The spinal cord is one of the most critically important parts of the human body; therefore, it may be seriously debilitating when the spinal cord is injured. It can be extremely painful both physically and mentally, not to mention you may be facing a loss of independence and mobility that diminishes your quality of life.
If the severity of the injury is catastrophic, you may also be dealing with financial instability. Medical bills and time spent away from work dig a deep financial hole pretty quickly. You shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences of another person’s carelessness and negligence on your own. If you are a spinal cord injury victim and are seeking compensation, our New York spinal cord injury lawyer will handle your case.
In This Article
- How Can a New York Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Help?
- Why Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P For Your Injury Case?
- What are the Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in New York?
- New York Statute of Limitations
- Contact Your New York Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today!
How Can a New York Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Help?
Personal injury cases are often complex, as there may be multiple parties involved in the accident that caused your injury. Perhaps one of the most challenging difficulties is dealing with the insurance company if they deny liability or attempt to issue a lowball settlement offer.
As your New York spinal cord injury lawyer, we have the experience and resources to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf. It is extremely difficult for accident victims to focus on their cases and recover from injuries at the same time. With us handling your case, you don’t have to split your attention. When you retain us, you can give your full attention to your medical treatment and healing while we attend to every detail of your case.
Let our attorneys take some of the burden off of you. We will handle the legal process, gather physical evidence, interview witnesses, and, as needed, return to the accident scene to investigate. As we fight for an appropriate financial award, we will keep you updated on any progress.
For a free legal consultation with a Spinal Cord Injury lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Why Choose Friedman & Simon, L.L.P For Your Injury Case?
We have made a difference for clients across New York and Long Island. Some of our case resolutions include:
- $4,100,000 for a preschool care worker who sustained a severe spinal cord injury in a rollover accident
- $1,200,000 for a roofer who suffered a back injury at a construction site
- $1,162,000 for a tenant who suffered injuries to their coccyx and back after a fall on a slippery walkway
During our case evaluation, we will assess the potential value of your claim, so we account for everything you’ve lost and suffered as a result of your injury.
Our testimonials also speak to our success in improving the quality of life of our clients. Here’s what some have to say about working with our firm.
- “When no one would give us the time of day Roger Simon took our case and won it. He is compassionate, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable.” – Myrna
- “Mr. Friedman and his staff were phenomenal at protecting my legal rights. I have only words of praise for his work and a genuine appreciation for his humane, thoughtful approach to his clients.” – Debora
- “Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done to me and for everything I had to go through. They were thorough and professional. I would recommend them highly to anyone who has been injured in an accident.” – Larry
What Kinds of Damages Can Be Awarded in New York? The cost to treat a spinal cord injury varies from patient to patient. Our attorneys will communicate with your doctors and other professionals as part of the process of properly evaluating your medical damages.
When we file your claim, we will also negotiate for non-economic damages. This means we will focus on how the accident and your injury have affected your quality of life so that we are optimally positioned to demand appropriate compensation to mitigate these consequences.
Some of the types of damages that could be awarded in a spinal cord injury claim include:
- Medical costs
- Costs of future treatment
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Medical devices
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one after they suffered a spinal cord injury, we express our heartfelt condolences for your loss. We understand that it may seem impossible to take on the person or people responsible, but we want to assure you that justice is our burden to carry. We will handle your case to secure these kinds of damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and guidance
- Compensation for your loved one’s suffering
- Your loved one’s previous medical expenses
New York Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
What are the Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in New York?
While it’s true that most serious accidents could cause a spinal cord injury, many injuries of this kind are caused by car accidents, per the World Health Organization (WHO). An experienced and dedicated New York car accident lawyer from our team of legal professionals will pursue the at-fault party by conducting an investigation into the cause of the accident.
However, there are other common causes of spinal cord injuries, including:
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- Job site accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
Have you or a loved one recently endured a spinal cord injury in New York? One of our excellent catastrophic injury attorneys will begin assembling your case based on the circumstances of your accident or incident.
New York Statute of Limitations
According to the New York statute of limitations, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit after a spinal cord injury. Once the statute of limitations expires, it’s practically certain that you’ll be unable to receive compensation from the at-fault party.
The sooner you contact our firm to take on your case, the sooner we can begin collecting valuable information, such as witness statements, dashcam and surveillance footage, and time-sensitive data. We will use the time we have to build a strong case on your behalf, and we will protect your rights to compensation by filing within the deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Your New York Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today!
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a spinal cord injury, get in touch with our team. We are ready and able to take on your case and get you the justice that you deserve.
During our free consultation, we will assess your legal options and give you more information about the services we have to offer. Once we take you on as our client, you don’t pay a dime until we win your financial award. Call or fill out our contact form to get started today.