Our attorneys understand how devastating slip and fall accidents are. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we represent slip and fall accident victims and their families. We are determined to help you recover compensation.
When a property owner fails to maintain their Brookhaven property or address hazards that appear in a timely manner, our lawyers fight to hold them financially responsible. If you are unsure about this process, we offer complimentary case assessments to answer any questions you have.
In This Article
- You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File
- How Our Firm Will Benefit Your Slip and Fall Case
- Damages You Could Recover After a Slip and Fall
- Tell Us About Your Case in a Free Consultation
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File
We want to stress up front that state law limits the amount of time you have to begin a lawsuit. While suing the at-fault party is not always necessary, it’s crucial to preserve your right to do so.
This will give you another chance to seek compensation if an insurance company denies your claim or makes an unacceptably low settlement offer. It also gives our team leverage in settlement negotiations. If an injured claimant’s attorney shows that a bona fide case has been well prepared for trial, many insurers would rather settle than risk the time and expense of going to court.
The precise deadline in your case depends on which statute of limitations applies. For example, New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214 applies to most negligence cases against private (i.e., non-governmental,) individuals or entities, and Estates, Powers & Trusts § 5-4.1 applies to most cases where the claim is for wrongful death. Suing a government agency will most likely require adherence to a shorter filing window.
As soon as you hire us, we will get started and protect your right to sue. Acting quickly also gives our team as much time as possible to compile evidence for your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Accident lawyer serving Brookhaven, call 516-932-0400
How Our Firm Will Benefit Your Slip and Fall Case
First and foremost, we will take care of each aspect of your case, from the investigation to negotiations with the at-fault party’s representatives.
When we assign a lawyer to your slip and fall case in Brookhaven, we will:
- Send you an update whenever there is a significant development in your case
- Identify the party or parties responsible for your damages
- Handle all communications with other parties
- Compile all available relevant evidence to build a strong premises liability case
- Calculate how much your case is worth
Our team will also bring in experts to help us understand and support your case. These experts include vocational rehabilitation specialists, doctors, economists, and life care planners. We don’t stop there, either.
Our team aims to make this experience as simple and painless as possible for you and your family.
We go Above and Beyond for Our Clients
Hiring a lawyer for your premises liability case might seem intimidating, time-consuming, and expensive. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., our goal is to make this experience just the opposite for our clients.
We do this in several key ways:
- We serve clients in various languages. If you prefer, our multilingual staff will assist you in Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, or Greek.
- Our team will come to you. If you can’t make it to our office, we would be happy to meet you in Suffolk County or another convenient location on Long Island or in the New York metropolitan area.
- We don’t charge any advance fees. We will front the cost of building and litigating your case.
- You pay nothing unless you get results. Our attorneys work on contingency, so you pay nothing unless and until you get results.
- You won’t have to pay anything out of pocket. Our fee is a percentage of your settlement or court award, which we will discuss with you patiently and compassionately before you hire us. One of our goals is for you to feel completely comfortable so that we can advocate your cause.
We hope that these efforts encourage victims of negligence to seek help with their cases. You should not have to miss out on seeking compensation for your or your loved one’s injuries due to financial hardships or other barriers.
We Have Won Slip and Fall Accident Cases in the Past
Our attorneys are familiar with navigating premises liability law, particularly when it comes to slip and fall injuries. We’ve been able to secure millions of dollars for our clients.
Some of our previous case results include:
- $1,162,301 for coccyx and back injuries after our client fell on a slippery walkway
- $990,000 for a fractured knee after our client slipped on an apple peel at their job site
- $725,000 for back injuries after our client slipped on loose rice at a supermarket
As our client, we want you to rest assured that our team will fight for the compensation you deserve. You should feel free to discuss all of the damages you have suffered – including those that come up as your case progresses—so we can account for them in your case valuation.
Brookhaven Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Damages You Could Recover After a Slip and Fall
The consequences of your or your loved one’s slip and fall will dictate the type and amount of damages you could recover. Some injuries heal relatively quickly and require little recovery time, while others are permanently damaging.
As your legal team, we will identify and discuss your recoverable damages to ensure we assign an appropriate value to your case. During this time, our team will review your eligibility for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills for past, ongoing, and future treatment
- Wages and benefits you were unable to earn during your recovery period
- Reductions in your earning ability if you cannot return to your job at full capacity or at all
- Disability or disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- The pain and suffering your injuries caused
Damages for a Fatal Slip and Fall
If you have lost a loved one as a result of a slip and fall accident, we extend to you our heartfelt condolences. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of slip and fall wrongful death victims. We are passionate about and fully dedicated to winning the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
When seeking financial recovery after the death of a loved one in Suffolk County, your family could recover other types of damages. These tend to include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of household income, if the decedent provided financial support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium (i.e., the special losses a spouse suffers when their husband or wife are victims of wrongful death) and parental support
- The decedent’s outstanding medical bills from their injuries
We don’t want you to miss out on any compensation or face additional out-of-pocket expenses in the future. Allow us to use our knowledge to properly value your case.
Click to contact our Brookhaven Personal Injury Lawyers today
Tell Us About Your Case in a Free Consultation
There is no need to wait to get started. If you still have questions about our services, we encourage you to reach out for a complimentary case review. Our team is standing by to take your call and discuss how our attorneys could help with your slip and fall accident case in Brookhaven. Call now: (516) 932-0400.
Call or text 516-932-0400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form