If a property owner’s negligence caused you to slip and fall or trip and fall and suffer injuries, you are entitled to compensation for your damages.
A Hempstead slip and fall accident lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered. A member of our personal injury team will review your case for free, answer your questions, address your concerns, and treat you with the respect and professionalism you deserve.
- What Does it Cost to Hire a Hempstead Slip and Fall Accident Attorney?
- Slip and Trip and Fall Accidents Happen in Many Ways and Places
- Failure to Maintain the Premises Leaves Hempstead Property Owners Liable in Slip and Fall Cases
- Our Hempstead Trip and Fall Lawyers Will Prove Liability in Your Case
- Types of Damages You May Recover in a Slip and Fall Case in Hempstead, New York
- We Will Handle Your Slip or Trip and Fall Case From Beginning to End
- Our Hempstead Slip and Fall Attorneys Bring Experience-Backed Awards and Million-Dollar Results
- The Hempstead Slip and Fall Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Are Ready to Take OnYour Case
What Does it Cost to Hire a Hempstead Slip and Fall Accident Attorney?
There is no upfront charge for our legal service. Our Hempstead injury law firm charges a contingency fee. This means we only get paid if and when we win your case. Our fee comes from a percentage of the overall financial settlement or court or arbitrated award we obtain on your behalf. If a Hempstead slip and fall accident lawyer at our firm doesn’t recover compensation for you, you don’t owe us anything in legal fees.
As advocates for the injured, we will not charge you money you may not have before we recover the money you need. Instead, our contingency pricing structure rewards our hard work at no out-of-pocket cost to you. It also allows us to start working on your case right away.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving Hempstead, call 516-932-0400
Slip and Trip and Fall Accidents Happen in Many Ways and Places
There is no limit to the number of places a slip and fall accident can occur. How these accidents happen is equally varied.
Common slip and fall and trip and fall accident scenarios include:
- Loose mats or rugs
- Staircases that lack handrails
- Unsecured cords or cables
- Potholes in parking lots
- Spills or leaks
- Inadequate lighting
- Cracks in sidewalks
- Unmarked curbs
- Safety code violations
We handle all these types of slip or trip and fall cases.
Hempstead Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Failure to Maintain the Premises Leaves Hempstead Property Owners Liable in Slip and Fall Cases
Property owners, managers, and those who maintain properties must take reasonable care to keep all areas of their properties safe. When a hazard is, or should have been, found by one of these entities, they must:
- Post caution signs or otherwise notify others of the hazard
- Fix the problem within a reasonable period
Failure to take the above steps positions one or more of these parties to be liable for any damages resulting from a slip or trip and fall injury on the property.
Our attorneys have recovered damages for many accident victims since 1991. We will do the same for your slip or trip and fall accident.
Our Hempstead Trip and Fall Lawyers Will Prove Liability in Your Case
For your slip and fall case to be successful, we must prove the following elements of negligence:
- The property owner or other responsible party knew or should have known about a hazard on their property.
- The property owner or other responsible party did not remedy the hazard or warn visitors.
- The hazard caused you to suffer injuries.
- You sustained damages as a result.
Your slip and fall lawyer serving Hempstead will investigate your slip or trip and fall and gather evidence to prove negligence.
Proving Liability and the Resulting Extent of Damages in Your Hempstead Slip and Fall Case
We will satisfy the above criteria with hard evidence and documentation. We tap a variety of sources for this support, such as:
- Witness statements
- Pictures and videos from the accident scene
- Medical reports
- Statements from your employer to prove wages/income
- Police reports
- Records that prove property ownership
To further fortify the supporting evidence and complete the picture of your slip or trip and fall case, we will obtain the professional opinions of a variety of experts as necessary, including:
- Life care planning
- Accident reconstruction
Calculation of Damages Backed by Powerful Experience and Hard Facts
With a team of professionals weighing in on your case, we will build a compelling argument regarding how your accident happened and how it has and will continue to impact you medically, financially, and professionally.
