If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident that resulted in severe injuries, property damage, or even a fatality, you could pursue compensation for those damages.
Our legal team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has helped people on Long Island fight for the compensation they need—and we want to help you, too. If you live in Brookhaven, we can have one of our motorcycle accident lawyers serving your area begin working on your case. We offer free initial consultations.
- We will Help You Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
- Our Law Firm Provides Full-Service Case Management when You Become our Client
- You have a Limited Amount of Time to Gather Evidence and Submit Your Case
- Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
We will Help You Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
Our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., has a strong history of winning compensation for our clients. Just a few of the many case results we were grateful to have won for our injured clients include:
- $1,875,000 for a motorcyclist who suffered a severe leg fracture after being hit by a vehicle
- $925,000 for the surviving heirs who lost their loved one in a motorcycle accident
- $2,200,000 for a bicyclist who suffered a head injury after being struck by a van
- $600,000 for a bicyclist who suffered knee and back injuries after being struck by a car
We will Calculate Your Compensatory Damages
As you might have noticed, the values of the cases we listed vary. So, what is involved in measuring how much compensation you should receive?
This value is based on your “compensatory damages,” defined by New York law. It is our job to organize your damages and calculate their monetary values. Some damages already have financial value, while others need to be assigned one. We will help you gather evidence to prove these values as part of building your case.
Your compensatory damages may include:
- Medical expenses: These expenses can include costs for emergency room care, surgeries, lab work, physical therapy, doctor’s appointments, prescription medicines, and other types of medical services.
- Property damage: If your motorcycle was damaged in the accident, we would pursue compensation to cover repairs or its replacement if it was totaled.
- Pain and suffering: As mentioned, some damages may need to be assigned a financial value. We will factor both your physical and emotional pain into calculating this damage.
- Income loss: If your motorcycle accident injuries were severe enough to keep you from work, we would fight to recover the wages you lost. If your injuries are long-term, affect your ability to maintain your current salary, or prevent you from accepting higher-paying jobs, we will fight for both your future income loss and reduced earning potential.
- Diminished quality of life: If you suffered a permanent disability, physical disfigurement, or long-term consequences related to your injuries, we would fight for compensation to account for this loss. This can also include loss of independence or joy in previous hobbies and activities you had before the accident.
If you lost a loved one in the accident, please accept our heartfelt condolences. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our team could help you calculate damages related to their loss.
We understand the sensitivity behind grieving for a loved one, so we can discuss these damages privately in a consultation. We consider it a special privilege to represent the surviving family members of motorcycle accident wrongful death victims. We are dedicated and determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Brookhaven, call 516-932-0400
Our Law Firm Provides Full-Service Case Management when You Become our Client
Pursuing compensation for a motorcycle accident can involve several steps and work, whether you’re filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. When you’re busy trying to handle other personal matters, it can be convenient to have a legal team who works full-time on these types of cases.
When you become a client at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we will help you build your case by:
- Keeping you updated on its progression, which can help you feel active throughout its development
- Identifying who might be held liable for your damages, which might reveal more than one potentially liable party
- Making statements on your behalf when insurance companies or opposing attorneys reach out to you
- Helping you collect evidence to support the claims you make in your case
- Calculating the value of your damages, as described earlier
The value of a lawyer’s advice
One of the benefits of working with a motorcycle accident lawyer is that you will have the opportunity to get legal advice on-demand. Our team will be available for questions and concerns you may have, such as:
- Whether you should take civil action against more than one party involved in your case
- Whether you should accept a settlement offer from the insurance company or the opposing side
- Whether you should continue to negotiate with the insurance company or pursue court litigation (based at least in part on how soon the filing deadline is approaching)
- Whether you should make certain statements or refer other parties to your lawyer
Brookhaven Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
You have a Limited Amount of Time to Gather Evidence and Submit Your Case
If you decide to take civil action against the party who caused you damages, you will have to check how long you have to file your lawsuit. Our legal team will monitor this deadline for you, which varies based on the type of case you file.
- New York Civil Practice Law & Rules (CVP) §214 defines the statutory deadline for personal injury cases.
- Estates, Powers & Trusts (EPT) §5-4.1 defines the statutory deadline for wrongful death cases.
You do not want to wait until the last minute to file your motorcycle accident lawsuit, as it could jeopardize your ability to pursue compensation. If you file late, your case could get dismissed, meaning you would lose your right to pursue damages.
Also, if you procrastinate, evidence that would have supported your claim might expire by the time you begin building your case. Time-sensitive evidence includes witnesses’ memories, third-party video footage, and data information.
Call Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you live in Brookhaven or a nearby area in Suffolk County, our legal team wants to represent you and fight for compensation on your behalf. We will assign a motorcycle accident lawyer to your case and start working for you right away.
To start your legal journey, let us review your case. Call (516) 932-0400 now for a free consultation.