
- Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1, which determines the amount of time allotted to file your family’s wrongful death lawsuit
Because you have a limited amount of time to file your lawsuit, you should act as soon as possible. Getting our law firm involved in your case sooner rather than later has additional benefits. It means we can interview witnesses early and canvass the accident scene for evidence.
Westbury Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Our Burn Injury Team Is Committed to Client Support
Building your personal injury case is a time-consuming process. We know how difficult it can be to wait for news and updates on your case. Our team members ensure you get regular and timely updates. We also do all the following for you:
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Collect and organize evidence
- Assign an accurate value to your case
Our client-focused team will come to you, if needed, and will meet you anywhere in the New York metropolitan area. We also consult subject matter experts who benefit your case, including medical experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, life care planners, and economists.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Our Law Firm
When previous clients refer others to our law firm, they leave online reviews about their experience with us, including the following:
- Francine: “Great communication from the very first phone call…stand up Lawyers…they treated us like family… I will most definitely be telling family and friends about this law firm…thank you for a great job.”
- Andrew: “The firm provided me with excellent legal advice. They took the time to answer all my questions [and] were easy to get a hold of…Most importantly, walked away with my medical bills all paid for and then some. Very happy and strongly recommended.”
Read about additional client experiences on our testimonials page and see what it means to work with a law firm committed to providing the attention to detail your case needs and deserves.
Click to contact our Westbury Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Now for a Free Burn Injury CaseConsultation
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident and suffered serious burns as a result, our law firm will pursue appropriate financial recovery. Learn more about how hard our Westbury burn injury lawyer goes to bat for you. Contact one of our consultation team members at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form