If you were in a car collision in Brookhaven, New York, you could be entitled to seek compensation. If you sustained a serious injury, property damage, or the death of a loved one, a lawyer can help you seek the compensation to which you may be entitled.
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we handle personal injury cases in Suffolk County and surrounding areas on Long Island, so a car accident lawyer could serve you in Brookhaven and represent your case.
Our Legal Team will Manage Your Case From Start to Finish so You don’t have to
After a car accident, you might be faced with several burdens—from having to heal from your bodily injuries to trying to figure out how to cover your expenses. At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we consider our clients’ needs first, so we will visit you in Brookhaven if necessary.
When you hire a car accident attorney from our firm, you get the benefit of having an entire legal team working on your case to make legal tasks move as swiftly as possible.
Once you become our client, we will perform the following services:
- Case updates: As new developments occur, we will alert you about your case’s progression. Depending on what news we bring, we will provide advice on how to move forward or explain what certain motions could mean for your case.
- Case assessment: We will identify who might be held liable for your damages and notify them about your case. We will also inform you whether you may be able to file multiple claims or lawsuits to pursue compensation.
- Communication services: We will handle communications with insurance companies, attorneys, and other involved parties (e.g., expert witnesses). This allows us to protect your case and make sure your statements can’t be used against you.
- Evidence retrieval: We will help you collect evidence to support your case. This could involve interviewing witnesses, requesting data from the other party, or getting copies of official documents relevant to your case (e.g., crash reports).
- Damage calculation: We will help you calculate your damages (including damages you may experience in the future) to estimate the value of your case. We will use this estimate as a goal when pursuing compensation on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Brookhaven, call 516-932-0400
We will Calculate the Value of Your Case Based on the Damages You Suffered
As mentioned, we will help you calculate the amount of compensation you should pursue based on the damages you experienced and could expect to experience.
To do this, we will request any financial documents and evidence you may have to prove your damages’ monetary value or significance. Not every item of damage will have a financial figure attached to it, such as the pain and suffering you felt, but our law firm will work tirelessly to recover the maximum value for each and every item of damage you experienced.
We will help you pursue compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Impaired quality of life
- Current and future income loss
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability and physical disfigurement
Other damages not listed here could be part of your compensation package, which we will discuss in future consultations.
Our Team has a Successful Track Record of Winning Compensation for Clients
When you work with a car accident lawyer from our team serving Brookhaven, we want you to know you’re in strong hands. Below are some of the case results we’ve won for past clients in New York:
- $4,100,000 for a preschool worker who was injured in a car accident while riding as a passenger
- $4,000,000 for a group of workers who were in a rollover accident
- $1,000,000 for a construction worker who was struck in an intersection while driving his van
- $1,000,000 for a van driver who suffered a severe back injury after being hit by a truck
Brookhaven Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
New York’s Statute of Limitations Sets a Deadline for Your Case
New York’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, which is found in New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214, sets a legal deadline you should be aware of. If you want to have your car accident case heard and pursue compensation for your injuries and damages, you need to make sure you file your lawsuit by its filing deadline.
If you lost a loved one, please accept our sincere condolences. We can file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf. For these cases, New York has a separate filing deadline, found in Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1. Our team understands how difficult it can be to manage a case while grieving, so we will do everything for you while you grieve privately.
Reasons why You do not want to Wait Until the Last Minute to File Your Case
Missing your case’s filing deadline could have serious consequences, such as:
- Your case could get dismissed: If you file your case late and the opposing party finds out, they could file a request to have your case dismissed and have legal standing to do so. If your case gets dismissed, you can no longer pursue compensation.
- You have to cover your damages yourself: If your case gets dismissed for being late, whether by request or upon submission, your litigation journey ends. If no other legal options exist, you would have to pay for your damages out of pocket.
Besides the legal consequences for filing late, you also want to be cognizant about how readily available certain evidence might be to use for your case. The following evidence might not be available if you wait too long to retrieve it:
- Surveillance footage from a nearby residence or commercial business that captured the collision
- Testimony from witnesses (as they might not remember the accident or might move and be difficult to locate.)
- Other types of video footage, such as dashcam or traffic camera footage
Do not wait until the last minute to start building your case. Once you agree to work with us, we won’t hesitate to start collecting materials to move your case forward.
Call us now to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Brookhaven to Work on Your Case
If you sustained a bodily injury and/or property damage in a car accident in Suffolk County, New York, call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. at (516) 932-0400 for a free case evaluation.
You can speak with one of our team representatives about how the accident took its toll on your life, and we will begin preparing materials to put your case together. Start your legal journey today.