If you were injured in an accident in East Meadow, NY, you may be able to seek compensation for the damages you sustained. An East Meadow personal injury lawyer from Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers LLP will outline your legal rights and explain how to move forward with your claim.
We offer every prospective client a free consultation to learn more about their case and our services. In addition, our attorneys work on a contingency-fee-basis, so there is no financial risk to reaching out.
- Why Work With a Personal Injury Attorney in East Meadow
- Filing an East Meadow Personal Injury Claim
- Injuries That Could Qualify You for Financial Recovery
- Damages You Could Claim for Personal Injury in East Meadow
- What to Do If You Are Injured in an Accident
- Call Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers LLP, Today for Your Free Consultation
Why Work With a Personal Injury Attorney in East Meadow
For over 30 years, the personal injury attorneys at Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers LLP have vigorously advocated for the rights of injury victims in East Meadow. Over the past three decades, our team has established a reputation for compassionate and successful representation in a wide range of injury cases.
No matter how difficult your case is, our team will take care of the legal complexities and let you focus on rehabilitation. For example, our attorneys will:
- Maintain communication: Our attorneys will keep you informed every step of the way, so you will always know what to expect.
- Determine liability: Our attorneys will analyze your case to determine who the liable parties are, consistent with local and state laws and regulations.
- Obtain evidence and compile documents: We seek evidence in the form of photos, medical bills, expert analysis, and witness statements. This evidence allows us to establish that your injury was caused by another’s illegal or negligent actions and that you suffered material losses as a direct result of the injury.
- Establish contact with the other party and their insurer: We will contact the at-fault party’s insurance company and legal counsel to inform them of your intent to file. We will also submit the required documents to initiate the process.
- Place a value on your claim and conduct negotiations: Insurance companies may unfairly offer a lowball settlement amount or deny your claim. Our experienced attorneys at Friedman & Simon LLP Injury Lawyers will leverage their comprehensive knowledge to vigorously prosecute your claim for just compensation.
- Take your case to court: If you are unable to reach a fair settlement for your claim outside the courtroom, our lawyers will not hesitate to present your case in court.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving East Meadow, call 516-932-0400
Filing an East Meadow Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury law encompasses many different injury scenarios. For example, some accidents that often warrant compensation include:
- Dog bites
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Trip and falls
These types of accidents can cause injuries that affect your quality of life for years to come. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, our team is here to discuss your legal rights and potential next steps for free.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases in East Meadow
Per New York Civil Practice Laws & Rules § 214, you have a limited amount of time from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party; the exact length of time depends on your case, as there are exceptions.
Given this deadline and other time-sensitive considerations, it’s critical to take quick action after an accident. In addition to the applicable statute of limitations (which may be shorter than the general one linked above, depending upon the particular circumstances of your case,) factors such as obtaining witness statements, dashcam and surveillance video, and other relevant and potentially powerful evidence should all be addressed promptly, as delay in doing so may lead to these items becoming unavailable for a wide variety of reasons. You can ensure your attorney has the time to build the strongest possible case on your behalf by contacting them as soon after the accident as possible.
East Meadow Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 516-932-0400
Injuries That Could Qualify You for Financial Recovery
Even seemingly minor injuries can affect your life negatively. Types of injuries that often lead to personal injury claims include:
- Bruises, cuts, and abrasions
- Puncture Wounds
- Pulled, sprained, or strained muscles
- Soft tissue damage
- Joint, tendon, and ligament damage
- Broken bones
- Spinal, neck, and back injuries
- Head and face injuries
- Severe head trauma
- Nerve damage
- Reduced mobility or loss of mobility
- Loss of limb
If you experience any of these injuries due to someone else’s actions, an injury lawyer can analyze your case, explain your legal rights, and seek compensation on your behalf.
If you lost a loved one in the accident, we extend our heartfelt condolences. We will work tirelessly on behalf of your family to secure fair compensation and justice.
Damages You Could Claim for Personal Injury in East Meadow
Potentially recoverable damages include:
- Medical costs
- Reduced income
- Compromised quality of life
- Compromised ability to work
- Change of career
- Physical therapy
- Long-term medical treatment
- Medical equipment and prostheses
- Reduced mobility
- Loss of limb and other serious or catastrophic injuries
- Psychological trauma and PTSD
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of companionship
An attorney from our firm representing injury victims in East Meadow can determine the monetary value of your claim and fight for your legal right to compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do If You Are Injured in an Accident
If you have been injured in an accident in East Meadow, take the following steps to ensure your safety and support your injury claim.
- Move out of harm’s way and call 911.
- Seek medical attention. Some injuries are masked by adrenaline, and you may not feel them until hours, days, or even weeks later. Contact your doctor if you experience any injury symptoms, even if it is days after the accident.
- Document the accident scene. If you are able, take photographs of your injuries, any vehicles, equipment, or objects involved in the accident, and any other photographic evidence that will support your claim. In addition, record the names and contact information of involved parties and witnesses, and file a police report.
- Don’t admit fault. Do not make any statements or sign any agreements that imply you are at fault. Injury cases can be very complex, so it is best to speak with your attorney before you make any statements.
Call Friedman & Simon Injury Lawyers LLP, Today for Your Free Consultation
Our personal injury lawyers will vigorously defend your right to fair compensation for your injuries in East Meadow.
Call us today for your free consultation with one of our team members to review your personal injury case.