Your family may have suffered a recent loss due to a wrongful death incident. If so, we are very sorry this has happened to your family. This kind of loss is immeasurable.
You may still be mourning the loss, and your family may also be struggling financially right now. Our personal injury lawyers will be able to recover your financial damages through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, and taking such legal action may even help you find a sense of closure. During a complimentary consultation, we’ll tell you more about working with a Jericho wrongful death lawyer from our firm.
- What Kinds of Cases do Wrongful Death Lawyers Handle?
- How do Wrongful Death Lawyers Prove a Wrongful Death Case?
- What Damages Can I Demand in a Jericho Wrongful Death Case?
- How Will My Wrongful Death Lawyer Resolve My Wrongful Death Case?
- What Can You Tell Me About Your Wrongful Death Lawyers in Jericho, NY?
- Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Your Jericho Wrongful Death Lawyer
What Kinds of Cases do Wrongful Death Lawyers Handle?
If you lost a loved one in any kind of accident, you should consider putting your case in the experienced hands of a personal injury and wrongful death lawyer from our firm. This type of lawyer handles personal injury incidents involving loss of life. Your lawyer can manage your case if it involves any of the following types of incidents:
- A vehicle accident, such as a car, truck, or motorcycle accident
- A bicycle accident, such as one involving a driver ignoring bike lane signs
- A pedestrian accident, such as one involving a bus in an intersection
- An accident on another person’s personal property, such as a fatal slip and fall accident
- A construction or industrial accident, such as one involving a fall from a height
- A defective product incident, such as one involving a product that can explode during use
- A nursing home accident, such as one involving a caretaker’s extreme negligence
- Any other personal injury incident involving loss of life
For a free legal consultation with a Wrongful Death lawyer serving Jericho, call 516-932-0400
How do Wrongful Death Lawyers Prove a Wrongful Death Case?
One of the very first things a wrongful death lawyer from our firm will do is investigate your case, looking for evidence of the other party’s negligence and liability. Evidence in a wrongful death case can come in many forms, such as:
- A police report
- Traffic camera footage of an accident
- Security camera or dashcam footage
- A witness’s cell phone photos of an accident scene
- Forensic evidence
- A bus’s black box data
You can be sure your lawyer will seek evidence to show the other party’s negligence and liability in your case. However, to actually establish negligence and liability, your lawyer will also have to show:
- The other party had a duty of care (a responsibility to act carefully in order to prevent harm to your loved one).
- The other party violated their duty of care (by acting very irresponsibly and recklessly).
- The other party’s actions led to the incident.
- Your family incurred damages as a result.
Building a case with evidence and establishing liability are difficult things to do, so you may want to leave them to one of our Jericho wrongful death attorneys. Your attorney will do everything they can, so you can feel justice has been achieved in your case.
Jericho Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What Damages Can I Demand in a Jericho Wrongful Death Case?
You, your loved one, and the rest of your family suffered because of someone else’s terrible actions or reckless failure to take appropriate action. . You have the right to demand damages from this other party, including the damages your loved one experienced. Through a wrongful death lawsuit, you can demand:
- Any physical pain and related damages your loved one experienced before passing
- Any emergency medical bills and related bills your loved one incurred before passing
- The income and work benefits your loved one was bringing in for the family
- Any other financial damages your family may incur in the future
- Your loss of companionship and consortium, the special types of loss a person suffers when a spouse is a wrongful death victim
- Your children’s loss of parental support and guidance
- Any loss of enjoyment in your life
- Any related emotional and/or mental damage you and your family suffer
How Will My Wrongful Death Lawyer Resolve My Wrongful Death Case?
Your lawyer will handle your case with care and sensitivity and resolve your case with determination and assertiveness. Your lawyer should be able to resolve your case with the other party’s insurer and attorney, but if not, when indicated, your lawyer won’t hesitate to take your case before a judge and resolve your case in court.
Once your lawyer has prepared your case, you and your lawyer may choose to present it to the other party instead of taking it to court immediately. The other party may be willing to negotiate an appropriate settlement, and settlement negotiations could be more attractive for you, in terms of winning an excellent outcome in a shorter time than taking your case to court. To persuade the other party to negotiate, your lawyer is ready, willing, and able to take them to court.
If negotiations fail, your lawyer can hire the appropriate experts to corroborate your case, and then your lawyer can take the other party to court. There, your lawyer will fight for an appropriate verdict from the jury with a judge presiding.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can You Tell Me About Your Wrongful Death Lawyers in Jericho, NY?
At our firm, our Jericho wrongful death lawyers work with a dedicated team of legal professionals, so that our firm’s thirty years of experience and success benefit you. Our firm has recovered over $250,000,000 for our clients and we will work tirelessly to win the best possible recovery for you as well. . As a result of our firm’s thirty years of dedication to excellence, our lawyers have received numerous acknowledgments and awards, including:
- An Avvo Rating of 10: Superb (the highest possible rating)
- The Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- The National Trial Lawyers: New York Top 100 Award
- Membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Additionally, our lawyers and other staff are multilingual, so they can speak with you in Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada, and our lawyers can see you anywhere on Long Island or anywhere else in the New York metropolitan area.
Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. for Your Jericho Wrongful Death Lawyer
Your family has suffered an immeasurable loss. You may be struggling in many ways right now, but our firm is able to help you recover in some of those ways. One of our wrongful death attorneys will fight for you, your loved one, and the rest of your family and for the damages you all deserve.
If you’d like to learn more about our firm’s wrongful death attorneys in Jericho, we can tell you more during a complimentary consultation. We’ll get a better understanding of your case and give you a better understanding of what it will be like to work with one of our attorneys. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today for your complimentary consultation.