This is the heart of your case. We will use both fact-based evidence and expert statements to fight for appropriate compensation for the damages you have suffered due to your accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Damages You May Recover in a Slip and Fall Case in Hempstead, New York
We will consider the following types of damages when determining a just settlement amount:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages and other income
- Lost benefits
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Emergency transportation to the hospital
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Prescription drugs, including pain management
- Ongoing/future medical treatment
- Loss of future wages, income, and benefits
- Replacement services
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Necessary Home Alterations
- Necessary Special Transportation Requirements
In addition to calculating the above damages, our Hempstead slip and fall accident and injury lawyers will assess your damages resulting from any permanent disfigurement, disability, or other damage. We will also carefully consider any and every item that may be unique to your circumstances that is not listed above.
Finally, if your loved one lost their life due to injuries sustained in a slip or trip and fall accident, you can pursue a wrongful death action, per Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1. We will take on the mission of seeking compensation for your loss.
We Will Handle Your Slip or Trip and Fall Case From Beginning to End
When you hire the Hempstead slip or trip and fall accident and injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you can rest assured that we will handle every aspect of your case. All you need to concern yourself with is your medical treatment and recovering physically from your injuries.
Your Hempstead slip and trip lawyer will:
- Always keep you updated on your case
- Identify the at-fault party or parties in your case
- Handle all communications with anyone connected to your case
- Investigate and document your case to improve your chances for damage recovery
- Identify and value all your damages to arrive at a c-laim value that covers your losses
- Negotiate or litigate to obtain appropriate compensation for you
- Bring a determination to win the best possible outcome for you to every aspect of your case
There Is a Time Limit Associated with Pursuing Compensation
With all of life’s distractions and commitments, dealing with the aftermath of a slip or trip and fall accident can be overwhelming. With so much on your plate, it is unfortunately too easy to let time pass without taking action on a claim for compensation.
However, it is critically important to remember that New York’s statute of limitations (New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214) limits the time you have following your accident to take legal action. Additionally, the prosecution of injury claims has other applicable time deadlines.
Rather than risk missing the statute of limitations or other deadlines, consider hiring legal counsel today. Putting your personal injury case in our hands will ensure everything gets done on time. It also gives our legal team more time and opportunity to build an ironclad case for you.
Our Hempstead Slip and Fall Attorneys Bring Experience-Backed Awards and Million-Dollar Results
We pride ourselves on our results-driven, client-centered approach to legal service. Our accolades and outcomes tell the story of our dedication to each client. We’ve handled cases that cross the spectrum of personal injury law and have secured more than $250 million for injury victims in New York.
Our slip and fall lawyers serving Hempstead, NY have achieved case victories for numerous clients, including those below:
- $1,162,301 for a tenant who fell on a slippery walkway and suffered coccyx and back injuries
- $1,000,000 for a store employee who fell and sustained an ACL rupture and knee fracture
- $790,000 for the family of an infant who suffered head and shoulder injuries after falling from a window
Accolades That Set Our Hempstead Injury Law Firm Apart
Victories like those above and our compassionate and professional service are why we have received many reputable distinctions. Our team of Hempstead personal injury attorneys has received:
- The Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- The National Trial Lawyers: New York Top 100 distinction
- An Avvo Rating of 10 Superb, the top rating
- A place in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
When you work with our firm, you can rest assured that your Hempstead slip and fall lawyer will bring experience, knowledge, and proven ability to win the compensation you deserve.
The Hempstead Slip and Fall Lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. Are Ready to Take OnYour Case
Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents can have serious or fatal consequences for victims. If you or a loved one is facing financial, physical, or emotional hardship due to a fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence, a Hempstead slip and fall accident lawyer at our firm will fight for your due compensation.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our multilingual team of professionals is happy to assist you in English, Greek, Kannada, Spanish, Tamil, and Bengali or whatever language you are most comfortable with. Contact us today for your free case review.