A spinal cord injury is painful and likely to affect you for life. If you or your loved one have suffered such an injury and believe that someone else is to blame for it, then you have probably thought about filing a personal injury case. An experienced and dedicated Jericho personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. is ready to work with you.
Our attorney will do everything possible to prepare your case and fight for compensation on your behalf. Insurance companies and other parties involved in your case will have lawyers on their side. It is in your best interest to have powerful legal representation of your own.
- Seeking Compensation After Your Jericho Spinal Cord Injury
- How a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer From Our Firm Will Assist You
- Why You Should Take Action on Your Spinal Cord Injury Case Today
- Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Jericho
- Call for Your Free Consultation Today and Learn More About Our Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Seeking Compensation After Your Jericho Spinal Cord Injury
If you believe that your spinal cord injury was caused by the actions or negligence of someone else, then our Jericho personal injury lawyer will hold them accountable. You should sue for damages that cover all types of expenses stemming from your accident. You should also receive compensation for the psychological toll that the injury and accident have had on your family.
An appropriate compensation offer will cover:
- Medical expenses: A spinal cord injury often results in hefty medical bills. These bills pile up and cause financial hardship, so your compensation needs to make up for these unexpected expenses.
- The cost of future medical care: Spinal cord injuries are likely to cause lasting medical complications that require additional care. Even whiplash, which some people may erroneously think is only a minor neck and spine injury, has the potential to affect your quality of life for years. Compensation needs to be calculated with your future care costs in mind.
- Lost income: Even a minor spinal cord injury will probably lead to missed workdays. This lost income quickly begins to add up, causing increased financial difficulties. Your damages should help cover these missed paychecks as well.
- A loss of future earning potential: An injury that continues to affect your ability to work could derail a career or make it impossible to work at all. If this accident reduced your earning potential and made it harder to provide for your family, that needs to be considered when compensation is calculated.
- Diminished quality of life: A spinal cord injury that affects your ability to work is likely to also affect your ability to enjoy leisure time. If you are no longer able to take part in a hobby, sport, or activity you once loved, you should be compensated.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation should also reimburse you for any past and future pain and suffering the accident and its resulting injuries have caused.
For a free legal consultation with a Spinal Cord Injury lawyer serving Jericho, call 516-932-0400
How a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer From Our Firm Will Assist You
Our spinal cord injury lawyer serving Jericho will do many things to assist you with your case. Your attorney will:
- Keep you updated on your case: You will always be in the loop and the first to learn of any changes in your case. We will tell you about settlement offers, deposition dates, and anything else that you need to know as we fight for appropriate compensation.
- Identify liable parties: Your attorney will show who was responsible for the accident that caused your spinal cord injury. Then they will hold them accountable.
- Communicate with all parties for you: You have enough on your plate, so let us communicate on your behalf. We will speak to lawyers, insurance companies, and any other parties involved in your case. You focus on recovery and your family.
- Gather evidence: Your attorney will gather any evidence needed to make your case. We collect surveillance footage, request copies of police reports, and talk to eyewitnesses. If it will help with your case, we will use it.
- Determine a value for your case: We take into account the unique circumstances that you are facing and determine what would be adequate compensation. Then we will advise you and your family on settlement offers.
- Talk to expert witnesses: We will talk to expert witnesses who are able to speak authoritatively about your current medical prognosis, your potential future care needs, and whether or not you will be able to work in the same capacity after your spinal cord injury.
- Protect you and your loved ones from accusations: Other parties involved in your case are likely to accuse you or your loved ones of wrongdoing. They want to show that you, not them, are to blame for the accident that caused your injury. Your attorney will protect you from such accusations.
- Work tirelessly to win be best possible case outcome for you.
Jericho Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Why You Should Take Action on Your Spinal Cord Injury Case Today
It is in your best interest to act quickly after you have been injured in an accident. There are state laws, like New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, which give you a limited amount of time to pursue a personal injury case. Acting quickly will also provide our Jericho spinal cord injury attorneys a greater opportunity to gather evidence and build the strongest case possible on your behalf.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Jericho
Our lawyers have experience handling many types of spinal cord injury cases. We have assisted clients who suffered injuries in:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
No matter how you or your loved one suffered an injury, we are ready to assist you and your family in this difficult time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for Your Free Consultation Today and Learn More About Our Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Now is the time to learn more about your legal options and how an attorney from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will work for you and your family. Call for your free consultation today and speak to our staff. There is no obligation and no upfront fee to worry about, just the chance to learn more about your legal options.