If you’re looking for a compassionate lawyer to represent you after a motorcycle accident in Jericho, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is here to help. Our firm boasts a multilingual staff that serves clients in English, Greek, Bengali, Spanish, Kannada, and Tamil. We also offer flexibility in our meeting arrangements, meaning we will travel anywhere on Long Island or in metro New York to meet with you.
We outline the benefits of our services below and in a free case evaluation available to all potential clients who call our Jericho office.
In This Article
- Dedicated & Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm
- How Our Firm Handles Motorcycle Accident Cases in Jericho
- Damages Our Team will Fight to Collect
- Understanding New York Motorcycle Laws
- Let Us Help You Seek Financial Recovery after a Motorcycle Accident
Dedicated & Experienced Personal Injury Law Firm
According to recent data from the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), more than 4,400 motorcycle accident injuries are reported annually at emergency departments in the state of New York.
Our Jericho motorcycle accident attorneys at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. have seen firsthand how the injuries suffered by motorcyclists can be life-changing. We have achieved seven-figure results for motorcycle accident victims to help them get back to their lives. We know how to get the results you deserve. Hear from some of our previous clients about their experience with us:
- Darnelle Morency said, “I worked with Mr. Simon and his associates on my accident case. He is an outstanding lawyer. His firm has been with me every step of the way. I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. I will recommend his firm Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers to anyone. Great job.”
- Steven Lazarre said, “I contacted the firm the day after my accident and they guided me through the process. Whenever I called to check on the case, I was always asked about my physical health first before we discussed business. I would definitely recommend Friedman & Simon to my friends, family and colleagues.”
Contact us online or call us today for a free case evaluation.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Jericho, call 516-932-0400
How Our Firm Handles Motorcycle Accident Cases in Jericho
Our firm takes care of all the major components of a client’s personal injury case. We also take on fatal motorcycle cases should the surviving family members approach us for help. If you need representation in a wrongful death case, we offer our deepest sympathies and our legal support. Our services include:
- Regular case updates
- Liable party identification
- Communication with other parties
- Evidence collection
- Case valuation
Before you begin to worry about the cost of all these services, consider that we are a contingency fee firm. With this fee structure, you owe nothing until the end of the case, and only if we win. We will discuss our fee as a percentage of the case winnings during your free case assessment.
Jericho Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Damages Our Team will Fight to Collect
Many clients have shared with us over the years how other motorists can make the roads unsafe for motorcyclists. Cars and trucks often merge, change lanes, and make turns with no regard for the motorcyclist’s position on the road. With the general lack of protection motorcycles afford, this often leads to devastating injuries.
If you suffered harm due to a motorcycle accident, our team is here to fight for your financial recovery. If your loved one passed away due to motorcycle accident injuries, we offer our sincere condolences along with our assurance that we are determined to win the compensation you need and the justice your departed loved one deserves.
Recoverable damages in this type of case typically include medical expenses for:
- Emergency transportation and treatment
- Hospital stays
- Follow-ups with specialists
- Surgeries and medications
- Physical therapy and assistive devices
For injuries that cause long-term or permanent damage, you could also recover compensation for disability and disfigurement.
Aside from building up medical debt, motorcycle accident injuries could impact your ability to earn income. You may be out of work for an extended recovery period. Permanent injuries may keep you from returning to the same job or going back to work at all. As such, compensation for current and future missed income could be available.
Victims of severe injuries often suffer lingering physical pain, trauma, and mental anguish. Similarly, surviving family members experience loss of companionship, support, and guidance when a loved one passes unexpectedly. Our team will argue that you are entitled to recover maximum value for you for these damages.
It is important to consider working with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in order to ensure your damages are appropriately valued. Our firm will fight to help you recover not only compensation for pain and suffering but also for lost wages and the cost of medical care and treatment as well.
Understanding New York Motorcycle Laws
Motorcycle accidents involve numerous special considerations. For example, unlike other motor vehicle accident cases, people injured while riding motorcycles are not entitled to the benefits of New York State No-Fault Insurance.
This restriction leaves injured motorcyclists two options for seeking compensation: filing a liability claim or a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. Both of these paths are governed by certain laws that our team will navigate to find success in your case.
Proving Fault and Liability based on Negligence Laws
Whether filing a liability claim or a lawsuit after a motorcycle accident, you must prove the other party’s negligence to secure any compensation. The main components of negligence under the law are as follows:
- The other party owed you a certain level of care. For example, all motorists must follow the state’s road rules and practice safe driving techniques to keep those around them safe.
- The other party did not fulfill that level of care. Breaking traffic laws and failing to look out for and yield to motorcycles violates a driver’s duty to drive safely.
- Due to their actions, the liable party caused an accident. We will need to prove the driver’s actions, such as driving while intoxicated, as the main cause of the collision.
- You suffered damages in the accident. We will also need to connect your physical, emotional, and financial damages to the collision.
New York’s comparative negligence law is another crucial aspect of this process. In this state, we only have to prove that the other party was mostly responsible for the collision, which means you could recover compensation even if you hold partial fault. However, our team will still fight hard to minimize your percentage of fault, as this will directly affect the amount of damages you receive.
The Statute of Limitations on Filing a Lawsuit
No matter how strong the case against the other party is, state law limits the amount of time you have to proceed with a lawsuit. This time limit is critical even if you plan to seek a settlement, because the ability to sue is valuable leverage in negotiations.
New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CVP) §214 outlines the general filing window for personal injury cases, though other deadlines may apply depending on the circumstances. One of our team’s main priorities when we sign on to a case, is identifying the filing deadline, as this informs how long we have to:
- Investigate the accident and collect timely evidence (such as surveillance and dash-cam video, witness statements, etc.)
- Review and organize the evidence into a strong case
- Evaluate damages and overall case value
- Reach out to the other party’s insurance company
- Negotiate for an appropriate settlement
- File the paperwork to begin a lawsuit
The more time we have before the deadline arrives, the greater the opportunity our team has to build the strongest case possible on your behalf, so don’t wait to reach out.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Us Help You Seek Financial Recovery after a Motorcycle Accident
In our more than 25 years of practice, we have seen many scenarios that resulted in serious and catastrophic motorcycle accidents. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of both licensed and unlicensed motorcycle accident injury victims. Call the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team today to discuss how we can help you.
Call us today to learn more about our reliable personal injury services.