Some brain injuries are so severe that they cause physical, financial, and emotional distress, taking over your life for years or even permanently. However, if another party is to blame for causing your injuries, you should not be stuck covering the costs.
You have the chance to hold the liable party accountable and recover the compensation you are entitled to. With legal support from a New York brain injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., you will start to rebuild your life with the compensation you deserve.
In This Article
- How to Claim Appropriate Compensation After a Brain Injury in New York
- What Our New York Brain Injury Lawyers Do To Help You
- New York Brain Injury Lawsuit Filing Deadlines
- Causes of Brain Injuries in New York and Who To Sue
- Contact a Brain Injury Lawyer in New York Today
How to Claim Appropriate Compensation After a Brain Injury in New York
After suffering a traumatic brain injury, it makes sense to wonder how much you could be awarded if your case is successful. Your New York personal injury lawyer will carefully evaluate how your injuries have affected your life in order to correctly calculate the value of your case.
The types of damages you could be awarded will vary widely depending on the circumstances of your case. However, you have the right to be made whole and recover compensation for every way you have been affected by your injuries.
With that in mind, there are specific types of damages that may be recoverable following a traumatic brain injury. Examples of such damages could include:
- Ongoing physical therapy and occupational therapy costs
- Prescription medication, transportation costs, co-pays, and other out-of-pocket medical costs
- Corrective surgeries and other types of medical interventions
- The costs of your future medical care
- Your inability to support yourself or earn a living
- Your diminished quality of life
- The physical pain and suffering you experience on a day-to-day basis
- The emotional trauma and distress you cope with
- The embarrassment and psychological distress associated with severe scarring or disfigurement
- Any personal property damages that could have occurred, such as vehicle repair costs
These are merely a few examples of the kinds of damages that could be recovered following a traumatic brain injury. If you are interested in finding out more about how much your case is worth, we will analyze your case to calculate the value of your losses and review these with you patiently, compassionately, and comprehensively.
You Could Seek Wrongful Death Damages for Your Loved One’s Fatal Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injuries are sometimes life-threatening or fatal. If your loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury, such as a penetrating brain injury, and later succumbed as a result of their injuries, you could have the right to seek justice through a wrongful death case.
Allow our team at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. to offer our heartfelt condolences for your loss. It is our honor to be considered to serve as your legal representative in the fight to hold the liable party accountable. Our team will work diligently to bring the at-fault party to justice so your family has time to mourn.
For a free legal consultation with a Brain Injury lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
What Our New York Brain Injury Lawyers Do To Help You
Having our New York brain injury lawyers on your side could ease some of your stress. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will:
- Keep you updated on your case
- Identify liable parties
- Communicate with all parties for you
- Gather evidence
- Determine a value for your case
- Be relentless in our efforts to win the best possible case outcome for you
You deserve time to recover from your brain injury. Let our team handle all the legal details.
Client Reviews and Accolades for Our New York Law Firm
At Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., we work tirelessly to advocate for our clients’ rights to appropriate compensation. Check out some of our most recent client reviews:
- “I was extremely pleased with the legal representation provided by Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. I was badly injured in an accident where a careless driver crashed into the rear of my car. My injuries required surgery, extensive physical therapy, and a long recovery period. My injuries negatively affected my time with my family, my ability to work, and my recreational activities. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P., fought for me and made sure that I was paid for all the harm that was done to me and for everything I had to go through. They were thorough and professional. I would recommend them highly to anyone who has been injured in an accident.” -Larry
- “This law firm is highly trustworthy, very professional, and client-friendly, I’d recommend them anytime.” -Moulton
New York Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
New York Brain Injury Lawsuit Filing Deadlines
You won’t have forever to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
If you are attempting to collect evidence to support your case, such as dashboard camera footage, video surveillance, witness statements, or other time-sensitive evidence, it may only be available for a short period of time. It is important to start working on your case as soon as possible to avoid having your compensation limited.
Failure to meet deadlines often means claim denials. You could avoid hassles with the statute of limitations and other important deadlines by working with a brain injury attorney in New York from the start.
Causes of Brain Injuries in New York and Who To Sue
Brain injuries could be caused by virtually endless types of accidents and incidents. The way your brain injury occurred will determine who is at fault for your damages. For instance, if your traumatic brain injuries were caused by a drunk driving car accident, the drunk driver, social hosts, and other third parties could share fault.
Alternatively, if your brain injuries occurred in a slip and fall accident, the property owner where the accident occurred could be to blame. Only a thorough investigation into the cause of your brain injuries will uncover the truth.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Brain Injury Lawyer in New York Today
You do not need to sit back and cope with the trauma of what you have been through. You have the opportunity to take that control of your life and make the at-fault party pay. Reach out to a New York brain injury lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P.
To find out more about what’s next for your case, contact us. A member of our team is available to offer you a free consultation and answer your questions. Get started with our New York brain injury lawyer today.