If you suffered injuries or your condition worsened due to the negligent actions of a medical practitioner, you have the right to pursue legal action.
A New York medical malpractice lawyer at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help you file a claim and fight for justice.
Contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation and case evaluation.
In This Article
- Friedman & Simon Can Assist You With Your Medical Malpractice Case
- Proving Liability for Your New York Medical Malpractice Case
- Recoverable Damages in a New York Medical Malpractice Claim
- The Benefits of Working With Our New York Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Why Work With an Attorney on a Medical Malpractice Case?
- Free Consultation & Case Review for New York Medical Malpractice Clients
Friedman & Simon Can Assist You With Your Medical Malpractice Case
The personal injury lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can assist you with your New York medical malpractice case. If the actions of a physician or another medical practitioner caused you to suffer an injury or made an existing condition worsen, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
Examples of medical malpractice cases we have handled include:
- Missed diagnosis
- Delayed diagnosis
- Incorrect diagnosis
- Anesthesia administration errors
- Surgical error
- Medication error
- Failure to advise of risk
- Failure to treat
- Failure to follow-up properly after treatment
- Defective medical devices
- Prematurely discharging a patient
- Failing to check a patient’s medical history
- Not recognizing symptoms in a patient
- Secondary infection
- Birth injury (includes a failure to perform a C-section promptly, failure to diagnose and treat preeclampsia and other pregnancy complications)
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
Medical practitioners who may be liable for malpractice include the following:
- Physician assistants
- Nurses (RN and LPN)
- Nurse practitioners
- Oral surgeons
- Medical testing technicians
You can also hold facilities liable for malpractice. You may have the right to pursue compensation from the following:
- Urgent care facilities
- Surgical centers
- Medical practices
- Testing laboratories
- Nursing homes
- Residential care centers
We Will Manage Your Medical Malpractice Case so You Focus on Your Recovery
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team analyzes the details of your case to identify the at-fault parties. We use evidence and documentation to prove liability and demonstrate your economic and non-economic damages. We handle all aspects of your case and communicate on your behalf, leaving you to focus on your recovery.
Our New York medical malpractice lawyers fight to recover the maximum compensation available for your damages. Contact us today to discuss your case.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Proving Liability for Your New York Medical Malpractice Case
Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. conducts a thorough investigation of your case and obtains evidence and documentation to identify the at-fault party or parties. We prove liability using information that may include:
- Medical records
- Photographs of your injuries
- Malpractice claims history
- Prior complaints
- Expert opinions
Doctors and medical practitioners must provide their patients with treatment that conforms to the generally accepted standard of care. We use the evidence we gathered to demonstrate how the practitioner failed to uphold this obligation.
New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a New York Medical Malpractice Claim
To establish the value of your case, our attorneys identify and document your physical, emotional, and economic damages. You may be able to recover compensation for any of the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment and care
- Physician and surgeon services
- Hospitalization and surgery
- Medications and medical devices
- Lost income and benefits
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If you require additional treatment or if you cannot return to your previous job duties, we may also include the following:
- The projected cost of future medical care and treatment
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent injuries and damage
We document your damages with medical records, wage statements, and opinions from experts in fields that may include:
- Medical: to address the nature and extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery
- Economic: to address the future value of income and benefits losses
- Lifecare: to address any in-home or residential care you may need
- Vocational rehabilitation: to address your ability to return to work and resume your prior job duties
Wrongful Death Damages in a New York Medical Malpractice Case
There is some amount of risk with medical procedures, and unfortunately, death is one of them. If someone dies after surgery or another medical treatment, it is not automatically grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit. However, in some cases, a patient’s death may lead to a medical malpractice action if the lawyers for the surviving family members can show that the medical professional or facility that treated their loved one acted negligently.
Our New York medical malpractice lawyer can review the details of the situation to determine if negligence occurred. We will work to show:
- Your relative had a doctor-patient relationship with the medical professional.
- The medical professional did not adhere to the accepted standard of care in the medical field, which constitutes negligence on their part.
- The medical professional’s negligence directly caused your loved one’s injury and death.
- Your loved one’s injuries and death resulted in damages that must be paid or repaid, such as their final medical bills, funeral and burial costs, and loss of their household income.
If your loved one died because of a medical professional’s negligent actions, the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team can assist you with a wrongful death action. Contact us now at 516-932-0400 for help.
The Benefits of Working With Our New York Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Since 1991, Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. has provided compassionate advocacy and legal representation for victims of medical malpractice. Our legal team helps you obtain justice and recover compensation for your economic and non-economic damages.
Our services to you include:
Constant Communication & Regular Updates
Our legal team communicates with you throughout the legal process. We answer any questions you might have and provide you with regular updates about your case. You will know what is going on at all times.
Identifying Liable Parties
The Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. legal team investigates your case to identify all parties who caused or contributed to your medical malpractice injuries. We establish liability by demonstrating how the wrongful or negligent actions of at-fault parties caused your injuries.
Sometimes, this can be difficult to do, as multiple medical professionals can carry out a medical procedure on a patient. We will find out who treated you or your loved one to ensure we hold the right parties accountable.
Representing You in All Matters
Our legal team handles all the details of your case and communicates with all parties, including other attorneys and the insurance company. This allows you to focus on your recovery and rebuilding your life.
Investigating Your Case
We investigate all aspects of your case and obtain evidence to support your claim. A strong, well-supported case provides the best opportunity for us to recover the compensation you deserve for your damages.
We will start with you to get your account of your injuries and what happened. You can share any documentation you have with us that could help us make your case. We will also speak with witnesses and expert witnesses who can give us insight into what happened and if negligence occurred.
Identifying Recoverable Damages
We identify and document all physical, emotional, and economic damages you incurred in your medical malpractice case to ensure that we obtain the resources you need.
You have a limited time to pursue legal action for medical malpractice. Failure to take the proper steps within this time period will result in the loss of your right to recover compensation for damages. Contact Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. today to protect your legal rights.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Work With an Attorney on a Medical Malpractice Case?
In addition to the reasons listed above, having an attorney from our firm on your side can help you strengthen your medical malpractice case and prove that medical negligence occurred. It is widely known that these kinds of cases take a great deal of time and are difficult to prove. Our lawyers are passionate advocates for the injured, and we will protect your rights and interests as we fight for your financial recovery.
Hiring legal representation will protect you against making mistakes that could jeopardize your case and save time as we manage your entire case. We will take care of all the legal paperwork, which can be extensive in these cases, and deal with the insurance company.
Speaking with an insurance company can be intimidating, but working with a lawyer who knows how to communicate with them can help you manage this part of the process. We will also take your case to trial if we cannot recover a favorable insurance settlement. We will use our knowledge and resources to obtain the outcome that works for you.
Free Consultation & Case Review for New York Medical Malpractice Clients
The New York medical malpractice lawyers at Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will advocate for you and work tirelessly to recover the compensation you need. Our compassionate legal team is also multilingual. We can assist you in English, Greek, Spanish, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
For a no-cost consultation and case review for your New York medical malpractice case, contact us now.