If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an Uber accident in New York, you deserve compensation. However, navigating the insurance claims process and legal system after an Uber accident can be difficult. A New York Uber accident lawyer from Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. can help.
We understand how Uber’s insurance works and can handle your case for you. All you need to focus on is your physical recovery. We will manage the entire legal process for you.
In This Article
- We Handle All Types of Uber Accident Cases
- Recoverable Damages in a New York Uber Accident Case
- Let Us Help You Recover Compensation After an Uber Crash
- Talk to a New York Uber Accident Lawyer
We Handle All Types of Uber Accident Cases
We can help you understand your options for compensation after a New York Uber accident if you are:
- An Uber driver
- An Uber passenger
- A third party (e.g., another driver, a cyclist, a pedestrian) hit by an Uber driver
Uber provides insurance coverage depending on what the driver was doing at the time of the crash:
- If the Uber driver was logged into the app and waiting to match with a rider, Uber provides liability coverage, personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, and uninsured motorist coverage.
- If the driver matched with a rider or has a rider in the car, Uber provides up to $1.25 million in liability coverage, $50,000 per person in PIP coverage, and up to $1.25 million in uninsured motorist coverage.
If the Uber driver was not logged into the app, their personal insurance applies. If a third-party driver caused the accident, their insurance will apply. In many instances, both the third-party and the Uber driver’s insurance apply.
Our rideshare accident team will investigate the accident to determine which coverage applies. Call us for a free case evaluation today: 516-932-0400.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving New York, call 516-932-0400
Recoverable Damages in a New York Uber Accident Case
We will collect evidence to prove the full range of your damages, and fight to recover the compensation you deserve. You may be entitled to compensation for the following types of damages:
- Ambulance transportation from the scene of the crash
- Emergency department triage and treatment
- Testing and imaging
- Prescription drug costs
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Ongoing care costs
- Necessary medical equipment
- Doctor costs
Other Economic Expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Rental car costs
- Loss of services
- Miscellaneous expenses related to your injuries or treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other emotional damages
Wrongful Death Action
If you lost a loved one in a New York Uber crash, we can file a wrongful death action. A wrongful death claim allows you to recover compensation to cover the losses associated with your loved one’s death. Call us today for help with a wrongful death case: 516-932-0400.
New York Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Let Us Help You Recover Compensation After an Uber Crash
We will investigate your accident and collect evidence to establish liability and prove your entitlement to damages. This may include working with accident reconstruction specialists and other experts.
There are generally two ways we can recover damages for our clients in Uber accident cases. These include:
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company; or
- Winning a verdict in an injury lawsuit
Act Now to Ensure You Meet the Deadline
New York law gives you a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit based on your Uber accident. Give us a call as soon as possible after your accident so we can protect your right to compensation.
Talk to a New York Uber Accident Lawyer
The members of the Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. team are passionate advocates for the injured. Friedman & Simon, L.L.P. will fight for the full compensation you deserve after a New York Uber accident. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Greek, Bengali, Tamil, or Kannada, and can meet you on Long Island or elsewhere in the New York metropolitan area.
Call our office today at 516-932-0400 to schedule a time to meet with a member of our team and discuss your accident and injuries.