Hempstead has several tips for seniors to stay safe at home and away. However, these tips do not always stop our elderly neighbors and loved ones from becoming victims of nursing home abuse and neglect. If you discover a loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home, they have the right to seek compensation for damages resulting from those injuries.
A Hempstead personal injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. would like to offer you a free consultation about your case and devise a legal strategy for ensuring your loved one gets the justice they deserve. Call 516-932-0400 so we can review their case.
- Many Forms of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Exist, and We Handle Them All
- Friedman & Simon, L.L.P Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
- Sometimes Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Leads to Death
- Multiple Parties May be Liable for Your Loved One’s Abuse and Neglect
- How We Will Support Our Claim
- You Can Recover Several Types of Damages in Your Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Case
- See How a Hempstead Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorney Will Help You
Many Forms of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Exist, and We Handle Them All
Any number of people in a wide range of roles can perpetrate abuse of nursing home residents: employees, nurses, doctors, other residents, and visitors, for example. Regardless of the source of the abuse, the Hempstead nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. are able and willing to help.
Types of nursing home abuse and neglect also run the gamut, each type leaving specific signs you can check for to validate your suspicions of abuse.
Common types of abuse include the following:
Look for injuries that your loved one is unable to explain. Check for bruising, fractured or broken bones, dislocated joints, and burns.
If your loved one suddenly withdraws emotionally, seems despondent, depressed, or anxious—or if you note other significant personality changes, they may be signs of emotional abuse.
When you see unauthorized credit card charges on your loved one’s monthly statement or they mention missing cash or checks, it is possible someone is financially abusing your loved one.
Neglect is a form of abuse that can damage your loved one as much or even more than any physical abuse. This type of abuse can assume many forms: neglect of basic needs (e.g., sleep, water, food, safety, hygiene) and medical neglect (e.g., refusal or denial of medical treatment or medications, incorrect administration of medications). If a doctor or other medical staff neglected your loved one and caused their injuries, you can pursue a valid medical malpractice case.
If your loved one complains of pelvic pain, contracts urinary infections or sexually transmitted diseases, experiences bleeding that they cannot explain, or demonstrates elevated anxiety at the prospect of spending time alone with an individual at the nursing home, it is possible that sexual abuse is occurring.
For a free legal consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
The legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. wants to talk to you about your observations and/or suspicions of nursing home abuse and neglect.
- We will determine who is at-fault and liable for injuries and other damages
- Our staff will document and calculate all damages suffered and anticipated
- We will champion your loved one’s case to recover those damages, communicating with every involved party or their insurance carriers and legal representatives along the way
- Every step of the way you will know the status of the case, and you will be kept informed of all significant developments
- When questions arise, your phone call will be welcomed
- You will always be treated with the respect and professionalism you deserve
Contact our office today at 516-932-0400 for a free consultation that will begin the process of seeking justice for your loved one’s case of nursing home abuse and neglect.
Hempstead Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Sometimes Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Leads to Death
Abusing an elder to any degree increases their risk of death by 300 percent according to research published in Journal of the American Medical Association.
If your loved one passed away due to the neglect or abuse they suffered in a nursing home, you can pursue a wrongful death action against the nursing home or other at-fault party. Call us today to discuss how one of our Hempstead nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers will start the process for fighting for you: 516-932-0400.
Multiple Parties May be Liable for Your Loved One’s Abuse and Neglect
To establish fault in the case of your loved one’s nursing home abuse and neglect, we must satisfy four criteria:
- A party was responsible for providing reasonable care for your loved one
- That party failed to provide this reasonable care
- An accident or event occurred because of this failure
- Your loved one suffered as a result of the accident or event
Ultimately, the nursing home has a “duty of care” toward all its residents. It is also responsible for hiring and training staff to extend that same duty of care to your loved one.
When the nursing home or its staff are negligent in providing this care, and your loved one suffers damages as a result of that negligence, your loved one has the right to pursue legal action against all at-fault parties.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Will Support Our Claim
The Hempstead nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will leave no stone unturned when seeking evidence that supports our arguments for liability.
Our injury lawyers will work to gather all the relevant evidence, including the following:
- Photos and surveillance video
- Statements from witnesses
- Medical records
- Opinions from experts
- Records involving safety of the facility
You Can Recover Several Types of Damages in Your Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Case
Every case of Hempstead nursing home abuse and neglect is different, and the damages your loved one can recover depend on the specifics of their case.
Some types of damages that may be recovered include:
- Rehab and/or physical therapy costs
- Medical tests and imaging
- Medical treatments
- Hospital stays
- Ambulance costs
- Doctors’ and surgeons’ fees
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Costs related to relocation
- Financial losses
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
See How a Hempstead Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorney Will Help You
The nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. take abuse cases very seriously. We are passionate about obtaining justice for these victims and their families.
Our team will assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada.
Call us today at 516-932-0400 for your free consultation.