Burn injuries frequently involve disfigurement, disability, and considerable medical treatment expenses. Shouldering these challenges isn’t easy, and knowing another party is responsible for your injuries can be, quite understandably, frustrating or even infuriating. However, through a burn injury case, you have the right to hold those who caused your burn injuries accountable.
Our team has won over $250 million in compensation for our clients. Let us stand up for you and protect your best interests. A Hempstead burn injury lawyer from our team will handle all your case details.
In This Article
- Why You Might Want To Hire a Hempstead Burn Injury Lawyer
- Recoverable Burn Injury Damages in Hempstead
- You Have a Limited Amount of Time To File a Burn Injury Lawsuit in Hempstead
- Burn Injuries Often Happen as a Result of Negligence
- Contact a Hempstead Burn Injury Lawyer To Get Started on Your Case
Why You Might Want To Hire a Hempstead Burn Injury Lawyer
The law does not require you to hire a Hempstead personal injury lawyer if you plan to file a claim or lawsuit for your burn injury. However, as a burn injury survivor, there is a good chance you may find the following extremely challenging:
- Understanding relevant laws
- The process of filing a claim or lawsuit
- The responsible party denying that they were at-fault
These challenges often feel insurmountable as you are recovering from your injuries, which is where Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. comes in. Our team will handle every aspect of your burn injury case by providing you with the following services:
- Keeping you updated on the status of your case: Accessibility is critical to our legal practice. We will provide updates regarding all significant developments in your case and always answer your phone calls – no more sleepless nights wondering about how your case is progressing.
- Identifying liable parties: Your case might involve one or more liable parties. We will conduct an in-depth investigation to identify the party or parties responsible for your injuries.
- Communicating with all parties for you: While you recover from your injuries, we will manage all relevant case communications, from insurance negotiations to filing paperwork.
- Gathering evidence: Our team will gather critical evidence and work alongside experts like economists, life care planners, and vocational rehab specialists – we will make sure we get every detail right.
- Determining a value for your case: Insurers or the responsible party will likely try to offer you less than you deserve. With us by your side, this isn’t a concern. We will determine the value of your burn injury case so you’re able to make informed decisions during settlement negotiations.
For a free legal consultation with a Burn Injury lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Burn Injury Damages in Hempstead
In Hempstead, burn injury victims are typically eligible to recover economic and non-economic damages. These include:
- Lost income
- Impaired quality of life
- Medical expenses
- Property damage, like car repairs
- Reduced earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
What if I Lost a Loved One Due to a Burn Injury?
If you lost a loved one due to a burn injury, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. Our team is here to provide empathetic and understanding legal support. You don’t need to walk this road alone.
A Hempstead burn injury lawyer from our team will fight for all applicable wrongful death damages including the following:
- Conscious pain and suffering your loved one experienced
- Medical expenses incurred before the passing of your loved one
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost support and services provided by your loved one
Hempstead Burn Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
You Have a Limited Amount of Time To File a Burn Injury Lawsuit in Hempstead
The following factors mean that the clock is always ticking on burn injury claims:
- The New York personal injury statute of limitations, or New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. Other time limit rules apply to claims and litigation as well.
- If not contacted promptly, witnesses could forget what they know about your case. Other evidence, such as surveillance or dashcam video, can be deleted or lost.
We recommend you get started on your case as soon as possible, so we have time to gather all the necessary information and submit your lawsuit before the deadline runs out.
Click to contact our Hempstead Personal Injury Lawyers today
Burn Injuries Often Happen as a Result of Negligence
Burn injuries often happen as the result of another party’s negligence. Here are several examples of burn injury cases involving negligence:
- A car accident: A driver breaks the speed limit and runs a red light before crashing into another car. In the accident, the non-responsible driver is burned by a gasoline fire.
- A restaurant: A restaurant is understaffed and fails to train its staff properly. During the dinner rush, a new staff member spills boiling liquid onto a customer. The liquid was too hot to safely serve a customer.
- A rental property: A rental property owner knowingly violates fire safety regulations by neglecting to have enough fire exits in their apartment unit. An occupant suffers severe burn injuries during a fire due to the lack of fire exits.
These are only a few examples. Burn injury cases take many forms. What’s essential to your case, though, is that another party or individual is responsible for your injuries.
Establishing Liability in a Hempstead Burn Injury Case
In a legal context, when a party or individual is liable, they are responsible for reimbursing those they injured by behaving negligently. Therefore, burn injury cases revolve around determining who is liable for a given injury. Possible liable parties include:
- An individual driver
- A property owner
- A product manufacturer
- A trucker or trucking company
- A business owner
To establish liability, your lawyer will need to look at the evidence, which typically includes at least some of the following:
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Expert input, like a crash reconstruction specialist
- Traffic or security camera footage
- Police reports
- Incident reports
- Images from the scene of the accident
Our Team Serving Hempstead Will Prove the Elements of Negligence
To establish another party’s negligence, your burn injury attorney will need to prove that:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care: Business owners, individuals, and other groups typically owe the general public a duty of care. This duty manifests as a responsibility to keep others from harm.
- The liable party breached their duty of care: Negligent behavior, like driving over the speed limit or exposing customers to burning objects, breaches the duty of care.
- The liable party’s negligence caused your injuries: Through an investigation, your lawyer must reveal that the liable party’s breach of duty caused your burn injuries.
- You suffered verifiable damages: You suffered damages such as medical expenses and pain and suffering.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Hempstead Burn Injury Lawyer To Get Started on Your Case
If your severe burn injury is negatively impacting your life, we believe you deserve appropriate compensation. Our team is prepared to stand toe-to-toe with insurers and the responsible party.
Call us today for a free consultation. We will answer any questions you have and advise you on your legal options.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form